Ramgarhia Gurdwara Coventry Agrees To Stop Meat And Alcohol Parties In Gurdwara Community Centre

Satkaar

Press Release and Sangat Update – Coventry, UK

Sunday 22 July 2012

www.SatkaarCampaign.blogspot.com

Ramgarhia Gurdwara Coventry agrees to stop meat and alcohol parties in Gurdwara community centre

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Further to our previous Sangat Update on 6 July 2012, we are pleased to inform the UK Sangat that with Guru Maharaaj’s kirpa the management committee of Ramgarhia Gurdwara Coventry have agreed to stop taking further bookings for meat and alcohol parties in the community centre which is owned by and is part of the complex of the Gurdwara.

The decision was taken at a general body meeting of the Gurdwara on Sunday 15 July 2012. This followed a meeting that took place between representatives of the Ramgarhia Gurdwara committee and various Gurdwara Parbandaks from the midlands region onSaturday 14 July 2012. The representatives from Ramgarhia Gurdwara included the President Ajit Singh Jootla, General Secretary Swaran Singh Panesar and committee member Surinder Singh Jandu.

The Ramgarhia Gurdwara Coventry committee representatives informed the Parbandaks that they had contemplated banning meat and alcohol parties for a considerable time but would now do so by way of submitting a motion at the general body meeting on 15 July 2012. The Gurdwara committee informed the Parbandaks that three more parties were scheduled to take place the last being on 18 August 2012 and that nofurther bookings with meat and alcohol would be taken after that date. It was confirmed that the Gurdwara sangat would be informed of this and that the community centre would in future be used as a multi-purpose centre including for Punjabi and Kirtan classes and that the possibility of using it for sport would also be looked into. The Ramgarhia Gurdwara Coventry committee representatives agreed for Satkaar Campaign Sevadaars to attend the Gurdwara at a future date and address the Gurdwara Sangat.

We congratulate the Ramgarhia Gurdwara Coventry committee for the welcome step it has taken and are thankful to the midlands Parbandaks for their active involvement on finding a resolution in this matter. We are appreciative of the fact the Parbandaks arranged their meeting with the Ramgarhia committee at shortnotice upon our request. We look up to the Parbandaks and wish to continue working hand-in-hand with them to ensure that all UK Gurdwaras follow the 2006 Sandesh prohibiting meat and alcohol parties so that the authority of Akaal TakhatSahib is not undermined and maximum Satkaar for Sri Guru Granth Ji Maharaaj is maintained. Satkaar Campaign Sevadaars remained committed to raising awareness on this issue and will work together with all Parbandaks and Jathebandees to remove the cancer of party halls on Gurdwara premises from Gurdwara’s throughout the country.

Finally, we would like to point out that we understand the three remaining parties at Ramgarhia Gurdwara Coventry community centre will permit meat and alcohol to be consumed. We invite the Gurdwara committee to liaise with the relevant families that have booked the parties to have them re-located to another venue not linked to the Gurdwara Sahib, so as to prevent the Beadbi that will otherwise occur.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

post-24999-0-32958600-1343208050_thumb.j

this is good but no doubt the various congress supporters (mostly bansal families in particular) will wait for the next elections and try to gain back control

bro can u explain 2 me how/why on earth do apnay support congress parties? also ive heard/read on this forum b4, how ramgharias tend 2 b india's chamchay, why is it them exclusively then?

if true of course.

Some random replies in this thread, what's congress got to do with this thread ? Looks like someone trying to bring up their own personal grievances into the thread... Back on topic its a good decision , well done to all involved. Are satkaar also going to help the relevant Gurdwaras organise classes and functions that can cater for gurmat and community development ?

This is a fantastic achievement by Satkaar Campaign and much respect to your Sevadars in this matter and credit to the Committee wale for at least promising to implement this after the pre-booked events are over. It would be nice if those families with bookings already could voluntarily exclude meat+sharaab from their programmes in the interim.

However, Paaji one Beadbi which needs stamping out at certain Gurdware is the policy of excluding committee membership on the basis of the so-called biraderi of someone. May I humbly request if Satkaar Campaign can alert the Sangat on this forum of instances where you have been made aware of such exclusionary memberships rules at any GuruGhar where SGGS Ji Maharaj is present.

In terms of subsequently tackling that i think the best way forward would be for us to link up with youth whose parents have unknowingly linked them to exlusuionary-committee-wale Gurdware purely as their local Gurdwara. Ie that in the first instance general Satkaar Campaign Sangat do not turn up in force but we let the youth of such Gurdware force a change initially. If organically a substantial number of local youth at such exclusionary-committee-wale Gurdware contact Satkaar Campaign for assistance then of course that would be great in accelerating matters, as this Beadbi of jaath-paath-biraderi as every bit as insidious as the meat+sharaab wale gangsters.

Rabh Rakha thay thussi Chardi Kalla vich roh

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/66391-mergers-so-that-only-1-gurdwara-per-local-area/

bro can u explain 2 me how/why on earth do apnay support congress parties? also ive heard/read on this forum b4, how ramgharias tend 2 b india's chamchay, why is it them exclusively then?

if true of course.

Don't believe the hype Rebel. This was all part of Indira's plan to paint everyone that is a member of such Gurdware as being pro-Congress. And it's simply not true. Yes, unfortunately there was a small core of committed Indira + Zail Singh chamchay in leaderships positions at various committees (particularly at so-called Ramgarhia Gurdware formed after 1980) with Vishwakarma practises to boot ... however, the vast majority of Sangat at Gurdware like the one in discussion are totally the same as all other members of the Panth and in general comprise the spread of the political spectrum ... and it would be very inaccurate for us to draw wider conclusions based on the allegiances+background of KS Brar, KPS Gill in 1984 and folks like Charan Grewal + Gurinder Dhillon (the current and previous living Guru's of the Radha Soami's) if you get where I'm coming from

cisco singh. i do not have an agenda. i have personal experience and knowledge of this gurdwara hence why i am qualified to make such statements so please do not make sweeping statements against me.

very simply the people wanting to reverse this decision are paid up congress party members and indian workers union members. if you want evidence of this, i am more than happy to give you names and addresses and details. i have no issue with naming and shaming people who have openly been drunk in this gurdwara and then been elected president.

there is no agenda to this. the very few gursikhs (and their families) who have been asking for this change for years are anti congress but not strictly pro akali or pro khalistan either. half of them are related to me.

there is no caste politics here either as uklondon singh has very rightly pointed out

as i said above this is a good thing but the problem with this gurdwara is that once committees change peoples views do too because everyone is scared of upsetting their relatives who may hold opposite views etc

thanks