I Need Guidance Please!

Guest -singhniiii-

Get married asap and be done! My sister was 18, and my best friend was 25, and they met at a Sikh youth camp 30 years ago, got married within 3 months, and now they have four gurmukh sons, the youngest is turning out to be an inspiring fiery parcharak and kirtaniya.

If you truly love each other do not waste time but get married asap in a nice Khalsa Amritdharee way. Invite me too! haha. No need to drag it out and wait for education and jobs and all. Do things the right way and Gurujee will bless you with everything. The more you drag it, all kinds of unfortunate things can happen and you will be walking with lots of guilt etc. So get married the fastest you can. I say this bcause I can feel your true love for each other is a done deal.

:)

If you are both in your early twenties and are coming to the end of your studies, then what is there to worry about? Being Amrit Dhaari doesn't make you any less human, and your feelings are part of a number of biological mechanisms that are designed to help you find a partner that you will produce strong, healthy progeny with. It really is that straight forward if you look at the basics of it. It seems your parents approve of you as a couple, and you approve of each other. I'm struggling to see what the problem is here.

Some people meet the person that they will marry when they are 16 (I know a happily married couple with children who met at college), and others in their twenties. Some don't do so until later in life, and some seem not to find that person at all! If you two have an emotional connection and there is no major barrier in your way (age, religious differences etc), then I would encourage you to look at this as a blessing and take the next steps towards marriage. Let's face it, your families will want you both to settle into Ghristi Jeevan and see you getting on with your lives. By finding one another you have saved them the work and the stress of finding someone that ticks the boxes in today's tumultuous climate .

You are still young enough that you will grow together as a couple and carry on life's journey as one, and I wouldn't worry about "things working out". That will take time and effort from both parties, and the two of you can build that relationship going forward. If you are willing to work at it and honour each others individual values while maintaining the shared ones, then you will make your Ghristi Jeevan a success.

If there is something specific about your partner that raises a red flag in your mind, then address that issue. Otherwise, accept the blessing of finding a suitable partner and go forth in peace! You don't have to look far (just look at this forum) to hear the frustrations of those who can't find one, and feel betrayed by the broken system that they thought would source one for them. If I could offer any advice, it would simply be to stop beating yourself up and legitimize your relationship before Mahraj. Everything else is a secondary issue, and once you are married the things that you are worrying about now won't be an issue at all.. Don't worry though, there will be other issues to replace these ones, but that's life :)

Best of Luck!