Are We Really A Marshal Community?

samosasingh

Are we martial?

http://www.info-sikh.com/JJPage1.html

Are we martial?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-india-16027179

Are we martial?

40 Singhs against 1 million Mughals at the battle of Chamkaur!

There's no doubt we are martial Mehtab Singh ji. The majority of South Asians who fought and died against British imperialism were Sikhs. The Sikh contingent is one of the most highly decorated contingents in the Indian army. We are over-represented in the Indian military. Not bad for a community that only makes up 2 percent of India's population.

What do you mean here? Kindly , elaborate. What I'm saying is just pure facts. Recorded facts with manuscript support.....

Auzer bro, since you are on a Sikh forum, I should explain to you what Mehtab Veer is saying. In Sikhism we believe that once a person reaches full spiritual enlightenment they become Brahmgianis. And Brahmgiani means, Brahm- world/universe Gian-knowledge. So we believe, Bhai Gurdas ji, Kavi Santokh Singh ji, Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale, Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale were all brahmgianis. In Gurbani, specifically Sukhmani Sahib this is explained in great depth. To us Sikhs, accounts of such enlightened beings are much much more accurate than of some PhD "scholar."

Muslim citizens of the state payed "Zakkah" while non-Muslims payed "Jizya" .... So? In mediveal culture...this was a very humane example of taxation...ALL citizens paid same amounts...but just different name and different timing....

Jizya wasn't "unfair" by the standard of the time..it is just that now we have developed way more advance taxation systems.....

Bro if u believe that zakkah tax and jizya were equal then pigs might fly and Muslims might be allowed to eat pork.

Jizya was ten times higher than taxes paid by Muslims and thats why all the rich castes were actually the first to convert to Islam.

Who needs Sufi's when discriminatory taxes and forced conversions did the main job of converting Punjabi Hindu's pretty effectively?

Imagine if African Americans all paid 25% tax and WASPS paid 2.5%.

Pretty soon every town+village would have hundreds of Michael Jacksons.

And then they could claim they straightened there hair and had nose ops not due to racism but due to the influence of Sufi's

Auzer bro, since you are on a Sikh forum, I should explain to you what Mehtab Veer is saying. In Sikhism we believe that once a person reaches full spiritual enlightenment they become Brahmgianis. And Brahmgiani means, Brahm- world/universe Gian-knowledge. So we believe, Bhai Gurdas ji, Kavi Santokh Singh ji, Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale, Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale were all brahmgianis. In Gurbani, specifically Sukhmani Sahib this is explained in great depth. To us Sikhs, accounts of such enlightened beings are much much more accurate than of some PhD "scholar."

Well I can understand that part...but my point was....what those "accounts" have to say? What did all these men said about Islam/Muslim/Muhammad (SAW) ? Even if they criticized..then no problem...I'll be eagerly waiting to read what they had to say....