West Is West - Film

dalsingh101

Anyone seen that movie 'West is west'?

Saw it the other day, thought it was pretty good. It was almost a 'Panjabi film'.

Sort of proves that popular films CAN be made using the Panjabi language, if done thoughtfully.

I think the middling reviews were probably from white viewers. If you're Panjabi, you'd pick up on a whole lot of stuff in the movie that whites wouldn't.

Anyone seen that movie 'West is west'?

Saw it the other day, thought it was pretty good. It was almost a 'Panjabi film'.

Sort of proves that popular films CAN be made using the Panjabi language, if done thoughtfully.

WJKK WJKF

hey bro, ive seen the film few months back, wen i downloaded it online, and thought it was pretty decent. As u kno it is the 2nd film 2 the original MASTERPIECE of "east is east". I thought west is west was wicked, coz of the fact that it is a panjabi pakistani family, and they actually spoke panjabi, as oppose 2 crappy urdu, which i thort they wudda spoke, so they cud include hindi/urdu speakers/film goers into the film.

Om Puri, who is of course a legend in panjabi cinema, who i ALWAYS love watching, was tremendous in his butcherous role as jahangir/george,and suprisingly, Ila arun, spoke impeccable panjabi in their too, despite not actually being one. The panjabi spoken in the film was from wat i could work out was "mahji panjabi", which i wish i could speak, as oppose 2 "doaba panjabi".

Jus incase ppl dont kno, the movie itself was shot in panjab, but sadly not in pakistan, but East panjab (i belive near patiala), for watever reasons, but some of the scenery of panjab in the movie was nice. Also the scenes showing muslims areas (dargah/masjids etc) was shot in hyderabad, Andhra pradesh.

Bro Who says Panjabi Language cant be articulate or decent in a movie? look at modern Movies with Panjabi in it, films like "Khamosh Pani", "Ae Fond Kiss", "Shaheed Udham Singh" and "Heer Ranjha (Harbhajan Maan Version)".

Hindi/Urdu walas always try 2 downgrade/discourage panjabi, but panjabi is the best language for poetry, jokes, complimenting one another, writing songs in, best slang, best posh language too, oh and for swearing @ some1s mum aswel.