Meditation Techniques

HDSH

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
Most people will go through this shabad below just conceptually or intellectually. However, there is hidden vidhi in this shabad. This vidhi mentioned in shabad below by sri guru gobind singh ji himself is probably most direct, powerful and highest vidhi-nirgun abhed dhian/smadhi, this is where all vidhi ends.
ਪੂਰਨ ਜੋਤ ਜਗੈ ਘਟ ਮੈ ਤਬ ਖਾਲਸ ਤਾਹਿ ਨਖਾਲਸ ਜਾਨੈ ॥
ਜਾਗਿਤ ਜੋਤਿ ਜਪੈ ਨਿਸ ਬਾਸ੝ਰ ਝਕ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨ ਨੈਕ ਨ ਆਨੈ ॥
ਪੂਰਨ ਪ੝ਰੇਮ ਪ੝ਰਤੀਤ ਸਜੈ ਬ੝ਰਤ ਗੋਰ ਮੜ੝ਹੀ ਮਟ ਭੂਲ ਨ ਮਾਨੈ ॥
ਤੀਰਥ ਦਾਨ ਦਯਾ ਤਪ ਸੰਜਮ ਝਕ ਬਿਨਾ ਨਹਿ ਝਕ ਪਛਾਨੈ ॥
pooran joth jagai ghatt mai thab khalas thahi nakhalas janai.
jagith joth japai nis basur eaek bina man naik n anai.
pooran praem pratheeth sajai brath gor marrhee matt bhool n manai.
theerathh dhan dhaya thap sanjam eaek bina nehi eaek pashhanai.
Such a man, in whose heart shines the full Divinely Radiant Light is a true a pure Khalsa.
He the Khalsa meditates on the Ever-radiant Light, day and night, and rejects all else but the one Lord from the mind.
He decorates himself with perfect love and faith, and believed not in fasts, tombs, crematoriums and hermit cells, even by mistake.
He knows none except the one Lord in the performance of acts of pilgrimage, charities, compassion, austerities and self-control.
This ever-radiant light/knowledge (Jagad jot) is already in all of us as jot roop our real self as enlightened self realized undivided spacious radiant unconditioned pure jagad (awakened/pure awareness). Seeker needs to stop identifying with conditioned mind thats done by initially by witnessing the thoughts only, in fact no need to stop mind thoughts as mind will automatically fall off, just simply abide in this pure jagad (awakened/pure awareness)- see through world as one in all, all in one- perceive everything manifest rising and subsiding as wave from your real self in real self- awakened-aware-jagad jot- pure ocean of awareness, thats all is required until grace dawns..everything will happen spontaneously and naturally... If you have deep impulse or drawn towards this vidhi you are quite lucky thats grace itself, if not its ok take the vidhi which you are more drawn towards under guidance of panj pyares. Everything is grace-introvert itself grace from satguru, perseverance is also grace from satguru, realisation is also grace from satguru

I would say also naam simran is probably first priority than naam dridh or any jugti/vidhi because naam simran (truth-remembrance which develops bairaag/love) has to be deep-rooted in one first one can go on use naam dridh or various naam jugti/vidhi to do jaap otherwise ego kicks in- start turning this naam dridhi or any vidhi into - sense of accomplishment, stages, spiritual aim, higher or lower state of consciousness, ego camping out at 3rd eye, shabad resonance, dasam dwar. All these higher states are good to have but they are relative truth they are not there from absolute point of view*, and in order to transcendent them (if they come in your path) or abandon need for them you need absolute unconditional love for truth (naam) and bairaag which only naam simran -truth remembrance takes you deeply.

And the beauty of naam simran, there are no technicalities of it- its not vidhi or naam dridh, so anyone can do it as there are no complexities as its remembrance you just honesty, earnestness, absolute desire for truth-naam and slowly truth will throb on you too unexpectedly by absolute truth-Ikongkar. We think as if ikongkar (truth) is dead and relative but truth is alive- HERE AND NOW, this absolute truth- bhramgyan is one in all, all in one- every much happening all the time here and now.

*From absolute truth view/perspective standpoint (Ikongkar/Mool Mantar), there are no relative truths or states its only ONE non dual(Advait-Ikongkar) absolute reality. Just like sea is not aware of its wave (no separate I distinction or relative truths or reality), just like that from absolute view- absolute is not aware of its relative truths/reality It's all ONE in all, ALL in ONE...!!

Simran and meditation are 2 different things

Buddhism and gyan marg mahapursh follow the 5 kosh method of meditation to realisation

1 close your eyes and you move your eyes around for a couple of seconds and think to yourself that you are physical body and that you have put shutters on your eyes

2 then pay attention to you thoughts and begin speaking to yourself mentally and say who are you how are you mate I am speaking to mu and these are my thoughts ( but your the thinker and not the thoughts

3 then say to yourself or your thoughts o mate I wan you to stop thinking and be quiet this will awaken the realisation that you are intellect and at this stage try and hold onto that awareness of your being which is refusing to let thoughts enter his mind

Ignoring breathing when you constantly hold onto the thinker who is not making any thought that leads to introspection and then that leads to finding your substratum atma

There are 2 entities inside the thinker or intellect known as mann and there are thoughts known as furneh or Mann di chitvani

Mann is ego or the intellect

Mann ego remains controlled by the 3 guns of maya

veer ji I noted it smiled and deepened my focus on naam shabad was this the correct response as it seemed to me a sign to carry on ?

