Dissapointment :(

Guest dasguruka

Guest dasguruka

I asked my Dad if I could go take Amrit and he blatantly refused and said "bandeya vale kum kareya kar" I took it to the heart. I always listen to my Dad man but wt*. He shouldn't have said that. So dissapointed. Like I dont know what could be more manly...

I asked my Dad if I could go take Amrit and he blatantly refused and said "bandeya vale kum kareya kar" I took it to the heart. I always listen to my Dad man but wt*. He shouldn't have said that. So dissapointed. Like I dont know what could be more manly...

My parents are the opposite they want me to take amrit but I'm just not fully ready. I think you don't need to take his permission from anyone. Your not out to do anything bad. This is a great step. Maybe your dad feels guilty because he's not amritdhari? (sorry i don't mean to be rude). He probably doesn't want others to think that the son is amritdhari and the dad isn't. Just don't worry dad might be mad in the beginning but as he sees you in that roop he will be proud of you. Just go for it. You should consider yourself lucky that Guru ji gave that courage to take amrit. Just stay strong and proud. Good luck to you.

Guest dasguruka

My parents are the opposite they want me to take amrit but I'm just not fully ready. I think you don't need to take his permission from anyone. Your not out to do anything bad. This is a great step. Maybe your dad feels guilty because he's not amritdhari? (sorry i don't mean to be rude). He probably doesn't want others to think that the son is amritdhari and the dad isn't. Just don't worry dad might be mad in the beginning but as he sees you in that roop he will be proud of you. Just go for it. You should consider yourself lucky that Guru ji gave that courage to take amrit. Just stay strong and proud. Good luck to you.

It took me 2 years to get to this point. Been growing my hair and beard for a while too now and getting myself acquainted with Gurbani as well. I don't feel like doing anything now. I think I wanna move out, be stable, and take Amrit.

It took me 2 years to get to this point. Been growing my hair and beard for a while too now and getting myself acquainted with Gurbani as well. I don't feel like doing anything now. I think I wanna move out, be stable, and take Amrit.

May Waheguru give you the strength to do the right thing.

There is absolutely no need to move out. Just take Amrit and show your father

that you a real son of Guru Gobind Singh.

Yea Guru Ji wouldn't want you to move out like that. You need to stand up for what you believe in. Just take Amrit and continue to live with your family. The power of Amrit is so strong that your father won't be able to stay mad at you. Just stay positive and think thoroughly threw that your ready to take Amrit. I'm confident that your family will also change their view towards you and towards the Power of Amrit.

Listen to Sach Pita Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. What does he say .....

We have two fathers our Wordly Father and True Father (Father of all, Fathers of Fathers)

Your world father will one day depart on his own journey. You need to follow Sach Pita

P.s this does not mean you disrespect your worldy father, you still have a duty to both fathers as a son.

Hope that helps.

WGJKWGJKF