How Can I Stop My Husband From Eating Meat?

So i knew that my husband eats meat before I got married to him but i did not really care at the time. I just assumed that it was out in restaurants. So after i got married to him and i was staying in india they were going to have a small party at home and decided to make meat at home. Me and my mother in law are the only ones that dont eat it. It was very hard for me to see that because i have never really been that close in proximity of meat eating individuals both male and female. I was very umcomfortable and they were insisting i try it. I was determined and refused and went into my room. So here we are two years later living on our own and he started making at home. We are living in an apartment and the kitchen is pretty tiny. He makes it in the dishes that I make sabzi in. I cannot bear seeing that so i grab my car and leave to cool off.

I've reasoned with hom so many times not to make it at home and to give up eating it but he refuses to listen to me. My question to you Sangat Ji is: is there a way I can make him stop? What can I do? Has anyone been in a similar situation(not necesarily husband wife relationship) and was able to help that person stray away from meat?

My family Baba Deep Singh Ji nu manday a and therefore having meat in a or around us on Wednesday and Sundays is a big No No but these couple times he has made it has been on Wednesdays and thats the other reason it makes me mad.

Is this a minor or major issue in your eyes? I feel like im going crazy. But he thinks im making a big issue out of nothing.

To adm:i know we are not allowed to talk about meat but i really need opinions and suggestions because this forum had become like a second home where i am able to adk questions related to Sikhi which take place around me. Thanks

He won't stop unless he feels the urge to do it himself. If you believe in Baba Deep Singh as you said then make an ardaas and request Baba Ji pay him a visit, lol. Watch how quickly the meat will go flying into the bin.

But seriously you could try to win him over with affection instead of storming off? Convince him with words instead of showing him how upset you are.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not judging those who eat meat. It's entirely an individual's choice whether they consume it or not. I know some Sikhs get a bit tetchy whenever someone says meat is off-limits.

He won't stop unless he feels the urge to do it himself. If you believe in Baba Deep Singh as you said then make an ardaas and request Baba Ji pay him a visit, lol. Watch how quickly the meat will go flying into the bin.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not judging those who eat meat. It's entirely an individual's choice whether they consume it or not.

Haha funny about make baba ji to come to him. You know my buwa ji is a heavy believer in Baba ji and when someone does something bad to her or really really make her mad Baba ji comes inside of her. Its kind of scary. She loses all control. One time i was telling her about the way he and his mum were treating me and the next mInute i hear really heavy breathing and a masculine voice. I dropped the phone and wad shaking so bad. That was the scariest thing. I just feel like Guru ji isnt on my side. Ive prayed so much for him to stop but no results yet.

My family Baba Deep Singh Ji nu manday a and therefore having meat in a or around us on Wednesday and Sundays is a big No No but these couple times he has made it has been on Wednesdays and thats the other reason it makes me mad.

Can you please explain this? Why Wednesday's only? Doesn't really sound in line with Gurmat.

Haha funny about make baba ji to come to him. You know my buwa ji is a heavy believer in Baba ji and when someone does something bad to her or really really make her mad Baba ji comes inside of her. Its kind of scary. She loses all control. One time i was telling her about the way he and his mum were treating me and the next mInute i hear really heavy breathing and a masculine voice. I dropped the phone and wad shaking so bad. That was the scariest thing. I just feel like Guru ji isnt on my side. Ive prayed so much for him to stop but no results yet.

Some people also do this as a way of scaring others. My father use to know a Singh who did this to get his own way and scare his (the Singh's) family into doing what he said. It was pathetic but he kept on getting away with it. He did it for years. But the Singh soon stopped when he got tossed out of bed one night and crashed into a wall face first. :biggrin2: He was taking it too far because he was starting to do weird stuff in the Gurughar when sangat was assembled.

Although in your case it might be true so I'm not hating or anything like that. Just be careful that's all. We shouldn't make a mockery of these things. Unfortunately some Sikhs like to take advantage of trusting individuals and prey on their gullibility or ignorance.

Can you please explain this? Why Wednesday's only? Doesn't really sound in line with Gurmat.

Well its everyday but as I an told wednesday and Sunday are like Shaheeda da din(Baba Deep Singh ji da). Ive always have heard this my entire life so thats what i go by. When i was lil and in India some of my uncles used to drink and eat meat but not on wednesday or sunday because of Baba Deep Singh ji. I hope im correct on this

Some people also do this as a way of scaring others. My father use to know a Singh who did this to get his own way and scare his (the Singh's) family into doing what he said. It was pathetic but he kept on getting away with it. He did it for years. But he soon stopped when the sly Singh got tossed out of his bed one night by his leg and crashed into a wall face first. :biggrin2:

Although in your case it might be true so I'm not hating or anything like that. Just be careful that's all. We shouldn't make a mockery of these things. Unfortunately some Sikhs like to take advantage of trusting individuals.

Well as far as my buwa jis case its true. Most everyone that knows her know this. They call it Shaheeda da pahera lagna. My mum and others have seen it with their own eyes and its so strong that for couple hours shes not able to get up from bed. Its interesting in a way and scary.

Show him a video of how meat got to his plate. They say many people like to eat meat, but would stop if they paid one visit to the slaughter house. The way animals are killed can move the toughest of men to tears. I have a relative who stopped eating meat when he saw a youtube video of an animals being slaughtered.