Questions Before I Take Amrit

Guest -Kaur-

Guest -kaur-

I also agree you are not allowed to remove hair, It is written and explained very clearly. But hte debate shouldnt be aboue that, it is about the persons honestly and who they are and their love for the guru, because eventually if you truely love the guru you follow what he says your thoughts wouldnt even go there. So the more you love the guru the less of that you will want and the less of that you will actually do.

I agree fully which is wwhy i dont do that

the only reason was for asking was the controversy over the issue when it comes to womans facial hair.

• 1 month later...

i didnt exist at that period of time.. im not disputing the dastaar, just.. its mandetory-ness.

women weere not forced to wear it. men oredy wore turbans. our gurus gave amrit to all alike, hen eternalised by guru gobind singh plus specific rehet.

my last word is that its optional..

Men or women were not "forced" to wear the dastar. Get the wording right.

2ndly, Baba Takur Singh ji Patiala wale, sangi Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawale, gives an account of when Sant Jarnail Singh ji described Mata Sahib Kaur ji after having Mata jis darshan, as 6ft tall, yellow cholla and DUMALLA!! Yes Dumalla.

Kes are to be kept by all those who join the Khalsa. The kes are to be covered by a Dastar.

When men and women have the same Khande Bata da Amrit, why should their rehats be any different when it comes to covering your kes??

Men or women were not "forced" to wear the dastar. Get the wording right.

2ndly, Baba Takur Singh ji Patiala wale, sangi Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawale, gives an account of when Sant Jarnail Singh ji described Mata Sahib Kaur ji after having Mata jis darshan, as 6ft tall, yellow cholla and DUMALLA!! Yes Dumalla.

Kes are to be kept by all those who join the Khalsa. The kes are to be covered by a Dastar.

When men and women have the same Khande Bata da Amrit, why should their rehats be any different when it comes to covering your kes??

how u mean get wording right? uv just said the same thing i sed. that "Men or women were not "forced" to wear the dastar.".. this is exactly what i sed. : / get ur mind right :p

men oredy wor dastaar. women didnt. this is basic fact.

in the absence of men, women took the duties of men. e.g. to this day, in the field, doing the field work, women tie dastaars and go and work in the khet. same difference with the war times. i am not disputing (as u seem to suggest) whether mata sahib kaur ever wore a dhamalla in her lifetime. obv she did. but just cuz she wore dhamalla then, dont mean that all women got to wear dastar since that moment in time.

how u mean get wording right? uv just said the same thing i sed. that "Men or women were not "forced" to wear the dastar.".. this is exactly what i sed. : / get ur mind right :p

men oredy wor dastaar. women didnt. this is basic fact.

in the absence of men, women took the duties of men. e.g. to this day, in the field, doing the field work, women tie dastaars and go and work in the khet. same difference with the war times. i am not disputing (as u seem to suggest) whether mata sahib kaur ever wore a dhamalla in her lifetime. obv she did. but just cuz she wore dhamalla then, dont mean that all women got to wear dastar since that moment in time.

My minds quite alright thanks.

Your post, 'women were not forced to wear dastar, men already did' or to that effect, implicates that one or the other was forced to don the dastar, not given an option. Hence suggesting, 'get your wording right'.

Ok i accept your "basic" fact, men wore dastars prior to Sikhi, women did not.

However, ive yet to see a woman wearing a dastar for the purpose of kheti. And how does this relate to women wearing dastars for the purpose of war? As you suggest.

Why wear a dastar just because your going into war? This wasnt and isnt the function or purpose of the dastar so why would women have done this just when going into war?

I did not suggest you dispute whether Mata Sahib Kaur ji wore a dastar or not, but gave you one such example of how women did wear dastars, which you disputed. And nor does the example suggest that this is the basis on which every woman must wear a dastar. Lol you jump from one baseless conclusion to the next. Whats your game?!

My minds quite alright thanks.

Your post, 'women were not forced to wear dastar, men already did' or to that effect, implicates that one or the other was forced to don the dastar, not given an option. Hence suggesting, 'get your wording right'.

Ok i accept your "basic" fact, men wore dastars prior to Sikhi, women did not.

However, ive yet to see a woman wearing a dastar for the purpose of kheti. And how does this relate to women wearing dastars for the purpose of war? As you suggest.

Why wear a dastar just because your going into war? This wasnt and isnt the function or purpose of the dastar so why would women have done this just when going into war?

