Why Are People Born Disabled?

RebelSingh

Sherdil, you make the most common mistake of saying how can God be fair when so many disasters take place to people who you say are innocent. I am not saying they are innocent or they deserved it.

I'm give you a example that we both agree to a certain degree. We both know gravity is the law and the truth. You jump and you will come back down because of gravity. Jump off of a bridge and the body will go splat. This is the law of the earth. No one can say this won't happen. Anyone that does not accept this, simply is crazy. Now lets look at Gurbani. Gurbani is the law and truth of what God is and how to reach God. This law and truth cannot be denied by anyone. Sri Mool Mantar Sahib says Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is without fear and without hatred. These two attributes clearly tell us that Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is fair. Very quickly a Sikh should learn that Gurbani is THE truth. In order to try to understand this truth I need to become content with this truth. If i am not content, then i can't progress is understanding Gurbani. Just how someone is not content with the law of gravity, they can't progess on understanding gravity further. You will be constantly fight the truth, where you will lose every time. Once your mind has given up fighting against Gurbani and said finally....Gurbani is the truth, then you can begin contemplating over Gurbani. Reading your post, you clearly show that you are fighting against Gurbani. If you keep fighting then you will constantly get grieve in your life. Anger will always take over and your ego will always drag you to deny Gurbani and accept self-made theories, which have no Gurbani support.

Karma are hard to understand because then we need to talk about Hukam. Hukam of Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj can't be understood. It needs to be experienced. When Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj created every soul, which soul did bad or good? Who was given wealth and who was given poverty? Who did Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj love and who did he hate? Where did the soul of the person come from and where will it go? Who gave to receive and who took to be taken? Is one soul different from another? Who created good and bad? Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj created this mystery where only a few get to understand in a life time. Ever thought........if everything is created in Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj, then what gets destroyed? Before you answer ask yourself what needs to be destroyed? Can't a evil person be turned into a Saint in a split second. Can't a bad deed be erased? When creation gets absorbed back into Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj, then what is left to exist?

The disease is ignorance and the cure is Gurbani. My mind is very young and very ignorant of Gurbani; the truth. However with Satguru's kirpa i have become content with Gurbani.

Why are some born disabled? A million reasons can be given, but the mind will not be satisfied. Only thing that will satisfy the mind is doing Naam Simran. Sometimes not having an answer is actually bowing to Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj in the most beautiful and humble way. Don't need to chase, when the time is right Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj presents all knowledge.

Nirbbou and Nirvair. This means without fear and without rival. Vair means rival, not hatred. God has no rival.

I'm not fighting gurbani. I think some people on here are misinterpreting it. Gurbani doesn't say what what you will come back as. It just says you will come back. I can't understand why some people can't just leave it at that. Why do you guys have to make up these grand theories to make sense of something that even gurbani doesn't try to explain?

Nirbbou and Nirvair. This means without fear and without rival. Vair means rival, not hatred. God has no rival.

I'm not fighting gurbani. I think some people on here are misinterpreting it. Gurbani doesn't say what what you will come back as. It just says you will come back. I can't understand why some people can't just leave it at that. Why do you guys have to make up these grand theories to make sense of something that even gurbani doesn't try to explain?

In post #65 on this thread, I posted Gurbani that clearly tells you what people come back as in certain situations. Yet you continue to deny it. I get the impression that your sharda lies in science and not in Bani. But you need to realise that there are may areas which science has not yet thoroughly investigated, such as reincarnation. so instead of saying and pretending that nothing happens, why not accept the word of your Guru?

ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ ॥

ਜੋ ਮੈ ਕੀਆ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਜਨਾ ॥21॥

Dadda: Do not blame anyone else; blame instead your own actions.

Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else. ||21||

This Gurbani pankti leaves no doubt as to the effect of past karma on our present. So that's it...problemo solved

Do not ignore this sherdil veerji...

Thank you SunSingh ji. I apologize for not reading your previous post. This is what I was looking for.

What is this really saying to us?

Snakes covet wealth?

Prostitutes are lustful (okay)

Pigs love their children?

Goblins live in mansions? Has anyone ever seen a goblin?

At the end Trilochan says that people who have God on their minds are not reincarnated. Someone who has merged their mind with God, (a Jivan Mukht) always has God on their minds. They do not become attached to wealth, lust, family, mansions, and other illusions of Maya.

I don't think we should get caught up in the literal meanings that poets use (gurbani is a poem). Rather, the meaning is only discovered under the surface, when the piece is analyzed in its entirety.

EDIT: In my humble opinion, such references should be treated in the same way as references to Hindu deities. They are a means to an end. Often used to demonstrate a point, but not to be taken literally.

ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ ॥

ਜੋ ਮੈ ਕੀਆ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਜਨਾ ॥21॥

Dadda: Do not blame anyone else; blame instead your own actions.

Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else. ||21||

This Gurbani pankti leaves no doubt as to the effect of past karma on our present. So that's it...problemo solved

Do not ignore this sherdil veerji...

don' ignore this sherdil bro

and im pretty sure Nirvair means without hatred...

