Wedding and akhand Paath Cards

Sharan_Kaur

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ranting on a forum will not achieve anything.

Write a letter outlining your concerns in a civil manner and send this letter to the Jathedhar of all the Thakats.

Then write another letter and send it to the UK Sikh Council and other organisations.

The Onus is on you to be proactive with this. If you cannot afford the cost of the paper, envelope and stamps, then write the letter, not in a childish manner of course and I shall put my money where my mouth is. In other words, I will pay.

You can PM me for my email address if you are serious about this and not just having a rant and wishing somebody else will take responsibility.

YOU need to take responsibility, do not expect others will, as others may not share the passion you have.

• 1 month later...

Ok, this has been really annoying me for a while now.

It has been going on for quite while and yet as far as i am aware no one has batted an eyelid. Not just non Amritdharis are guilty of this but so are countless of Amritdharis and Gursikhs.

So far this year I have received 6 wedding and Akhand Paath cards and in each and every one of them there is a tuk from bani! Two of these cards I have received from Amritdhari families. I think putting bani in these cards is extremely disrespectful! The cards if posted get thrown all over the place and are held by someone who may have just had a bacon sandwich or cigarette a few mins ago. If they are hand delivered then most are left all over the place. And once the wedding/ Akhand Paath passes how many get thrown straight into the bin?

We wouldn't treat an ang from Guru Granth Sahib Ji or from the gutka in this manner so why is it acceptable for a card that contains a line of bani. In fact what is the need to contain bani in the card in the first place? Stick what ever else you want on there but LEAVE THE BANI OUT!!!!

Cigareete I understand, bacon sandwich I don't. Not going to find the raags/mehils but vege =/ warriors.

I agree bani should not be printed on wedding akhand patt cards. But with that being said, I see nothing wrong with just simply posting english translations of bani. We must strike a right balance between upholding the respect for gurbani at the same time, spreading message of gurbani to masses.

you sound very upset and i must say angry, maybe you should look at the real source of your feeling and not project them onto the cards. true bani always remains in ones heart and can never be removed,

Cards, paper and ink are all perishable and material items and are part of mothers earth recycling process, they will eventually wither out anyway.

Maybe you are over-attatched to learning the bani through your mind and need to learn that bani lives in your heart and you will understand it through your daily experiences based on love and relationships with family and friends.

body is just as spiritual as the soul , in fact it is a vehicle of expression for the soul , an unloved body is useless for the soul to carry out its mission .

just like your car , you look after it dont you? because it transports you , just like your body transports your soul. what is of concern is ... over attachment to your body !

body is just as spiritual as the soul , in fact it is a vehicle of expression for the soul , an unloved body is useless for the soul to carry out its mission .

just like your car , you look after it dont you? because it transports you , just like your body transports your soul. what is of concern is ... over attachment to your body !

re-read your first post and then re-read what I wrote to you.

yes i understand what you are saying and understand that you feel i am probably contradicting myself!

What i am trying to get across is that one should be careful of over-attachment and over-identifying with the body (as well as mind and emotions).

A souls consciousness needs to stay in connection with the body for health and vitality and in order for the soul to fulfill the soul contract (ie what you came to earth to do as well as the karma you need to transmute)

The problem arises when people either abuse their bodies - ie drugs , drink unhealthy eating

or they completely reject their bodies and start living in their mind - in that case the consciousness lives in the mind, then the body doesnt get the necessary prana or chi (whatever you want to call) it and that leads to health problems.

It can be complicated for the mind to understand this , thats why sometimes it can be better to experience it.

I understand what you are saying about your body being useless and only dust, and you are right in a way the body will die.... but while you have it, you do bear some responsibility towards it because your divine consciousness created it as part of its mission.

I hope i have not confused you or offended you, i only serve to attempt enlighten people, some receive it graciously , some do not,i respect your free will,

wjkk wjkf