Shooting At Wisconsin Sikh Temple (Gurdwara)

singher23

Exactly. When I first heard the news of a shooting in a Sikh temple, my first thought was that it was between committee memebers or something. The fact that I even thought of that just shows how out of hand everything has become.

As another note, I know this is early to say, and some may say it is insensitive, but Guruji told us everything for a reason, and that includes us arming ourselves. We are forgetting everything guruji has told us

Also, thank god for the police officer who took him down. He is expected to survive, and I really hope the gurdwara will present him with a siropa when he is recovered

good points bro

Also, thank god for the police officer who took him down. He is expected to survive, and I really hope the gurdwara will present him with a siropa when he is recovered

That police man is a real hero. I think we as a Kaum should give him all the honours he truly deserve. Vaheguru Bless him!

Yup, glad police officer survived, sure he would be considered Shaheed had he lived. He kind of putting his life on the line for Sikhism there.

Also, anyone a lil weary of how the official stance is one shooter but so many seem to reported four? Or am I going to conspiracy like ...

http://www.infowars.com/eyewitness-4-man-team-behind-sikh-temple-shooting/

You know they still haven't released any information on the attacker is their a possibility it could be some one from our own community?

No, I read somewhere that he is a white guy. They described him as a stocky guy, with a shaved head, and he was wearing a sleeveless shirt. Probably a skinhead. I forget where I read it.

I'm so sick and tired of people mixing us up with Muslims. I mean, how come gurdwaras are always targeted? Even when the sign in front clearly says "SIKH TEMPLE". Don't they know how to read? Honestly, I've never heard of anyone attacking a mosque. It's always a gurdwara. It doesn't make sense.

PS: I'm not saying attacking a mosque is okay.

No, I read somewhere that he is a white guy. They described him as a stocky guy, with a shaved head, and he was wearing a sleeveless shirt. Probably a skinhead. I forget where I read it.

I'm so sick and tired of people mixing us up with Muslims. I mean, how come gurdwaras are always targeted? Even when the sign in front clearly says "SIKH TEMPLE". Don't they know how to read? Honestly, I've never heard of anyone attacking a mosque. It's always a gurdwara. It doesn't make sense.

PS: I'm not saying attacking a mosque is okay.

Yea I've read that too but police still aren't giving any information at all. I really wanna know and what was his motive behind this horrible act. Yea your right about targeting Sikhs. After 9/11 here in Seattle, Washington so many taxi drivers were beaten because dumb white people just associate Sikhs with Muslims because they were turbans. Just because few Muslims have commited a sin doesn't mean that the rest of the world should be punished for their actions. At our Gurdwara couple years back some white folks broke into it in the middle of the night, your right they don't read the sign. Idiots.

I mean if it turns out to be a someone from our community it's going to be so disgraceful because here were thinking it might be a white person and they attacked because they thought we are Muslims. I have this fear in my mind now. I hope and pray to God for those who were killed and injured and all of the Wisconsin Sikh community.

WJK WJKF to all

This has truly been a sad day for our kaum where a lowlife with pure hatred in his thoughts and no concern for human life who(according to what I have heard) was able to walk right into the Wisconsin Gurudwara and open fire. He accomplished what he came to do and what troubles me most is how easily he was able to achieve his inhumane goal. When i first heard of the shooting, like many have mentioned before, the first thing that came to my mind was that there was probably an internal fight between the sangat or the committee members which is also incredibly sad.

I'm not sure if the rest of you agree but did anyone else stop and think why our Gurudwaras are left so vulnerable? Anyone can walk in and start something with things as they are now in the majority of the temples we have especially in the states. In most of them, it's just the bazurg granthis alone with a few fellow singhs and that's it running the place. Don't you think that before committee members keep opening more and more Gurudwaras for their selfish purposes that we as the youth should be able to offer protection for the ones that exist first? What has happened to the "warrior" in our religion? What saddened me most is that I heard some of the victims were the granthi and the kirtanis? These are the very people who help give light to our path and guide us when we're lost so if someone can shed some light on that, it would be much appreciated. In my local Gurudwara, there were elections recently and the people running hired kalas for protection and other Gurudwaras are following the same trend--keeping kalas up at the front in case anyone interferes or causes any disturbances. While it's nice to see them so joyful & happy serving the Gurudwara, why can't we fend for ourselves and protect the palace of our beloved Maharaja? All I see are big bellied uncles, chubby aunties, or stick-like figures that look like all life has been drained from them. I don't want to judge but barely any of them appear physically active and this is my motivation for working out and trying to get as strong as possible through training and martial arts so when things like this happen, I can do anything I can to put myself to use and even if I fail, at least I know I tried in some way serving my Guru. Additionally, where are our shastars…we keep these low quality blunt blades up at the front on the golak area "out of reach" in case of an incident..and for what? I honestly think there should be a minimum of two young singh pehredaars at each front entrance of our Guru Ghars. Someone was able to enter our Guru's house today and open fire and what did we do? What can we even do? Do we just simply allow it to happen? Do we stand by and let our few fellow real singhs and kaurs take the bullets while we run and hide? Or do we start taking measures to do this seva for Guru Sahib. I'd really like it if the money from the self-centered committees actually went to purposes that actually benefit the Gurudwara like security or real martial arts clubs instead of watered down gatka or quality shastars along with people who know how to use them. When I walk into a Gurudwara I often wonder what the old days were like and how the tyaar bar tyaar singhs stood guard proudly by Guru Ji 24/7 reciting Gurbani, armed, and awake throughout the night but today, the environment is completely different. Everything's become about the money and we're becoming more of the "peaceful" type which is good in a way but there is a time to draw a weapon and that time was today and nobody was there to do anything about it. We needed the honored police officer who shot the killer and SWAT team to come in and do the job for us. Where was our responsibility to our Guru? It's a two way relationship. I know people hold these youth meetings and discuss these issues in depth but after a while like someone mentioned in this or the other thread about the shooting, everyone forgets about it. Don't let it happen again. Lets take the next step together as the sikhsangat of the world. I am well aware that there a few faults in what I've written so please forgive me. I just wanted to get the general message across and attempt to motivate ourselves. If I have mentioned anything disrespectful , please let me know and I apologize for it in advance. Also, if you have any suggestions as to how differences can be made, please do share. WJK WJKF