Why Are People Born Disabled?

RebelSingh

WJKK WJKF

hey guys ive always wondered y ppl r born disabled? ive never really seen this question ever asked, even when there is a topic on disability, no one has asked this question, i believe. All uk sikhs, particularly football fans may remember, former england football coach glenn hoddle, gettin sacked from his job for sayin that, he believes ppl r born disabled, coz of their wrong actions from their past lives. The media i remember was in uproar at this comment, and he subsequently lost his prestigious/lucrative job.

this is his actual comment from an interview:

"My beliefs have evolved in the last eight or nine years, that the spirit has to come back again, that is nothing new, that has been around for thousands of years. You have to come back to learn and face some of the things you have done, good and bad. There are too many injustices around."

"You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap."

"You have to look at things that happened in your life and ask why. It comes around."

In my opinion, Im not a brilliant sikh, but i do know, that all crimes/goodness a person commits in his lifetime, carries over into the next, coz it is ur soul which is everpresent, not ur physical body, right? the only thing from this is, r ppl born disabled as a pnishment, or is it pure lottery? When this story broke, these goreh were horrified wen he came out with these comments, i though reckon, if he had sed this, in asia, no one wudda battered an eyelid, jus these abrahamic folks.

So wat duz sikhi say bowt this? Why are disabled ppl born disabled? and is wat glenn hoddle sayin, in accordance with dharmic religions (sikhi,hindu & buddhism)?

http://news.bbc.co.u...ball/270194.stm

thank u.

bro I think the last four lines in red of Hoddle that you have wrote are very much in line with Gurmat if Im not mistaken. The first time I read Hoddle's comment, I thought he was a undercover sikh lmao. Ive always thought disabilities is due to past actions by the soul too. So in that sense, I would say what you have said is correct mate

bro I think the last four lines in red of Hoddle that you have wrote are very much in line with Gurmat if Im not mistaken. The first time I read Hoddle's comment, I thought he was a undercover sikh lmao. Ive always thought disabilities is due to past actions by the soul too. So in that sense, I would say what you have said is correct mate

bro r u an english btw? if so, do u remember the uproar at his comment? ive never seen such nonsense in my life, at the way he was hounded out. i kno plenty of muslims n goreh who despite bein muslims/christians belive in karma n in re-incarnation, even tho they follow abrahamic religions. Maybe hoddle is one of them, which is y, i really wish sikhs did more parchar 2 goreh n muslims, coz there r plenty of them who kinda have this self-realised beliefs, which contradict their own religious beliefs.

I remember this clearly as well. Ironically I thought he was a good manager and would've done quite well with that England team if given the chance. I felt sorry for him as he was telling the truth and from I read above it wasn't in a provocative manner.

Karam aspect of Sikhi can be quite difficult to explain with Paralabh, Sanchit karams etc. Could this put off kathavaachaks from touching on this subject? Although, what confuses me sometimes is how to explain how karam and SatGuru's/God Will interlink.

WJKK WJKF

Rebel = hey guys ive always wondered y ppl r born disabled?

UK = It's just the lottery of nature. It has nothing to do with people's (alleged but unproven) sins from a past life or lives. Karma means actions in one's present life according to the original Sanskrit meaning. Due to fools like the author(s) of Manu Smriti - the Hindu text which underpins the caste system (immoral inequality between human beings) and the inferiority of women (as in the Bible + Quran) ... the meaning of the Sanskrit word "karma" got twisted to somehow being equated to "pre-destination" on account of (alleged but unproven) sins in a previous life or lives. So rather than seeing that the caste system was a false man-made system of hegemony entirely constructed by human beings for the subjugation of others, these lunatics justified it on the basis of "oh those people did bad in their previous lives and that's the reason they are forced by society to carry human faeces today". Similarly, we have to ask ourselves were the Sikhs who got doused in petrol and burnt to death with tyres around their necks killed due to past sins in previous lives or could it possibly be that Hindu Jatts of Delhi Police were told by Indira to organise a systematic well-planned genocide of Sikhs "ohna nu sabak sakhaun nu"? When the Punjabi Muslims killed off 300,000 plus Sikhs in 1947, we have to seriously ask ourself was that due to the greater levels of sins by Sikhs in West Punjab in their previous lives or could it possibly have been entirely down to the Punjabi Muslims seeing that ethnic cleansing would result in an Islamicly pure apartheid state with the added bonus of free land and free wealth as the reward for genocide?

Rebel = ive never really seen this question ever asked, even when there is a topic on disability, no one has asked this question, i believe. All uk sikhs, particularly football fans may remember, former england football coach glenn hoddle, gettin sacked from his job for sayin that, he believes ppl r born disabled, coz of their wrong actions from their past lives. The media i remember was in uproar at this comment, and he subsequently lost his prestigious/lucrative job.

UK = For him to say what he did, as England manager, I think he pretty much deserved to go. Best England team in last 22 years was the one we had back in 1990 with Gazza, Waddle, Lineker, Beardsley etc :-) Hoddle was no Bobby Robson neither!

Rebel = this is his actual comment from an interview:

Hoddle = "My beliefs have evolved in the last eight or nine years, that the spirit has to come back again, that is nothing new, that has been around for thousands of years. You have to come back to learn and face some of the things you have done, good and bad. There are too many injustices around."

"You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap."

"You have to look at things that happened in your life and ask why. It comes around."

Rebel = In my opinion, Im not a brilliant sikh, but i do know, that all crimes/goodness a person commits in his lifetime, carries over into the next, coz it is ur soul which is everpresent, not ur physical body, right? the only thing from this is, r ppl born disabled as a pnishment, or is it pure lottery?

