Healthy And Simple Recipies

DaljitKaur24

Healthy And Simple Recipies  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like there to be a topic about healthy yet simple recipies?

i would have thought a simple chips and sauce is healthy... but i guess not... :lol2:

Hahaha..simple chips? which ones are those? lolz..Well I guess they are good once in a while...the only chips I like are Sun Chips they are multigrain and pretty good and not oily. Try them out!

Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie

Ingredients:

1. Slices of Watermelon

2. Strawberries(couple of them. about 5-6 depends on you)

3. milk(enough to get the smoothie going. Add little or as much as you want.)

4. Sugar(if desired)

5. Ice Cubes

Method:

1. Put everything in blender and blend away.

Enjoy!

P.S- Add lowfat milk and avoid sugar to make it super healthy!

Hahaha..simple chips? which ones are those? lolz..Well I guess they are good once in a while...the only chips I like are Sun Chips they are multigrain and pretty good and not oily. Try them out!

hahahah, loool i use a halogen oven for my chips... they only heat them and there less less oil!!! hahaha you know i am sooo going to look into shops for sun chips... lol

hahahah, loool i use a halogen oven for my chips... they only heat them and there less less oil!!! hahaha you know i am sooo going to look into shops for sun chips... lol

Oh that's great then. You know you can make them healthy. Like make pico de gallo sauce at home and eat with your chips very delicious, fresh, and healthy. Now I'm not sure what's the exact method of the sun chips but i'm sure they were also fried lolz. But to me they taste much less oily then like lays or like ruffles. I guess that's my excuse lolz. But I don't even remember the last time I had them. So it's kind of good to avoid it all together but it's definitely not easy to do!

Healthy Veggie Burger

Ingredients:

1. 1 can of garbanzo bean drained and mashed nicely

2. 1 cup cooked brown rice

3. 1/4 cup of oat bran

4. 1/4 quick cooking oats

5. Package of tofu

6. Fresh Basil

7. Salt, black pepper, and Garlic powder

8. Vegetable oil

Method:

1. In a large bowl, stir together the mashed garbanzo beans and basil. Mix in the oat bran, quick oats, and rice; the mixture should seem a little dry.(You can mix it in a blender)
  2. In a separate bowl, mash the tofu with your hands, trying to squeeze out as much of the water as possible. Drain the water, and repeat the process until there is hardly any water worth pouring off. It is not necessary to remove all of the water.
  3. Stir the tofu into the garbanzo beans and oats. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage; mix until well blended.
  4. Drizzle little bit of oil on the griddle over medium-high heat. Form patties out of the bean mixture(put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes so they get a little firm), and heat them in hot oil for about 5 minutes per side. Serve as you would with any burgers

P.S you can add any veggies you want but just make sure it's sliced very thinly because you want it to cook properly and and not bulge out of the burger. Make sure the tofu is firm otherwise the burgers will fall apart. I suggest adding pancko or bread crumbs to help them stick together.

You can put shredded carrots,diced mushrooms, bell pepper and corn. Very delicious with those ingredients.

Add italian seasoning for extra flavor.

If your adding additional veggies saute them a little bit first(like mushrooms and bell peppers).

You can leave out of the tofu if you don't like it.

Enjoy!

Not sure how healthy this is, but its a simple one :)

http://www.kothiyavu...heese-with.html

P.S. You needn't fry the paneer, and use the cubes as they are.. and add them at the end when the curry is all made.. sounds okee? One can play a bit here n there :p

I love this dish lolz...well I'm not sure how healthy is paneer lolz but love this dish...

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

Ingredients:

1. 1/2 lb Broccoli

2. Garlic couple of cloves(You can leave these out if you want)

3. 1/2 medium Onion chopped

4. Cheese(as much or as little as you like)

5. 1/4 cup of Flour(all purpose flour)

6. Salt and Pepper(To taste)

7. 2 cups of Heavy cream or half and half

8. Butter

9. 2 cups of water(vegetable stock)

Method.

1. Put a little bit of butter in a pan and add chopped onions. Cook until they are lightly browned.

2. Add minced garlic, cook a little bit. Take it out in a plate. Add little bit more butter and

3. Add flour and cook a little bit(till light brown make sure it doesn't burn)

4. Add 4 cups of vegetable stock or water and add the 1/2 cup of half and half and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.

5. Add the onion, broccoli, and carrots, and add salt and pepper and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.

5. Add Cheese

Enjoy.

P.S You can make the soup without the cheese to be on the healthy side. But a little bit of cheese doesn't hurt.

Add carrots in it also towards the end if you like it tastes really good.

You can avoid the heavy cream but all it does is thickens the soup.