Why Are People Born Disabled?

RebelSingh

Gurbani states that we return because we have karam to make up for. It doesn't state what we come back as, nor does it state that the karam from our past life plays any interference in our current life. We simply come back to try again.

Can you provide any evidence from Gurbani? If past karma plays no role then why are people born in different settings? Some have all worldly advantages while others live in poverty. Why is this? Why are some born disabled and others not? This is not fair on part of God. It is unfair to send one to a gursikh family and another to a brothel. I will quote the pankti again:

ਕਰਮੀ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੀ ਕੇ ਨੇੜੈ ਕੇ ਦੂਰਿ ॥

Those born to gursikhs are closer to God because they will be raised in Sikhi and will have more advantages than those born in non-Sikh families. This proves that past karma plays a very important role in present life. Sant Sundar Singh Ji once told Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji that they both were Hindu saints in previous life and due to their immense bhagtee they were given one last life in Gurmat so they could attain salvation. Bhai Randhir Singh suffered the most from a Hindu jailer due to his past karma and he clearly states that in his autobiography. Bhagat Sadhna Ji’s example also elucidates the same. There are numerous examples to prove that past karma is tied to present and present to future. If past karma played no role then everyone should have the same start but the fact that past naam kamayee gets accumulated is proof that past karma stays with the person.

Didn't you read my disclaimer? I am not saying Guru ji suffered due to past karam.

Then why did you apply karma to Guru Sahib if such cannot happen? Do not argue for the sake of argument.

This was written by Guru Nanak. It means that those who realize Waheguru do not have to go through the cycle of birth and death again.

Therefore it proves that the basis of coming to this world is the past karma. More the good karma, better it is for the person. Bad karma results in terrible life conditions or 84 lakh joonis. You should read Gurmat Karam Philosophy to better understand karma. Guru Rakha

Can you provide any evidence from Gurbani? If past karma plays no role then why are people born in different settings? Some have all worldly advantages while others live in poverty. Why is this? Why are some born disabled and others not? This is not fair on part of God. It is unfair to send one to a gursikh family and another to a brothel. I will quote the pankti again:

ਕਰਮੀ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੀ ਕੇ ਨੇੜੈ ਕੇ ਦੂਰਿ ॥

Those born to gursikhs are closer to God because they will be raised in Sikhi and will have more advantages than those born in non-Sikh families. This proves that past karma plays a very important role in present life. Sant Sundar Singh Ji once told Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji that they both were Hindu saints in previous life and due to their immense bhagtee they were given one last life in Gurmat so they could attain salvation. Bhai Randhir Singh suffered the most from a Hindu jailer due to his past karma and he clearly states that in his autobiography. Bhagat Sadhna Ji’s example also elucidates the same. There are numerous examples to prove that past karma is tied to present and present to future. If past karma played no role then everyone should have the same start but the fact that past naam kamayee gets accumulated is proof that past karma stays with the person.

Therefore it proves that the basis of coming to this world is the past karma. More the good karma, better it is for the person. Bad karma results in terrible life conditions or 84 lakh joonis. You should read Gurmat Karam Philosophy to better understand karma. Guru Rakha

I can't provide any evidence, and you can't either. You are making an inference.

God doesn't make people born disabled. Rather it's due to defects in embryogenesis. Science is a part of Hukam also.

Who says God has to be fair? You want Him to play by our rules?

The pankti you are quoting is irrelevant to what we are discussing. Karmi aapae apni. Kai nedhe Kai dhoor. This doesn't say that karma carries over to the next life. Guru ji said that meditating on Naam is the best way to get good karma. People enshrined with Naam are closer to God than moorakhs.

Sikhs are now the highest form of incarnation? So much for killing one's haumai.

Show me examples from gurbani that illustrate past life's karma influences this life.

Even if you were to somehow attain knowledge of your past life, how would this affect your Sikhi? What use is this knowledge? Who cares?

Sherdill bro, many have given you their views using Gurbani as evidence as well. It doesn't seem like you are going to change your view though. And is it haumai or love for your religion to say being born a Sikh is great? Honestly, think a little, this religion has the greatest Guru, it's not haumai to say that.

