Bad Dream

simran345

Woke up today after a bad dream or nightmare whatever you would call it.

I know we should not delve upon dreams too much, but this one got me worried, as normally such as this one means something, and something normally happens following on.

Anyways, i was driving a car and there were 3 passengers with me. Brother in law, grandmother who has passed away and a man, who i cant remember maybe an uncle. So its dark and i am driving, then press the clutch and its very loose. Then press the brake which is also loose, and the car Will not slow down. I see the traffic in front and think this is it. Keep trying th brake and take it too the side near th kerb trying to control to slow down. Its starts slowing itself as my foot is not on th accelerator. We survived. Looked under the car, and the brakes were hanging off and wires cut.

Grandmother was holding a box, think toolbox, not sure.

Now so worried of going in our car as it was in th dream.

But i am not driving again yet.

Remember somebody once said sometimes god shows us things in dreams and passes them in them.

What did mine mean?

Gurbani states - supneh sukh na hoyee , no happiness in dreams for a manmukh but for the gurmukh gurbani states he has pleasant dreams ( i cant remember the pangatee at this moment)......However a dream is noything but a dream its an illusion and false - the good side of having a nightmare/bad dream is that the dukh and fear the dream has brought upon you can be utilized to bring you closer to God.....so say i have a bad dream i feel really scared and shaken up so that makes me want to go to the Gurdwara and be close to Satguru, go and have the vision of Aad Gur Darbar Adi Granth, sit in the heavenly saad sangat and have the darshan of the Guru Khalsa.

Gurbani talks a lot about dreams.....99% of Sikhs have no knowledge of Gurbani beacuse they dont read, listen and do vechar of it....They can spend more time on their iphones and ipads but dont realise you need a lot of hard effort to understand Gurbani....you easily need to read all Gurbani about 100 times, ive done only about 3 or 4 and half of my life is already passed away

Dreams are past reflection of past lives or at times current reflection of current mindset which are in your sub consciousness..don't pay too much attention to them, just consider them as wave in the ocean, just like how one consider thoughts as waves in the ocean.!!

For enlightened being, awakened state is dream and dream state is dream state (illusion) and dreamless deep state is nirvakalap samadhi.

Here is one of the post i made by guru maharaj kirpa, all though not directly related to the topic but it may help to put things - dream into context:

Human being is looking wrong place for happiness. Hence, the suffering. Just like deer on a desert see mirage, think its water and keep looking for water in mirage and die out of thirst as it was looking in the wrong place to begin with.

This world way it appears it just illusion as sri guru tegh bahudar says in shalok mahalla nuavan. Our real self and essence is supreme soul but in illusion we think we are body which is made out of 5 elements, our mind is affected by kam, krodh, moh, lob, ahankar so we suffer. It's not just about purifying the mind either, its about going back to mind's root (mool) as Sri guru maharaj - Man tu jot saroop hai apna mool painchain- O mind, you real essence/root is jot saroop(atma-paratma God), recnognize yourself!!

Once our intitution/mind/surti is attached with supreme soul(atma-paratma) then there is no suffering. There is suffering to body but our intuitation/mind attached with the root- essence where it all began- Supreme Soul, there is no suffering in our own real self- atma-paratma. Only - sat chit anand..!!

Give her real time example in which she can relate to:

Human being have three states:

1. Jagrath Avasthas- This state is awakened state.

2. Suapoun Avastha- This state is dream state

3. Sukhopat Avastha- This state is deep sleep state, where there is no suffering or any pain, no knowledge just thoughtless deep sleep state- mind stays in the root. Hence, why after being awakened from deep sleep state, one says- i had very good sleep- deep sleep.

Englighten state without any suffering or pain is kind of like - thoughtless deep sleep state. However, major difference in englighten state that its thoughtless "Awareness" state and there is no risk of falling to normal state. Englighten being always stays in - thoughtless awareness state in deep meditation. Although englighten being while alive- have dual consciouness - one for worldy activity and other- thoughtless meditation. He/she is not attached with worldy activity, he is nirlaip(free) from illusion. His/her consciouness is advait(non dual). He/she consider everyone as god- sabh gobind hai sabh gobind hai. He expereince universal love fully advait(non duality- god is everywhere, god is in everyone including me) including this illusion world as supreme soul/god itself have created this play or matrix and people who realize its illusion or break the matrix able to see- world is just an thought just like wave(thought) coming out from the ocean for sometime it appears different or comes out but then it merges back in the ocean. World which it appears is just an wave in the ocean current, real essence of world is ocean as no matter how big wave is, it merges back in the ocean.

Human being have three states:

1. Jagrath Avasthas- This state is awakened state.

2. Suapoun Avastha- This state is dream state

3. Sukhopat Avastha- This state is deep sleep state, where there is no suffering or any pain, no knowledge just thoughtless deep sleep state- mind stays in the root. Hence, why after being awakened from deep sleep state, one says- i had very good sleep- deep sleep.

WHAT ABOUT TURIA AVASTHA - JAGARAT SUPAN SUKHOPAT TURIA, AATAM BOOPAT KE EH PURIA

Thanku ji for ur replies @PAL and N30Singh, its quite interesting reading about th different states, quite a lot to take in. But not read it properly yet.

Yeah i shouldnt worry about th dream, Im always getting weird ones. also had coca-cola before I slept that night. And i do get panic attacks in a car, for which i am going to get help for if th docs ever refer me.

thanx.

gurfateh sis dont worry at all, a dream is a dream, in reality a dream is what the inner emotions hidden within us are, inside we have alot of fear and paap, we are humans, under the blanket of vikaars, u need to trust God, the dream is your unconcious mind, the unconsious mind is our true self filled with sins, when we clean it we can see God but when we dont life is hell and we are dirty inside,so in order to stop such dreams u must fill your mind with goodness, the first step in lovingly meditate on God , thats the most important, start with five minutes a day, and do ardas so that ur thoughts become pure, just like when there is dirty water in a pot, and the pot is left under the rain, slowly new rain will fall and the dirty water will empty, in this way our minds are full of gand, gand we didnt know about, gandh from kam krodh lobh moh and hankar, even great yogis who spend there whole life in discipline, who have all ridhi sihis, even they cant clean their vikaars, our inside is only made clean by prema bhagti- loving God, so love God, meditate on him, love him,tell urself he is here, when u feel weak like gusa is about to come or ego remember these are enemies and they will cause nuksaan (loss) so stay away do ardas not een a need for a full standing ardas just in your mind pray to guru ji and ask guru ji to protect u from bad thoughts, keep ur sangat (enviornment) pure, listen to katha by great gurmukhs like audio books by maskeen ji and by bhai vir singh ji also youtube one of my favorite kathawachks bhai harpal singh ji, read gurbani, read sikh history because every action of our gurus had a meaning ,fill ur mind with good thougts than the bad will go away, u must clean ur subconcious mind........................................dont worry about the car thing...............trust God and do path.........................all God does is good :::::::::::::::::