Questions Before I Take Amrit

Guest -Kaur-

http://www.sikhsanga...obind-singh-ji/

and keski is a rehet, not a kakaar.

the word keski in bhai chaupa singh rehetnama is kes ki. not as one word.

kes is the kakaar. dastaar is rehet. and as far as i know and believe, optional for women.

If you believe it's optional for women, it's optional for men too.

Personally I believe keski is the kakkar so I think its mandatory for both genders but each to their own.

Dastar arguments aside, if you are thinking about laser hair removal and have a boyfriend prior to Amrit, then I'm not sure you are ready for Amrit. Amrit takes time, preparation, and complete submission to Guru Sahibs hukam. So many people come out of Amrit sanchars saying they didnt feel anything or have a spiritual experience, and when reading topics like this it is no wonder.

I would suggest waiting longer and preparing properly. Amrit isn't a joke and once you take it there is no going back. there needs to be 100% commitment

all im sayng is that at the time of our gurus, women were not forced to wear dastaars. none of the sikh guru'z wife were told do do so either.

it is optional for women. not men. its not reely my opinion. its just how our history is.

imuch like dastar on women. its more suited i think.

all im sayng is that at the time of our gurus, women were not forced to wear dastaars. none of the sikh guru'z wife were told do do so either.

it is optional for women. not men. its not reely my opinion. its just how our history is.

I'm sorry I never knew you existed in that period of time.

How can wearing a dastar be optional for women, not men? That would mean a dastar has no significance whatsoever.

Anyway, this is what I believe so I'm not going to say any more to this.

i didnt exist at that period of time.. im not disputing the dastaar, just.. its mandetory-ness.

women weere not forced to wear it. men oredy wore turbans. our gurus gave amrit to all alike, hen eternalised by guru gobind singh plus specific rehet.

my last word is that its optional..

Guest -Kaur-

I feel sorry for assking this. So i talked to panj piyare today and i would like to address some of your concerns. To the person who said i am not ready to take amrit because i asked some of these questions. These are questions that cross any teenage girls mind, without a doubt. I also made clear that i dont have a boyfriend. Just someone who has mutual feelings for me as I do for him and we plan on marriage we are just too young. I also know through anything the guru will carry me. Amrit is not something you prepare for. when you feel it in your heart, you know its right. Taking amrit is not about being perfect before doing so, its realizing its a lifelong commitment. Being a sikh means being a learner, you learn as you go. How can you know what amrit really is before you take it. Each has their own experience. Laser hair removal being a woman, on your face, is a natural concern, I never once said i was going to do it. I simply asked because i know alot of amritdhari women do this. The guru can forgive ANYTHING. thats the power of him. Amrit is gurus nectar, it erases your past and gives you a new future. No one can tell me i am not ready. Wherever the guru takes me is where i am supposed to go.

regarding the turban debate. Both men and woman need to have thier head covered at all time weather it is a ramal, patka or turban. Tieing an actual dastar comes with time. Its part of a sikhs identity. ALL sikhs, amritdhari or not are supposed to have thier hair tied ontop of thier head in a jura and wear a dastar. Not all do so. As an amritdhari it is supposed to be tied and covered. That is all that is asked.

Its more about whats within you than what you look like. You naturally stop caring about material things and want to do things such as tieing dastar overtime. The more naam you jap that more simran you do, that more nitnem you do. The stronger your relationship to the guru the more your outside begins to match your insides. As a sikh you guys are all debating about useless things. Everyone is at thier own level, you should be supporting one another for whatever stage they are at, and helping them as needed. no need to argue about things that are different to each person. ITs about whats in your heart. Even some rehat, is old depening on the timeframe. not everything stays the same, but amrit is pure, it makes you pure and it shows you the light and is the first step on a whole new path of learning. I thought i needed a forum to answer my questions i was afraid to ask anyone else. But i realized its not. amrit is a commitment to the guru. Thats all it is. Everything else just comes if your pure inside.

bhull chuk maf karna.

god bless

Guest desijatt

hii

although i m a sikh but i dont know enough about amrit ,i just got to know about it in past 2 months due to my fiance who took amrit 2 months back ,so i will try to answer your question with my knowledge and little bit of her views on this topic

1.i would not recommend you to remove your hairs , i know its difficult to stay like this in todays time and mucha and dhari lol ,cant say how she gonna look with mucha ,but why r u afraid of it ,r u doing this to become daughter of mata sahib and pita guru gobind singh ji or to show the world ,dont fell for world .

2.wearing dastar all the time is upto you ,do what your heart says here

3.you should not look for gf /bf relationship thing ,but if you guys are really serious then best thing is to tell your parents ,or you will feel guilty ,90% of relations end up in kaam things and after that only guilt is left ,if he really loves you and you guys are that serious about your relation ,then the best thing to do is get your family involved in this relation ,and beware because not all but most of the people today just look for kaam relations ,this age is to enjoy with your sakhis and family and you have rest of your life to live with your husband ,so keep your mind away from relationships and enjoy the beauty of life with your family and friends

,no matter how sure u r that this is ur future husband ,dont do anything foolish ,not even a hug thing ,kiss thing ,do it only after marriage with ur husband

4.ermmm i dont knw what to say but dont wear any make up ,be beautiful from inside and from whom r u trying to hide your face issues,

5. yeah no earring and polish thing

be simple and happy life is not all about relationships , i know it is diffcult to leave alone and it is reaallly diffcult to follow rules of amrit but believe this are worth it and i m too going to take amrit within a year and just 2 months back i used to eat chicken nearly on daily basis but i left it just for my fiance because i trly care for her , i now dont trim my daadi and i feel quite irritated with my facial hairs but hey who said life is easy ,i feel amritdharis looks far more beautiful than others ,they have some brightness on their face and i too want to feel all this goodness soon ,and to be true i just to self pleasure alot before but now i never touch my body for such habbit ,it gets difficult sometimes but its my negativity who stops me from doing good things and overall i just want to say please do anything which you are afraid to tell to your parents and GOD .....

wgjkk wgjkf

Guest JgSingh

1. Laser is fine.

2. Most of the time yes (no need for dastaar if you do not wish to)

3. You should wait for intimate relationships til after marriage. But of course you can be friends with him...

4. Yes you can wear it

5. Yes you can wear jewellery etc.

Khalsa is about moving closer to Waheguroo.

Its about *starting* your journey, so a time progresses, the above will become irrelvant, and you will be strong enough to not bother with the above i.e you may wish to stop wearing makeup/jewellery etc...

Don't think you must be perfect before you take Amrit...very few are