Why wouldn't karma carry over? Ever hear of Dharam Raj?

I can't provide any evidence, and you can't either.

ਪੂਰਬਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਕਮਾਵਣਾ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਮੇਟਣਹਾਰੁ ॥

They act according to their pre-ordained destiny, which no one can erase.

According to the above pankti, ਪੂਰਬਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ refers to what has been written by God and what gets written is nothing but one’s own karma. I have provided valid arguments in my defense whereas neither you have refuted them nor provided any evidence. You can read biographies of great gursikhs like Bhai Rama Singh, Sant Harnam Singh, Bhai Randhir Singh and Sant Sundar Singh who all testify to previous karma impacting present life to some extent. Again, if previous karma played no role then why are all not given an equal start?

God doesn't make people born disabled. Rather it's due to defects in embryogenesis. Science is a part of Hukam also.

God doesn’t but our own karma does. Disability or any scientific explanation does not refute karma. These reasons are simply effects of past karma. Why do you think embryogenesis gets defected of some but not of others? Science cannot explain it because science explains observations whereas religion goes a step beyond and explains deeper unexplained mysteries. Karma is the reason behind all of this. A true Sikh believes in Gurbani.

Who says God has to be fair? You want Him to play by our rules?

Our rules? According to Gurbani God is just and fair. He does not discriminate and make some suffer randomly. You seriously lack understanding of Gurbani.

Guru ji said that meditating on Naam is the best way to get good karma. People enshrined with Naam are closer to God than moorakhs.

Show me the word Naam in the pankti? It is foolish of you to change Gurbani meaning to suit your own twisted thinking. Believe what you want but don’t misinterpret Gurbani to justify your false beliefs. Why is one born in a Sikh family and other in a brothel? Does science you so heavily rely on have an answer? Here are few panktis that elucidate past karma being accumulated.

ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਕਾਟੈ ਮਜਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਧੂਰਿ ॥ ਭਾਇ ਭਗਤਿ ਭਰਮ ਭਉ ਨਾਸੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਦਾ ਹਜੂਰਿ ॥

The sins of countless incarnations are washed away, by bathing in the dust of the Lord's humble servants. By loving devotional worship, doubt and fear depart; O Nanak, the Lord is Ever-present.

ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਕਾਟੇ ਕਾਗਰ ॥

The accounts of his past incarnations were torn up.

ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਦੂਖ ਨਿਵਾਰੈ ਸੂਕਾ ਮਨੁ ਸਾਧਾਰੈ ॥

He dispels the pains of countless incarnations, and lends support to the dry and shriveled mind.

Sikhs are now the highest form of incarnation? So much for killing one's haumai.

I never claimed it. Human is the highest form according to Gurbani but great fortunate ones are those who are born in Sikhi environment. This doesn’t make them superior but more advantageous. Learn the difference.

Even if you were to somehow attain knowledge of your past life, how would this affect your Sikhi? What use is this knowledge? Who cares?

Now you are being childish. It is not a matter of care but matter of principle. Knowledge of past karma comes only when one has reached high level of spirituality and by then most of the karma has been exhausted. Sikhs don’t care about past lives but it doesn’t mean past karma doesn’t exist or has no impact. Search Gurbani for karma and study those shabads first. This is a matter of veechar not debate. Guru Rakha

Here is the proof that you requested.

This Shabad is by Bhagat Trilochan Ji in Raag Gujri on Pannaa 526 gUjrI ] goojaree ||

Goojaree: AMiq kwil jo lCmI ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ] a(n)th kaal jo lashhamee simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts, srp join vil vil AauqrY ]1] sarap jon val val aoutharai ||1||

shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. ||1|| ArI bweI goibd nwmu miq bIsrY ] rhwau ] aree baaee gobidh naam math beesarai || rehaao ||

O sister, do not forget the Name of the Lord of the Universe. ||Pause|| AMiq kwil jo iesqRI ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ] a(n)th kaal jo eisathree simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||

At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts, bysvw join vil vil AauqrY ]2] baesavaa jon val val aoutharai ||2||

