Shooting At Wisconsin Sikh Temple (Gurdwara)

singher23

Perhaps the reason why mainstream American society hasn't got a clue about Sikhs is because American Sikhs haven't contributed to American society (aside from paying taxes) like say how the Sikhs who moved to Britain in the middle of the last century, i.e. the whole WWII thing, Sikhs striving for their rights during the 70s and 80s, etc? Just a theory. Of course doesn't mean we should be gunned down but it helps to a have visible positive presence in such a large country such as the U.S.

Perhaps the reason why mainstream American society hasn't got a clue about Sikhs is because American Sikhs haven't contributed to American society (aside from paying taxes) like say how the Sikhs who moved to Britain in the middle of the last century, i.e. the whole WWII thing, Sikhs striving for their rights during the 70s and 80s, etc? Just a theory. Of course doesn't mean we should be gunned down but it helps to a have visible positive presence in such a large country such as the U.S.

While I appreciate your deep insights into the American Sikh community as you sit thousands of miles away, now is not the time to say how little contributions we have made into American society.

Also, chill with all the anti American statements. Yes this country has its problems, but I am still proud to call myself a Sikh American and always will be

While I appreciate your deep insights into the American Sikh community as you sit thousands of miles away, now is not the time to say how little contributions we have made into American society.

Also, chill with all the anti American statements. Yes this country has its problems, but I am still proud to call myself a Sikh American and always will be

Fair enough but nothing 'anti-US' in my statement at all. But yeah I'm sure discussions such as these can be held at another time.

6 AUG, 2012, 12.48AM IST, PTI

US Gurudwara shooting: Punjab CM Parkash Singh Badal asks US authorities to ensure sanctity of shrines

CHANDIGARH: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today described as "deeply painful and shocking" the attack by gunmen on devotees at a Gurudwara in the US and urged the authorities there to ensure that the sanctity of religious shrines is maintained.

Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal is monitoring the situation in New Delhi and will take up the issue with the Union Government, an official spokesman said here tonight.

The incident of firing in Gurdwara in Oak Creek is "deeply painful, shocking and highly condemnable". The Chief Minister has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to intervene in the matter immediately and ask the US authorities to ensure security of devotees and the sanctity of the religious shrines all across America, the spokesman said.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com