Simran is defined as to remember Vaheguru in Gurbani. Take a second and think about what Vaheguru is in your mind at this moment? Does a certain Shabad come to mind or is your mind trying to construct through it's own ability a form of Vaheguru, which your ego can accept and understand? If today I was to walk up to a seeker and tell him Vaheguru means a woman wearing a red suit, who is sitting on top of a mountain and eating nuts. Will this person be doing simran of Vaheguru? No! The seeker would be doing simran of a woman sitting on top of a mountain, dressed in a red suit, and eating nuts. When repeating Vaheguru for minutes or hours or days, what is the mind thinking of? Take for example the incident of almost getting into an accident. The common Sikh says Vaheguru in that moment out loud or in their mind. However what is he really thinking about as he says Vaheguru? In that moment the person is saying Vaheguru is my protector. Vaheguru protected me from getting into an accident. The person is remembering a quality of Vaheguru and is focused on this quality of Vaheguru for however long the person feels helpless in that moment. Is this not simran of Vaheguru? If it was, what technique did the person use? Did he have his eyes closed, legs crossed, hands in a certain position? I surely hope his eyes were open, feet close by the brake and race pedal, and his hands on the steering wheel. If not, we know why the accident would have been caused.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਨਿਤ ਨਿਤ ਚਵਾ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ

I meditate (do simran) on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. Continuously, continually, I chant the Word of the Guru's Bani. ang 773

Gurbani is the Naam. When reading or singing Gurbani we are able to connect to the divine, if we are focused on the Shabad. When repeating Vaheguru, your mind should be focused on the pure shabad. We remember (do simran of) Vaheguru when we read Gurbani. If we do not remember Vaheguru through Gurbani we are lost in our ego. Gurbani tells us how to remember Vaheguru and exactly what Vaheguru is. Without this, we are lost and thinking something he is not. And you can do all the Vaheguru simran you want but your mind will not receive the peace of mind. Meditation in Sikhi is the next step to remembering Vaheguru; contemplation. The contemplation brings the mind to focus on what Gurbani is saying to you. Meditation on Vaheguru simran is also happening as your focus on the deep meaning of the word Vaheguru and bring your mind to provide the answers through the Shabad Guru. The purpose of closing the eyes and sitting in a quiet room is to help the person quiet the world around him and he really can focus on the Naam. We use a similar technique, when starting to learn about a topic and there is a test coming up for it in a couple of days. However those, who are well learned about the topic, do not need to quiet the world around them through sitting in quiet rooms and closing their eyes to focus. Try it right now. Pick a topic you really know about and go into a very noisy place. While in the noise, start thinking about the topic you are well versed in. You will have no problem contemplating over the topic and going into the deep subjects it covers.

In a similar manner we want to do this with Gurbani; become the lotus flower while maya is all around you. You can waste your time with breathing techniques, posture techniques, mudras, etc., but in this case we don't know when the exam time will end. By then it will be too late to ask for another test section.

This ever-radiant light/knowledge (Jagad jot) is already in all of us as jot roop our real self as enlightened self realized undivided spacious radiant unconditioned pure jagad (awakened/pure awareness). Seeker needs to stop identifying with conditioned mind thats done by initially by witnessing the thoughts only, in fact no need to stop mind thoughts as mind will automatically fall off, just simply abide in this pure jagad (awakened/pure awareness)- see through world as one in all, all in one- perceive everything manifest rising and subsiding as wave from your real self in real self- awakened-aware-jagad jot- pure ocean of awareness, thats all is required until grace dawns..everything will happen spontaneously and naturally... If you have deep impulse or drawn towards this vidhi you are quite lucky thats grace itself, if not its ok take the vidhi which you are more drawn towards under guidance of panj pyares. Everything is grace-introvert itself grace from satguru, perseverance is also grace from satguru, realisation is also grace from satguru

Your posts are usually too complex for me>>>>but i think here you saying that the jot be in all of us so we dont need to do much except witness it>>is that right??

Sorry mate>>I don't get that at all cuz I'm trying to FIND this Jot.?>>>cuz ive undastood thaat we have to find our own jot and waheguru in us first cuz it is covered and hidden by our minds filth.

Then>> only after we have found it>>can we go ahead and try to merge it >>joti jot milaai.

You knoww the drop in ocean>>>so the drop is our OWN inner light jot>>>and oviously god and all other jots are the ONE ocean!

No\t saying you wrong n30 dude>>>but you confusing the dopeys like me who understand the jot in jot>>atmaa in paramaatma>>drop in ocean>>SIMPLE

BUT WE GOTTA FIND THAT JOT BY HAMMERING THE FILTH COVERIN TH MIND BY USING NAAM SIMRAM

>>>>dONT KNOW ABOUT YOU>>BUT I CAN'T JUST SIT AND WITNESS BUT I'VE GOT TO MAKE A DAM EFFORT WITH THIS and I'M WORKIN ON IT HARD BRO>>>

And the beauty of naam simran, there are no technicalities of it- its not vidhi or naam dridh, so anyone can do it as there are no complexities as its remembrance you just honesty, earnestness, absolute desire for truth-naam and slowly truth will throb on you too unexpectedly by absolute truth-Ikongkar. We think as if ikongkar (truth) is dead and relative but truth is alive- HERE AND NOW, this absolute truth- bhramgyan is one in all, all in one- every much happening all the time here and now.

#SORRY BRO, >>>dont agree with this either >>cuz i thought i be doing simran without using some technique>>>donn this all me life man>>all i did was sin and paap>

same again>>>there be no sitting back witnessing for me >>>i'v gotta make the effort by using technique>>>

ONE THING I LEARNT WAS THAT MY DAM MIND IS MUCH CLEVERER AND SMARTER THAN I THOUGHT>>IT KEEPS FOOLIN MY EGO>>SO I GOTTA USE SIMRAN TECHNIQUES TO MASTER AND WN OVER IT DUDE>>>MANN JITHAI JAG JEET

• The topic was unpinned