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a prostitute. ||2|| AMiq kwil jo liVky ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ] a(n)th kaal jo larrikae simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts, sUkr join vil vil AauqrY ]3] sookar jon val val aoutharai ||3||

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a pig. ||3|| AMiq kwil jo mMdr ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ] a(n)th kaal jo ma(n)dhar simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of mansions, and dies in such thoughts, pRyq join vil vil AauqrY ]4] praeth jon val val aoutharai ||4||

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a goblin. ||4|| AMiq kwil nwrwiexu ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ] a(n)th kaal naaraaein simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts, bdiq iqlocnu qy nr mukqw pIqMbru vw ky irdY bsY ]5]2] badhath thilochan thae nar mukathaa peetha(n)bar vaa kae ridhai basai ||5||2||

says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. ||5||2||

ਪੂਰਬਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਕਮਾਵਣਾ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਮੇਟਣਹਾਰੁ ॥

They act according to their pre-ordained destiny, which no one can erase.

According to the above pankti, ਪੂਰਬਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ refers to what has been written by God and what gets written is nothing but one’s own karma. I have provided valid arguments in my defense whereas neither you have refuted them nor provided any evidence. You can read biographies of great gursikhs like Bhai Rama Singh, Sant Harnam Singh, Bhai Randhir Singh and Sant Sundar Singh who all testify to previous karma impacting present life to some extent. Again, if previous karma played no role then why are all not given an equal start?

Okay, but it still doesn't say that someone is born into a rich family or poor family based on one's previous karma. I don't have any evidence that says someone isn't born rich because of their past karma. You don't either. You are reaching for meaning that isn't there.

Sant Sundar Singh and Sant Gurbachan Singh said they were Hindu saints in their previous life. I guess you just have to take their word for it?

I think we are given an equal start. Rich or poor doesn't matter. A rich man may have a more comfortable life, but he could still be spiritually poor.

God doesn’t but our own karma does. Disability or any scientific explanation does not refute karma. These reasons are simply effects of past karma. Why do you think embryogenesis gets defected of some but not of others? Science cannot explain it because science explains observations whereas religion goes a step beyond and explains deeper unexplained mysteries. Karma is the reason behind all of this. A true Sikh believes in Gurbani.

Defects result in embryogenesis due to evironmental factors during the pregnancy.

Maternal malnutrition is the most common cause of intra-uterine growth defects.

Maternal diabetes can cause excessively large babies, with hyperplasia of the islets of langerhans in the pancreas.

Abortions and neonatal death rates are higher in diabetic mothers.

Rubella virus and Cytomegalovirus can cross the placenta and damage the CNS, eyes and ears of the baby.

Downs Syndrome babies are born more frequently to older women. There is a direct correlation with increasing maternal age and Downs Syndrome.

Smoking during pregnancy causes spontaneous abortions, underweight babies, still-born babies and underdeveloped babies.

Too much caffiene during pregnancy hinders the development of the baby's central nervous system.

Drinking alcohol during pregnancy causes growth retardation, small heads,heart defects, mental cognition problems,

Isotretinoin consumed during pregnancy causes ear malformations, facial abnormalities, cleft palate and neural tube defects in the baby.

Aminopterin and Methotrexate cause skull defects, high arched palate, reduction in the development of structures derived from the first brachial arch, absence of fingers.

Too much androgenic hormones causes masuclinization of female genitalia.

You want me to list more? I'm getting tired of typing though. All of these things are avoidable, just like diabetes and high blood pressure are avoidable.

Our rules? According to Gurbani God is just and fair. He does not discriminate and make some suffer randomly. You seriously lack understanding of Gurbani.

That's comforting. Why does God have to be fair? It's His creation. He can do whatever He wants. We can't judge Him.

I will ask again, why did God bring the tsunami to Japan?

Show me the word Naam in the pankti? It is foolish of you to change Gurbani meaning to suit your own twisted thinking.

Did I say I was talking about that pankti? No I didn't.

