Nihang Dera Raid Nets Prostitution Ring

BhagatBalmik

To clarify, by nangs I mean niddar and group which influence the GT organization. By no means or stretch do I mean Nihang Singhs at all...

Anyways, my beliefs aren't set in stone and as I learn more i'm willing to grow.

One of the most balanced views I found and agree with is with DalSingh101 from SAS forum, here's a quote of his posts, really well said:

I would say the Singh Sabha movement was heavily influenced by the Protestant Christian style education that key people involved had (i.e. Bhai Vir Singh).

I think they tried to interpret Sikhi in light of the western, rational and so-called "enlightened" ideas they had come across. But they also tried to be true to the spirit of Sikhi, at least at how they understood gurmat. The trend is to move away from a Hindu cosmology to a more western one.

They also made a decision to generally follow the new British establishment although later they would challenge them (like they did to get control of the Gurdwaras from mahants). No challenge involved a direct threat to British rule. Politics was well within the sphere of what actions Singh Sabias took and their understanding of the democratic process influenced them. However I don't think it would be accurate to simply portray them as a British creation. For example Thakar Singh Sandhawalia, Maharajah Daleep Singh's cousin was a founder and he is the one actually responsible for reconverting Daleep to Sikhism and informing him of his lost heritage. He tried to get the Maharajah to come back to Panjab and claim his rightful inheritence. The truth is quite complex in my opinion. The breakthroughs made by whitey couldn't have been lost on our forefathers and some of them may have understood that we must master such things in order to operate in the new world around them. M. Ranjit SIngh was the first to recognise this in terms of military tactics and hardware. But it cannot be denied that some of them may well have crossed over the line into sycophancy. What happened was that a paradigm shift occured with the introduction of western ideas. Some of the Singh Sabha intellectuals were at the forefront of trying to negotiate this sudden change. The clearest example I can give is how after and during this period miracles in the biographical accounts of the Gurus become more and more muted. I personally feel that a lot of good work was done by the Singh Sabhias. Some editing of puratan manuscripts may have been a bit zealous, but even this I can understand.

The Namdhari suggestion that dasmesh pita lived till 149 giving secret support is one most Sikhs would find ridiculous.

u wanna kno another english/gorah thing that is a part of our panjabi culture, which wasnt there b4 the goreh invaded, is chaa/tea! when u go 2 some 1's house back in the day, ppl wud say, "dudh/paani/lassi peeyo gai ji"? now its "chaa/paani". As a person who CANNOT stand tea/chaa, i sadly believe we wont b able 2 get rid of it tho, no wonder r ppl r gettin more n more overweight. Lassi/dudh was wat made panjabi sons of mothers/mai da laal's the strongest all over the sub-continent, jus look at pehlwans/wrestlers. I believ Sant Bhindrawale never drank tea either, good man!

u wanna kno another english/gorah thing that is a part of our panjabi culture, which wasnt there b4 the goreh invaded, is chaa/tea! when u go 2 some 1's house back in the day, ppl wud say, "dudh/paani/lassi peeyo gai ji"? now its "chaa/paani". As a person who CANNOT stand tea/chaa, i sadly believe we wont b able 2 get rid of it tho, no wonder r ppl r gettin more n more overweight. Lassi/dudh was wat made panjabi sons of mothers/mai da laal's the strongest all over the sub-continent, jus look at pehlwans/wrestlers. I believ Sant Bhindrawale never drank tea either, good man!

Diet is a part of it, but during the olden times the average Sikh did everything with his hands, joined the armed forces or had an exercise routine (dand baikhak etc). So Sikhs were strong. In today's times, Sikhs need to start joining gyms, martial arts clubs or have an exercise routine, anything which will make your body tough. Today most Sikhs are either overweight or skinny. We hardly get to see a Sikh with an athletic look. In India, our wrestlers and other athletes were the best, now our neighboring state is producing better athletes. Our physical condition has really gone down the last 1 and half decade.

In India drugs is the big problem in the west our junk food diet is the problem.

Diet is a part of it, but during the olden times the average Sikh did everything with his hands, joined the armed forces or had an exercise routine (dand baikhak etc). So Sikhs were strong. In today's times, Sikhs need to start joining gyms, martial arts clubs or have an exercise routine, anything which will make your body tough. Today most Sikhs are either overweight or skinny. We hardly get to see a Sikh with an athletic look. In India, our wrestlers and other athletes were the best, now our neighboring state is producing better athletes. Our physical condition has really gone down the last 1 and half decade.

