Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji (Sri Nagar Wale) In Uk 30Th July - 12Th Aug

KIRTANSEVAUK

thank you pehlvan ji, Kirtanis can only participate in the Gurmat Sangeet Sammellan if they do the kirtan in the proper raags. That is the way we should start to do things in the UK,

I have talked to a few raagi's personally and even the ones who have professinally learnt raags say that the reason they do not do kirtan in raags is because sangat does not want to listen to raag kirtan anymore. I'm not sure how true/valid that is but this is what I have been hearing.

i have heard this sorry story before. but the point is if you dont talk about raags and their importance in kirtan, then you already lost a battle. Also some kirtanis say it just to take the easy option as well.

Bhai Harjinder Singh ji has influenced MANY people to listen to Kirtan and become proper Sikhs. That isn't a general comment, it's something that's very personal for me. Raags or no raags, the Keertan these Keertanis sing ignite the soul and spirituality within. Show some respect rather than criticize. We should be encouraging people to recite Gurbani however they can. As long as they aren't disrespecting Bani, then I don't see nothing wrong with non-raag sung keertan. And besides, Bhai Harjinder Singh ji knows more raags than even those that are in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. It is his choice if he wishes to sing in raags or not though. No kal da jamiyaa Chatanga or anyone else can stop them nor will we let them.

can you do me a favour, and ask Harjinder to start doing kirtan in their proper raags and to help restore Raag vidiya to the Sikhs.

If he can tell him, Guru Ji will give his grace to him,If he cant tell him, this will be his last tour of the UK that you organise.

Harjinder?? is that how you address a kirtania of the Gurus Darbar? ....... Bhai Hajinder Singh Jee, He already has Guru jis grace. he lives a very Gurmukh life and are an example of a Gursikh, they are also well versed in Raag. You talk about Raag vidiya? first focus on your jeevan, then when you actually learn something talk about raag vidiya. I hope you will realise that you will never ever be able to stop Kirtania from doing Kirtan in Guru Jis Darbar. Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji is the one who is in control, always has been and always will be not you. The countless number of people who connect to Guruji across the world , all those who have took amrit listening to bhai harjinder singh doing Kirtan, all those who have been inspired to walk on Gurus path and here you go giving threats ?

And having said that, no one can ever eliminate Raag either. Gurbani is in Raag, it will always be part of us, and will always be practiced. Kirtania will sing what the sangat requests, so lets educate the sikhs about Raag first. Lets request the jatha to start bringing back kirtan in Raag , its a guarantee that they will not refuse this request...