Here you go:

karam dhharam anaek kiriaa sabh oopar naam achaar ||2||

The many religious rituals, good deeds of karma and Dharmic worship - above all of these is the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||2||

I never claimed it. Human is the highest form according to Gurbani but great fortunate ones are those who are born in Sikhi environment. This doesn’t make them superior but more advantageous. Learn the difference.

Sikhi was founded a little over 500 years ago. What religion was the most fortunate one to be born into before that?

Now you are being childish. It is not a matter of care but matter of principle. Knowledge of past karma comes only when one has reached high level of spirituality and by then most of the karma has been exhausted. Sikhs don’t care about past lives but it doesn’t mean past karma doesn’t exist or has no impact. Search Gurbani for karma and study those shabads first. This is a matter of veechar not debate. Guru Rakha

So what were you in your past life?

Okay, but it still doesn't say that someone is born into a rich family or poor family based on one's previous karma. I don't have any evidence that says someone isn't born rich because of their past karma. You don't either. You are reaching for meaning that isn't there

Don’t jump around from one statement to another. It only makes you look more foolish. You stated that past karma doesn’t carry over to the next life. Now that Gurbani has proved you wrong you jump to a different argument. The fact that past karma gets carried over is the proof that present life gets impacted by past karma whether that has to do with worldly life or disability. It could be anything.

Sant Sundar Singh and Sant Gurbachan Singh said they were Hindu saints in there previous life. I guess you just have to take their word for it? I was Martin Luther King in my past life.

They were true gursikhs whereas you lack any belief in Gurbani. Not them but many have spoken about their own past lives. It is a fact. Their statement came from personal experience but yours comes from a plain lie. You must have suffered through some animal joonis between your past and this life the effects of which are apparent in your posts.

I think we are given an equal start. Rich or poor doesn't matter. A rich man may have a more comfortable life, but he could still be spiritually poor.

This is a weak point. Go tell a poor starving kid living in a brothel that he was given an equal start as Bill Gates’s kid. No one sane enough would believe this. This shows you are making up foolish statements just to win an argument but falsehood always perishes.

You want me to list more? I'm getting tired of typing though. All of these things are avoidable, just like diabetes and high blood pressure are avoidable.

But you did not explain why these happen to some but not to others. For example, why is one soul sent to a smoking mother to be born disabled but another to a religious God-fearing woman to be born healthy? How is this an equal start?

That's comforting. Why does God have to be fair? It's His creation. He can do whatever He wants. We can't judge Him.

Because He is fair. It is His attribute otherwise He wouldn’t be God. He can do whatever He wants but He does not because He leads by example. Since He expects humans to be just and fair to be united with Him, He must be following His own message first.

I will ask again, why did God bring the tsunami to Japan?

Ask God. How does this prove your point? It is all part of His hukam.

Did I say I was talking about that pankti? No I didn't.

You are lying again. Commenting on the pankti you stated as following:

Karmi aapae apni. Kai nedhe Kai dhoor. This doesn't say that karma carries over to the next life. Guru ji said that meditating on Naam is the best way to get good karma. People enshrined with Naam are closer to God than moorakhs.

Now explain yourself or will you come up with another lie?

Here you go:

krm Drm Anyk ikirAw sB aUpir nwmu Acwru ]2]

karam dhharam anaek kiriaa sabh oopar naam achaar ||2||

The many religious rituals, good deeds of karma and Dharmic worship - <strong>above all of these is the Naam</strong>, the Name of the Lord. ||2||

Agreed but how does this prove your point? It is irrelevant to your post.

Sikhi was founded a little over 500 years ago. What religion was the most fortunate one to be born into before that?

Those who are blessed with simran and seva are fortunate ones so all the bhagats who meditated upon God’s Name prior to 1469 were fortunate one.

So what were you in your past life?

Don’t know. Irrelevant point.

You did not comment on other Gurbani panktis that prove past karmas getting erased by Naam. If past karma has no impact then how can it be erased? Gurbani is the truth and you are false. Guru Rakha

Whats wrong with admitting the truth. Nobody knows why people are born disabled. Sometimes we can trace it back to medical causes, but not always.