In India drugs is the big problem in the west our junk food diet is the problem.

yup also thats y i dont buy into this tatti that i hear bowt how apna khaana (our panjabi food) is unhealthy, or "errr look at all that ghee or butter" etc rubbish, or our khaana cause ilnesses n diabetes n obesity blah blah. well thats funny, coz we r eating the same paneer, cholay, daal, buttered rotis, overly buttered parotays etc. that our warrior ancestors were eating. these westerners can kiss r backsides. Wat do these so-called experts/doctors think our shaheeds n soldiers, pehlwans/wrestlers, hockey players, kabaddi and bodybuilders etc used 2 eat back in the day? Its coz like u sed Jonny paaji, ppl used 2 do things with their hands back in the day, instead of sittin n watchin tv all day, play PS/X-Box's ppl wud play sports, walk 2 shops instead of gettin into cars, and of course the heat usually helps too, u sweat things off. makhan/butter is incredibly gud 4 ur bones.

there was a test done durin the british rule of hindustan. They took certain amount of mice n fed them diffrnt types of regional food. Im not sure of every type of region that was tested, but i can remember the 1's mentioned were, pathan, panjabi, UP (mughali cuisine), bangali, gujarati food (YUKKK!), south indian etc. Each mice was allocated a region food, and over a certain period of time (maybe 3-6 months), the mice were then tested 2 which was the strongest, and guess wat......? The Panjabi Mouse was the strongest.

I cudnt careless bowt this crap that has been fed 2 us of how r food is unhealthy etc. its not the food thats unhealthy, its the lazy banda/person

also check this article, showing children weight/height of all ethnics in the uk, NO SUPRISE 2 c, who r the tallest of em all, u c it pays 2 come from a warrior race, religion and eat makhan infested food.

http://ukpmc.ac.uk/articles/PMC1029972/?page=1

I remember reading about that mice experiment. Our food isn't bad. But unfortunately our lifestyle is much less active. We are a warrior people. Now our people are way too unfit. They no longer look formidable. In India I feel it is really unfortunately that we are a border state next to Pakistan where so much drugs are coming through. Drugs is like the 6th river of Punjab. Barely any young man in Punjab now want to become an athlete, they are all mostly into drugs, and ruining the best part of their youth. You will find Amlees in every Pind of Punjab. Really depressing situation for us right now. Just look at the average middle aged Punjabi men. They are all unfit, overweight with fat tids.

• 2 weeks later...

these people have never once fought for Sikhi in the last 100 years but still they can't do without bhang + alcohol degh mixture nowadays

funny the bani you read today and the community you claim to belong to today would not exist if it wasnt for nihang singhs and their traditions they practise...most their gurdwaras and with it revenue was taking away from them when SGPC came in....they are impoversihed ..the glory days was when nihang singhs controlled sri akaal bunga...they wouldnt take the rubbish from badal and his cronies if they were still in charge...but aslong as the mainstream sikh community ignores and reject them..theres not much you can expect them to do if they are ridiculed and mocked by some neo-sikhs

and alcohol should never be consumed...anyone who says otherwise is a nang ....tradtionally there were many forms of degh...shaheedi degh was the most potent taking for battle/warfare reasons as you all know...the other form is sarbatti degh which is taken daily....that was taken for other reasons...etc aid digestion...help concentration as nihangs sleep and eat little..also as they live hard tough chakarvarti lifestyle..it aids them in that lifestyle....no one should be consuming potent shaheedi degh unless they are preparing for jung...the problem is not about authenticity of that tradition..the problem is about abuse

funny the bani you read today and the community you claim to belong to today would not exist if it wasnt for nihang singhs and their traditions they practise...most their gurdwaras and with it revenue was taking away from them when SGPC came in....they are impoversihed ..the glory days was when nihang singhs controlled sri akaal bunga...they wouldnt take the rubbish from badal and his cronies if they were still in charge...but aslong as the mainstream sikh community ignores and reject them..theres not much you can expect them to do if they are ridiculed and mocked by some neo-sikhs

and alcohol should never be consumed...anyone who says otherwise is a nang ....tradtionally there were many forms of degh...shaheedi degh was the most potent taking for battle/warfare reasons as you all know...the other form is sarbatti degh which is taken daily....that was taken for other reasons...etc aid digestion...help concentration as nihangs sleep and eat little..also as they live hard tough chakarvarti lifestyle..it aids them in that lifestyle....no one should be consuming potent shaheedi degh unless they are preparing for jung...the problem is not about authenticity of that tradition..the problem is about abuse

You can give it whatever name you want and justify it however you feel will settle that itch but consumption of DRUGS including cannabis is forbidden, PERIOD! I've never heard of any soldiers in any other country using the consumption of drugs as a remedy or as an aid for sleep or to help them concentrate on Akaal maharaj! Oh except for the jah Shaka at Tudor rose crew (you know exactly who you are!!)