If you know even a little bit of understanding of Ik Onkar, then you would understand that Akal Purakh is without fear and without hatred.

If Vair means rival, then how would you translate this tuk:

vYr ivroD imty iqh mn qy ]

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

Is Guru Sahib repeating the same attribute here twice using two words meaning the samething? If you still disagree with Nirvair meaning without hatred, then do some explanation on without hatred for us in regards to Akal Purakh. Make sure you provide Gurbani shabads to back up your understanding. Also explain to us what causes rival. Remember Akal Purakh is free of the 5 vices and Sri Mool Mantar tell us that Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is free of the five vices.

I'm not fighting gurbani. I think some people on here are misinterpreting it. Gurbani doesn't say what what you will come back as. It just says you will come back.

Im glad you accept reincarnation (come back). However Gurbani does say what we come back as. Bhai Sahib do you understand what Sat means when it is added to Guru? That Guru which is Sat (true), will never say anything that is false or mythical or this Guru's words will never be just poetry (to get a message across). All history which Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj refers to took place in this world and whatever Satguru says will take place to so and so will happen. If today SatGuru comes and tells das that he will suffer for many lifes as an ant. Then these words that are true will take place. Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is not just another Guru, but thee Guru; Satguru. Hence i add Satguru to stress this very important point to the readers here.

I can't understand why some people can't just leave it at that. Why do you guys have to make up these grand theories to make sense of something that even gurbani doesn't try to explain?

Tomorrow a person may come along and say mukti, which you believe in is not to be taken literally. Mukti is a metaphor and means a person is at peace in this world and will just die a peaceful death. Also they will say atma (soul) is not to be take literally and is just a metaphor to say the mind is the soul. Gurbani is written in a poetry format, but is not just poetry. If it is just poetry, then there is no Ik Onkar because another person named Richard Dawkins says there is no such thing and people just need to explain what they don't and can't understand by believing in a nonexisting being

Don't get caught up in trying to make sense of Gurbani with what you know now. Keep learning and you will understand the depth and infinite knowledge of truth.

I am personally suffering from a hearing disability as i was born pre-mature.. however, in addition to that, i also had 2 life threatening surgeries at ages of day 1 and 19 yrs. in between those 19 years, i was always weak and remained thin... soon, i was diagnosed with anemia and my small intestines were infused with bacteria at the age of 17.. it was a life threatening surgery and thus, the doctor tried 2 yrs to treat with medication (i gotta say i was hospitalized atleast 10 times)... and my small intestine issue was gone after my surgery with the kirpa of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.. but yes, i am still suffering from hearing disability and my parents have also suffered and have had a hard time due to my health issues... my dad is always saying we are being punished for our past deeds... but at the same time, we try to do good deeds and do seva everywhere... and i am always counting my blessings b/c even if i suffered for 19 years and have a hearing disability, Guru Gobind Singh Ji has blessed me with such a great family with well supporting parents, uncles, aunts, and cousins... i know people have suffered more than i have... but its all about your past deeds ..but folks, never forget your blessings even small ones such as having a roof over your head, having a car, having parents, and getting 3 square meals a day!

Thank you SunSingh ji. I apologize for not reading your previous post. This is what I was looking for.

Snakes covet wealth?

At the end Trilochan says that people who have God on their minds are not reincarnated. Someone who has merged their mind with God, (a Jivan Mukht) always has God on their minds. They do not become attached to wealth, lust, family, mansions, and other illusions of Maya.

I don't think we should get caught up in the literal meanings that poets use (gurbani is a poem). Rather, the meaning is only discovered under the surface, when the piece is analyzed in its entirety.

EDIT: In my humble opinion, such references should be treated in the same way as references to Hindu deities. They are a means to an end. Often used to demonstrate a point, but not to be taken literally.

Snakes covet wealth?

nowhere does the shabad say things like snakes covet wealth etc. rather it says what people will come back as in their next janam depending on the kind of thoughts they have.

I am personally suffering from a hearing disability as i was born pre-mature.. however, in addition to that, i also had 2 life threatening surgeries at ages of day 1 and 19 yrs. in between those 19 years, i was always weak and remained thin... soon, i was diagnosed with anemia and my small intestines were infused with bacteria at the age of 17.. it was a life threatening surgery and thus, the doctor tried 2 yrs to treat with medication (i gotta say i was hospitalized atleast 10 times)... and my small intestine issue was gone after my surgery with the kirpa of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.. but yes, i am still suffering from hearing disability and my parents have also suffered and have had a hard time due to my health issues... my dad is always saying we are being punished for our past deeds... but at the same time, we try to do good deeds and do seva everywhere... and i am always counting my blessings b/c even if i suffered for 19 years and have a hearing disability, Guru Gobind Singh Ji has blessed me with such a great family with well supporting parents, uncles, aunts, and cousins... i know people have suffered more than i have... but its all about your past deeds ..but folks, never forget your blessings even small ones such as having a roof over your head, having a car, having parents, and getting 3 square meals a day!

Glad to see you're strong Singh :) . Also, happy you understand the posts here are not alienating and judging disabled people.