Nihang Factory Patiala

I do not know specifically about the larger shields - but asking any of the Singhs at the above places will probably get you what you want.

A tegha is a beautiful weopon. Basically its a a heavyweight of a curved tulwar (standard indo persian sword). Its thicker, about the same length and before tapering at the tip it widens out with both sides razor sharp. This makes its heavy weight easier to weild as well as ensuring a lot of power is delivered to the most distal part. The weight makes you imagine someone like Baba Deep Singh ji Shaheed would have weilded such a weopon, becuase its not easy to swing about in a controlled fashion and you will need a strong core and massive forearms to weild this in battle. A nihang once told me that even a novice ought to be able to cut the enemy (he used the word pathan to mean enemy - typical nihang boli!) straight through the waist in half with a decent swing. Even a good swordsman would not be able to do this with a tulwar though.

I always thought a golia was a heavy ball like weight on a mace chain. However i am not 100% certain.

I do not know about Moga (apart from its a good place to pick up a landi-jeep at the market on Sundays! Great fun if you fancy prancing around the villages like a goonda). Near Nanksar in Jagraon i did not see any shastar shops/ foundries at all.

Nihang Singh had a website with prices but current website www.nihangsingh.com does not have these listed any more. I'll post the details about the chap in Anandpur Sahib when i find his business card.

if you want good arms then you have to go to MP to sikligar sikhs. they can make any arm of best quality. They live near indore many times indian media has done sting operation on them. they are very poor.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a tegha from there in 2005. A good friend got it for me, so cannot tell you about the location. Top quality shastar.

After the death of Jathedar Baba Santa Singh ji it was wound up because of the financial crisis within the dal when it split into different camps. I am certain that i read this on SikhSangat, but could not get the details when I did a search.

For good shastars at a fair price you should go to Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib at Anandpur. From the jore-ghar as you do down the ramp to the street level turn right into the bazar and one of the first few shops on your right is Singh Shastars. In April I got a pesh qabz made of puratan style watered steel, not acid etched like many of the fakes. It cost me Rs 4000. The shop keeper admits he makes a profit, but told me to compare his material to the nihang singh shastar factory near Gurdwara Shaheed Baba Deep Singh ji in Amritsar who also make good shastars, but charge the earth.

The singhs a con artist tried to sell me a puratan shaster that was 300 years old but you could clearly tell the mott(handle) had rust on it.

if you want good arms then you have to go to MP to sikligar sikhs. they can make any arm of best quality. They live near indore many times indian media has done sting operation on them. they are very poor.

yes, these sikhs used to make arms for guru gobind singh and his armies. they live in horrible conditions, and were hit hard econmically by modern weaponry.

Im going India in November, mainly Punjab, so i saw Nihang singh shasters in Amritsar, there shasters quality looks amazing! but the price is just too much, so fromt his info im gonna go to Takht Sri Anandpur sahib, so theres a shaser shop there One question, is the shaster cheap or affordable?

I got a tegha from there in 2005. A good friend got it for me, so cannot tell you about the location. Top quality shastar.

After the death of Jathedar Baba Santa Singh ji it was wound up because of the financial crisis within the dal when it split into different camps. I am certain that i read this on SikhSangat, but could not get the details when I did a search.

For good shastars at a fair price you should go to Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib at Anandpur. From the jore-ghar as you do down the ramp to the street level turn right into the bazar and one of the first few shops on your right is Singh Shastars. In April I got a pesh qabz made of puratan style watered steel, not acid etched like many of the fakes. It cost me Rs 4000. The shop keeper admits he makes a profit, but told me to compare his material to the nihang singh shastar factory near Gurdwara Shaheed Baba Deep Singh ji in Amritsar who also make good shastars, but charge the earth.

How big i ur pesh kabz in inches?

Shop 27 at patiala also tries to sell you fake puratan shastar that have been barren with rust. When I went they used to have a few puratan shastar and a khanda. Oh man I wish I had bought it then, but just bought a kirpan.

You just need to know your shastar when you buy and you won't get conned. Sometimes people try to pull fast ones.