Amritvela And Ardas

During Amritvela i have been concentrating reading paath off my itouch. I always tend to lost concentration and start to think about other things even if i listen to naam simran or kirtan before i start it.

Secondly i wanted to know during Ardas, what do we ask for? Should we be asking for things? or should we just be telling Waheguru we will be embracing our destiny which he has written out for us?

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks.

I am sorry singh but i have to be blunt because its a common problem, its not you but common mindset- Instead of doing panj banis as dogmatic ritual for eg (typical mullah doing panj namaza as a ritual fully condemned in guru ghar) may be we should step back and do panj banis while doing vichar on their arths, or attune our intitution to arths of panj banis- japji sahib, jaap sahib, svaiye, chaupai sahib, anand sahib..!!

If situation does not allow much time- may be spent all your amritvela listening to arth of japji sahib and go deep into it and then listen to all the other banis with ipod...after a while do the samething with other nitneem banis.

Not a fan of reading Gurbani on electronic devices. Fine if you absolutely have no choice, but I love the feel of the gutka in my hands, turning the pages, etc. It makes a lot of difference for me. Electronically I somehow feel disconnected to what I'm reading. Could be just me though.