You don't know, I don't know, nobody knows, but IMHO I think saying that they deserved it because of their past life is incredibly cruel.

Don’t jump around from one statement to another. It only makes you look more foolish. You stated that past karma doesn’t carry over to the next life. Now that Gurbani has proved you wrong you jump to a different argument. The fact that past karma gets carried over is the proof that present life gets impacted by past karma whether that has to do with worldly life or disability. It could be anything.

I’m not jumping from one statement to another. I’m replying to what you have written. You are the one who brought up the idea that people with good karma are born into rich families and those with lesser karma are born into poor families.

They were true gursikhs whereas you lack any belief in Gurbani. Not them but many have spoken about their own past lives. It is a fact. Their statement came from personal experience but yours comes from a plain lie. You must have suffered through some animal joonis between your past and this life the effects of which are apparent in your posts.

I believe whole heartedly in Gurbani, just not the version you are interpreting.

This is a weak point. Go tell a poor starving kid living in a brothel that he was given an equal start as Bill Gates’s kid. No one sane enough would believe this. This shows you are making up foolish statements just to win an argument but falsehood always perishes.

I guess it would be better to tell him that he was born in a brothel because he had bad karma in his past life. Yes, it’s his fault. You should point out that the rich boy has a lot of toys to play with because he did good deeds in his past life. If the poor boy wasn’t a sinner, then he could have been born rich too.

What a great mahapurakh you are!

But you did not explain why these happen to some but not to others. For example, why is one soul sent to a smoking mother to be born disabled but another to a religious God-fearing woman to be born healthy? How is this an equal start?

If a woman smokes during her pregnancy, she is hurting her baby. According to your formula, she is creating a new karmic cycle. No different than someone walking up to you and punching you in the face. I believe that life begins at fertilization. Gurbani doesn’t refute this belief.

Because He is fair. It is His attribute otherwise He wouldn’t be God. He can do whatever He wants but He does not because He leads by example. Since He expects humans to be just and fair to be united with Him, He must be following His own message first.

I don’t think the Japan tsunami was fair.

I don’t think the Black Plague was fair.

I don’t think drought and famine is fair.

I don’t think Mt. Vesuvius destroying Pompeii was fair.

Stop looking for qualities in God that suit your needs. Accept Him for what He is.

One who recognizes bad and good as one and the same - in this way he is absorbed into the Lord and Master. ||8||

What sort of love is this, which clings to duality?

O Nanak, he alone is called a lover, who remains forever immersed in absorption.

But one who feels good only when good is done for him, and feels bad when things go badly - do not call him a lover. He trades only for his own account. ||1||

Why did you split my statement in two? I was giving you an example of how God isn’t always fair.

You are lying again. Commenting on the pankti you stated as following:

Karmi aapae apni. Kai nedhe Kai dhoor. This doesn't say that karma carries over to the next life. Guru ji said that meditating on Naam is the best way to get good karma. People enshrined with Naam are closer to God than moorakhs.

Now explain yourself or will you come up with another lie?

I wasn’t talking about that pankti.

I will break my points up into separate paragraphs from now on, so you don’t get confused.

I was replying to what you said: “ It is foolish of you to change Gurbani meaning to suit your own twisted thinking. Believe what you want but don’t misinterpret Gurbani to justify your false beliefs.”

Believing that meditating on Naam is the best way to achieve good karma isn’t a false belief.

Thank you for agreeing with me this time though.

Those who are blessed with simran and seva are fortunate ones so all the bhagats who meditated upon God’s Name prior to 1469 were fortunate one.

Wow, way to dodge my question.

Don’t know

Good answer.

You did not comment on other Gurbani panktis that prove past karmas getting erased by Naam. If past karma has no impact then how can it be erased? Gurbani is the truth and you are false. Guru Rakha

I think Gurbani is saying that your past mistakes, from this life, can be erased if you enshrine yourself within the Naam. If a thief changes his ways and starts meditating on the Naam, then he too can achieve jivan mukhti.

I think I am going to stop replying to you now. It’s clear that you don’t have the answer. You are just beating around the bush. You also have a tendency to get mad when your views are questioned. This isn’t becoming of someone with high spirituality. Remember that anger is one of the 5 evils. Guru Rakha.