I did not suggest you dispute whether Mata Sahib Kaur ji wore a dastar or not, but gave you one such example of how women did wear dastars, which you disputed. And nor does the example suggest that this is the basis on which every woman must wear a dastar. Lol you jump from one baseless conclusion to the next. Whats your game?!

how do i imply that one or the other were forced? i say, that women didnt wear dastar before sikhi. "women took the option to wear the dastaar. IS the implication". not what u think the inference is.

Just because u dont see the dastaar kheti thing, doesnt mean it didnt exist. as far as i know, thats the main way women wore dastaar in the onden days (50 years ago at least).

kheti dastaar relates to the wearing of a dastaar in war. doing "work" in war is the same as doing work in khet (in numerous respects). hence metaphorical 'combing' of the battlefield aka khet [in gurbani], with a khag. dastar has lotsa functions. women who decide to wear dastaar, are obviously entitled, and do so. hence to say it a 'must', is fallacious in nature

i did not dispute mata sahib kaur wearing a dastaar or not. just disputed the way u created a logical phallacy [strawmans]. u cant say, human =4 limbs; monkey = 4 lmbs,; therefore human = monkey which, what you say, equates to. so if u get what i said before, i am not jumping from one conclusion to another, just saying that u cannot say what u suggest in your reply containing your mata sahib kaur example.

i dispute women 'must' wear dastar, which you said. i have no thing or entity aginst dastaar. i, tbh, encourage people to stick with dastar. just dont force them..

hopefully, we can move onward from this convo now?

and start a new one! :D

i personaly believe that women who decide to wear dastar, find a sense of security in it.

do u agree?? .

i see that this sense of security can be good, but bad also.

bad in that they think sikhi will come from somwhere other than where it does. which is the heart. (which thus gives rise to kes {somthing that guru gobind singh G themself said all other kakaar are jumalla without kesh})

hope to her from u.

1. bhenji..waheguruuuuuuuuuu....Without hair, a sikh is not a sikh. Bhai Taru singhji gave up their life just to save their kesh...You tell me is it okay to do laser treatment...In Guru Granth sahib ji it says "Rom Rom Ravia har naam" - "The lord's Name permeates each and every hair of mine" Guru ji said that...do you think Guruji will be happy to see you doing laser treatment. Hair is natural..keep cutting it, it grows back, doesn't it mean its suppose to be there, when its keeps coming back. Read this Bhenji http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2208772/Sikh-student-defends-facial-hair-photo-goes-viral.html?ito=feeds-newsxml Waheguru! that singhni explains beautifully how hair is so important to her, she did not care about others what they thought about her..she is just in love with waheguru!!! After reading that...do you think laser treatment is okay?

2. Dastar is important, it shows we singhni are equal to singhs. it shows how our dharam is so equal. Guruji gave us that identity..if we don't wear dastar, how will others know that you are the beautiful daughter of Guru Gobind Singhji? covering your head is also part of yor rehit bhenji.

4. Bhenji see the doctors, if they can do anything about that..make up does not suit singhnis. Can you imagine our mother Mata Sahib Kaurji wearing make up..waheguru! waheguru! Never. If our mother won't wear it, of course we won't..

Bhenji Please forgive me if I have said anything wrong, forgive your younger sister! Also bhenji good luck! Waheguru is always with you!

• 1 year later...

Sorry bhenji this may sound harsh but not my intention

Kesh is your shiromani ang.

The reason we don't remove it is because its literally removing a part of your body. You wouldn't chop off your arm would you?

When you remove even a strand what happens?Well it DEFIANTLY grows back thicker and darker. If you are getting ready to take Amrit please erase the notion of laser and hair being ugly.

The reason we wear make up and cut our hair is we want to look pretty for someone but what good is looking pretty?

The problem is we don't understand that sikhi is a path of falling involve with akaal purakh.

When people have boyfriends, they want to bring them up all the time. My boy "bababbapaljeet singh" is so blabla" because people 24/7 they are on our mind. For a gursikh that boyfriend is Waheguru. You wanna say Waheguru all the time because their you're so in love. Thats what simran is.

People call their bf at night and say goodnight, i love you boo blabla. Gursikhs do the same; they do their kirtan sohela.

Waheguru is your husband, you want to look beautiful for him. So who cares about what people think is pretty.

Focus on making waheguru the most important thing in your life. If you want make that your goal then take amrit.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...