UK = Pure lottery of nature, Rebel. Guru Sahib 100% teaches that for every action we do in our lives there is a resultant cause and effect. The more paap we do the more further we get from mukhti and thereby we increase our chances of exposure to the lottery of nature whereby we are trapped within the cycle of experiencing different forms which enable our soul to progress. We should trust in our 1God that the way of accounting for one's actions will be fair and just rather than dreaming up our own unproven manmat concepts of punishment that say Hitler will be born as a worm in his next life (which begs the question ... how will the intellect of a worm grasp the paap that Hitler did in his human form?) The way to sell this on a PR level is not via the nonsense disabled theory but by pointing out that we're human in this life but we might be different alien life forms like you get in Star Trek etc in the next phase of our soul's spiritual journey if this lifetime's jeevan is not up to scratch in order to allow our soul to see the Universe through greater experiences, if you get where I'm coming from :-) Eventually our solar system will collapse and the whole Hindu (but not Sikh) theory of karma (in terms of the wrong meaning of the Sanskrit word) pretty much collapses along with it ... in terms of what happens to the final generation of humans? Only Guru Sahib's teaching of infinite planets can potentially reconcile with that, rather than the jokers who say that people are Gujrati in one life and will remain Gujrati in the next! LoL

Rebel = When this story broke, these goreh were horrified wen he came out with these comments, i though reckon, if he had sed this, in asia, no one wudda battered an eyelid, jus these abrahamic folks.

UK = I think that says more about how stupid many apnay cultural beliefs are. It exposed how cruel our thinking is and that the goreh had a bit more compassion and common sense than us.

Rebel = So wat duz sikhi say bowt this? Why are disabled ppl born disabled? and is wat glenn hoddle sayin, in accordance with dharmic religions (sikhi,hindu & buddhism)?

http://news.bbc.co.u...ball/270194.stm

thank u.

UK = Sikhi has never said that people are born disabled due to the wrong interpretation of the word karma implying it's because of their (alleged but unproven) past sins. Who are we to say what people's past sins were and in the process imply that Aurangzeb must have been really "good" in his past life etc, etc. In fact the tenets of Sikhi teach us that those who suffer the most in their life and those that experience the greatest struggles in their life are those who will achieve mukhti before those of us who are born with the blessing of a healthy body but still go round committing paap. The fact is that even if 99.6% of disabled people in the world are not Sikh ... the reality is they are probably living a more sincere life in accordance with how Guru Sahib proscribed than 99% of able-bodied (sehajdhari) Sikhs.

Reasons for disabled children could be a lot of things. The mother did drugs or alcohol, she was taking a medication she shouldn't have been taking, she smokes, she is malnourished, her gynecologist messed up, the mother is of older age (mid 30's or older), there was a random complication in the development of the child in the womb.

So it's really no fault of the baby itself. It's environmental things that could affect it's proper development. Usually the mother's or the doctor's fault.

thanks for the feedback guys, BUT....

theres a story in Guru HarGobind's time, wen he met a MASSIVE python/snake, and there were small keeriaa (ants/creatures), who were eatin away at this snake. The sangat asked Guru Ji, how can these ants be able 2 eat away at this snake like that in such great numbers, and why is this happening? Guru Ji sed this is happening coz the snake in his previous life was a fake baba who talked sh!t bowt Guru Nanak (King Of Kings), and those smalle ants r his chelay (followers). He Sucked their blood (money) as a fake baba, now those ants (chelay) r suckin his blood (literally).

Also in the Times Of Guru Gobind Singh (King Of ALL Kings), there was an animal (not sure wat, maybe a rabbit??) and Guru Ji told His Baaj (falcon) to go after that animal n kill him immediately. Sangat was shocked and sed why he instructed this act of his baaj. Guru Ji sed that, that animal in his previous janam/life was a liar/cheat who asked for money from my baaj (who was a human in previous life aswel), with no intentions of ever payin it back, and in the end NEVER paid it back. Therefore he instructed his baaj 2 kill that animal as payback, BUT ALSO, as he ordered the killing he also liberated that animal (as acceptance for their forgiveness), c how great our dad was?

Also in the battle of chamkaur, a sikh asked Guru Ji wat will happen 2 the soldiers of the mughal army who r just human at the end of the day, n may not b evil, but r jus doin as they r told etc Guru Ji sed, every dushman soldier that gets hit wit my teer (arrows) will be born into a sikh family in their next lifetime. Surely the king did this so they can work off their bad deeds, init?

So surely we believe that our present predicament/situation, bad or good, is dependant on our previous life?

btw regardin disability, n whether its a punishment from previous janam, i stil dont kno.

@ Rebel

Don't believe every Sakhi you hear bro. Certain sakhi'ah like the above are fake stories introduced by the Mughals and other anti-Sikh forces + thereupon gained acceptance through the gullibility of Punjabi's. The one about KPS Gill being a Mughal soldier in his previous lifetime is one that I've heard parroted too even though it's clearly nonsense.

Also beware of sakhi'ah that on the surface seem to glorify our Guru's but at a hidden deeper level merely slander our Guru Sahib on behalf of anti-Sikh forces. Similarly, for example, the Dusht Daman + Durga Mata concept in today's so-called DG, the fake Ram Chander genealogy ascribed to Guru Sahib and the various Charitropkhiyan stories written by Mughal scribes were a way of denigrating Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj and the Khalsa Panth.