You are the one who brought up the idea that people with good karma are born into rich families and those with lesser karma are born into poor families.

Others in this topic have also stated the same but you have failed to provide any evidence. Randomness is not a valid answer. Since you have ignored my question every time let me pose the same question differently. If past karma carries no weight then why does a human with bad karma gets birth in lower species i.e. animals, insects etc.? What is the basis of one getting human birth and one an animal one?

I believe whole heartedly in Gurbani, just not the version you are interpreting.

Pick up Teeka of Prof. Sahib Singh and see how he interprets “Poorab Karam”. His interpretation is widely accepted.

If a woman smokes during her pregnancy, she is hurting her baby. According to your formula, she is creating a new karmic cycle. No different than someone walking up to you and punching you in the face. I believe that life begins at fertilization. Gurbani doesn’t refute this belief.

I agree she is hurting her baby and she will suffer for her karma but you di dnot prove how past karma does not affect past life. When life begins is a separate topic and irrelevant.

I guess it would be better to tell him that he was born in a brothel because he had bad karma in his past life. Yes, it’s his fault. You should point out that the rich boy has a lot of toys to play with because he did good deeds in his past life. If the poor boy wasn’t a sinner, then he could have been born rich too.

What a great mahapurakh you are!

I never claimed to be a mahapurakh. You can tell kids born in brothels that they have an equal opportunity as a kid born in a rich family. Whereas I would say that their birth was due to their past life but they can always change it by following Gurmat.

I don’t think the Japan tsunami was fair.

I don’t think the Black Plague was fair.

I don’t think drought and famine is fair.

I don’t think Mt. Vesuvius destroying Pompeii was fair.

Everything happens according to Hukam. As Gurbani says “Hukamay Andar Sabh Ko”. I never claimed that natural disasters occur due to karma. It is solely your assumption.

Stop looking for qualities in God that suit your needs. Accept Him for what He is.

I accept God as He is described in Gurbani. He is the most just and fairest of all. He is so loving that He even feeds all types of sinners. He is without hatred and enmity. He is full of love which makes Him fair and just. Can you provide any evidence that He is unfair?

I will break my points up into separate paragraphs from now on, so you don’t get confused.

Still you did not address the pankti. How could one claim to believe in Gurbani and ignore it at the same point?

Believing that meditating on Naam is the best way to achieve good karma isn’t a false belief.

I agree but this is not the subject. What is the basis of birth and different lifestyle if past karma has no significance?

I think Gurbani is saying that your past mistakes, from this life, can be erased if you enshrine yourself within the Naam. If a thief changes his ways and starts meditating on the Naam, then he too can achieve jivan mukhti.

Stating “I think” makes it clear that you lack confidence in Gurbani. Your statement is false again just like all others. Gurbani is clear when it says ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਕਾਟੇ ਕਾਗਰ ॥ It refers to all previous lives not just this one. In case of this life only it would not have word “Janam” twice and it would be singular instead of plural. Anyone can change their karma by following Gurmat but this does not negate the fact that past karma serves as the basis for many events of present life. There is a famous sakhi of a Sikh of Guru Nanak Sahib who due to sangat was able to reduce his karma from death sentence to just a mere bruise. It is written in Guru Nanak Chamatkaar by Bhai Veer Singh. You can study Gurmat Karam Philosophy by Bhai Randhir Singh.

I think I am going to stop replying to you now. It’s clear that you don’t have the answer. You are just beating around the bush. You also have a tendency to get mad when your views are questioned. This isn’t becoming of someone with high spirituality. Remember that anger is one of the 5 evils.

What a way to run away when you have no answers. I never claimed to be of a high spirituality. I have given you direct answers. You are the one who keeps arguing while at the same time admitting to have no evidence. A believer of Gurmat knows Gurbani and provides a reference to it whereas you have presented no shabad to prove that past karma plays no role in present life. And when confronted with Gurbani you attempted to ignore it. I guess you can keep living in your bubble. Guru Rakha