Sign in to follow this  
JSinghnz

Have The Sikhs In America Failed To Raise Awareness About Sikhi To Americans

Or are the Americans too dumb to understand

simple things like Muslims and Sikhs are different.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Please give youar views and answers so that we all

learn someting for benefit of Sikhs worldwide.

No Americans aren't dumb but this question is very dumb. I presume this is in relation the shooting in Wisconsin. Well why would you say that, would it be ok to shoot innocent muslims in a mosque?

In many threads you ask questions like what is being done about this that and the other but never provide a solution yourself. Or what you have done.

Also I think more people in US know about Sikhi than in NZ. So worry about your own backyard and don't base your assumptions of a whole nation on a couple of nutjobs.

No Americans aren't dumb but this question is very dumb. I presume this is in relation the shooting in Wisconsin. Well why would you say that, would it be ok to shoot innocent muslims in a mosque?

In many threads you ask questions like what is being done about this that and the other but never provide a solution yourself. Or what you have done.

Also I think more people in US know about Sikhi than in NZ. So worry about your own backyard and don't base your assumptions of a whole nation on a couple of nutjobs.

When you learn to read, you will understand the question.

I am asking for views and answers. And we are keeping New Zealanders

well aware about Sikhi, so don't worry your little mind

over it.

much more aware about Sikh

Please give youar views and answers so that we all

learn someting for benefit of Sikhs worldwide.

I can read please learn to spell correctly. (BTW it ain't a typo as u, a and r are not next too one another).

When you learn to read, you will understand the question.

I am asking for views and answers. And we are keeping New Zealanders

well aware about Sikhi, so don't worry your little mind

over it.

much more aware about Sikh

Please help the American brothers by sharing what you New Zealanders are doing and enlighten us all so we can take on board your efforts.

Also ' much more aware about Sikh '. I do not understand as it does not make sense.

Well there are a lot more different ethnicities in the USA than the UK and Canada. In America the biggest minority group is hispanics whereas in the UK it's South Asians. Plus the UK is more familiar with Sikhs because we've been here in big numbers since the 60s and before that you had the British in India.

We haven't succeeded or failed, it's simply an ongoing process.

http://www.cnn.com/v...inder-singh.cnn

Check this out ^^

im not gonna lie guys, jus lookin at that well spoken singh, any gorah wud think he a muslim, coz of his dhamalla style pagh, its very pathan in lookin isnt it. These yanks have been fed so many images of ayatollah n afghan rebels over the yrs, u can c y at first glance they shout "bin laden", but again, that doesnt excuse the fact that as sikhs we r 2 blame 4 not bringin n makin r religion more famous/well-known. But these gorahs need 2 educate em selves 2, and the media is tool, which need 2 help us, coz they,as seen the other day, made huge amounts of mistakes on air, with their comments.

This is what is wrong with our Sikh community people just start fighting over minor things when we have bigger issues to deal with. Maybe we should first clear the differences amongst ourself first and then go out preaching about Sikhi. No Americans aren't dumb and it's kind of offensive since being an American myself. I know a lot of whites and african americans that know a lot about Sikhi and respect and admires the boldness Sikhi represents.Some people are ignorant and that's just not in the US but all over the US. I'm sure there's alot of Indian parents when they see a black person they just start assuming they are probably some druggie or a thief. This is just our society. We can't just expect others to learn and know about Sikhi we as Sikhs need to take that initative. And it's not going to be possible if we all keep fighting amongst ourselves rather than ignorance.

• Like 2

Also I have noticed couple of times that other places where there might be more Sikhs they feel that they have been more successful at educating Non-Sikhs about Sikhi and then they start pointing fingers at others. Instead of doing that rather share ideas of how and why you all have been more successfull with educating others about Sikhi. We're suppose to be working as one.

Please help the American brothers by sharing what you New Zealanders are doing and enlighten us all so we can take on board your efforts.

BUMP!

Sometimes I think it doesnt need us to go into too much detail. All we need to say is 'Sikhs are not Muslims', period.

If all us Sikhs went on as many sites as they could around the world ie Sikh websites, facebook pages, chat sites like this, twitter etc posting the simple words 'Sikhs are not Muslims' everything would be fixed overnight.

I'm sick of the fact that Muslims commited the 9/11 acts in America and the 7/7 acts in England and we Sikhs are taking all the flack!! Just as an individual needs to take responsibility for their own actions so do religions need to take responsibility for their own actions and history. Otherwise their is no incentive for that religion to sort out the mess it created or apologise for the mistakes it's made. It's up to the Muslims to sort out their own mess. SIkhs didn't commit 9/11 or 7/7, Muslims did. Nothing bad us going to happen to the muslims if we make it clear that we Sikhs are not Muslims as most Muslims don't wear turbans or have uncut hair anyway. So, we are not even doing the Muslims any favours by living a lie by effectively joining in this whole facade of not making it clear that we Sikhs are not Muslims.

• Like 1