Asking For Forgiveness?

Guest Unknown

The main reason for doing the wrong things is ignorance of what is right.

Once someone asked a Mahapurukh, how to know what is sin, and what is virtue, and the answer given to the questioner in simple words was : Anything which takes you towards Wahiguru is virtue and perfectly right, and anything which takes you away from Him, is a sin...as simple as that.

We(our souls) are all under the influence of mind, and the mind is under the control of the senses(kam, krodh, lobh, moh & ahankar), which constnatly run after pleasures.

Mind is thus jumping like a monkey from one thing to another...one wish has hardly been fulfilled...he is already making many more of them ....so naturally when we die, we shall get the right envoirements from the nature to get those unsatisfied desires fulfilled.

So in a way, these actions, these desires, are the cause of our entanglement in the mayavee creation, which is "mithiyaa", which is perishable....so we are trapped in the cycle of eigthy four.

To get the key for permanent freedom, we have to reverse the process mentioned above, is first of all, to settle the mind at one place and get our souls free from the clutches of mind and maya.

If we look around ourselves, and even if our sight reached the farther regions or dimensions, there is nothing as such which is superior and stronger enough to defeat the mind ....not even the gods, devis, devtaas, angles...etc.

So naturally the question may arise, then what is there left which can help us to defeat the mind and release our souls?

Well, according to the Bani, Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj in Raag Gauree Guaarayree gives us the following remedies:

Naam Rathae Man Niramal Hoe
Attuned to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, the mind becomes immaculate.

He says, merge yourself in Nam Simran, dye yourself with Nam, then your mind will stop doing any nonsense, to the extent that it will get purified and become totally inmaculate. Once the mind also tastes the Amrit of Nam, its belly become heavy, like when a rat given poison, it sits down quitely at one place, and looses its grip over the soul.

So we must bear in mind, Nam is the only medicine, the only weapon to defeat the mind, there is no other weapon in the Triloki creation, which can defeat the mind totally forever. No jap, no tap, no poojas, no paaths, no fastings ....all of these things are under the spheres of maya, mind and kaal...

Wahiguru and His Nam, is the only supreme power to subdue and vanquish mind and kaal.

Sathigur Saeviai Soothak Jaae
Serving the True Guru, pollution is eradicated

Then He says, serving the Guru, the pollution is erradicated.

Which Guru is He reffering to?

As the Bani says: Shabad Guru, Surat dhun chela. Guru hae Bani, Bani hae Guru, vich Bani Amrit saaray. So what is this serving the Guru? Who serves this Guru?

As we have just seen, the surtee , the soul is the disciple, the "chela", and the Shabad is the Guru. And thus, serving this Guru, is doing Nam Simran, and joining our surtee with this Shabad Guru, and merge in Him. This Guru does not want anything from us, neither expects anything from us, He just wants our love and devotion, so that He may get and excuse to shower us with His Daya Meher, to wash our dirt and make us one with Him

Marai N Janamai Kaal N Khaae
And then, one does not suffer death and rebirth, or get devoured by death.

Then what happens, when one joins one´s surtee with the Shabad Guru?

As that Shabad Guru is Akal, so we merging in Him, this makes us also Akal like Him without any distinction. And Akal means, we shall not be born again in mother´s womb, thus we become deathless. Because death only ocurrs, when we are born.

Even the gods in swarg or baikunth are not spared when Parlay or Mahaparlay take place.

On the other side, if we take the best choice in human life, in following Gurmat with practice, not just mere theory, then as the Bani says: Nanak, Nam, jahaaz hae.

Means, by attaching ourselves to Nam, this very Nam, ferries us towards the other side of the Maha Bhavsagar, in Sach Khand, there where is Satnam, there where Parlay ...Maha Parlay, never ever reach.

This is the greatness of Gurmat, of His Gurmukhs, and Wahiguru Akal Purukh Himself, who is the "Kartar" of everything.

Because not a single leaf on a tree can move, without His Hukum.

Wah wah Saachay Patshah.

Forgiveness from Akal Purukh, is not like a magician stick, that He wavers and we get it just like that.

Everything has a procedure, means in the right way .

There is a procedure to ask something, and through that very procedure, we get it.

With words we get nothing, with actions we get fruits. The same applies in our relation with Wahiguru Akal Purukh

Sachay Badshah Sree Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, beautifully tells us about this procedure in His Ambrosial Bani of Sukhmani Sahib.

He says:

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਕੋਟਿ ਪਾਪ ਖੋਵੈ

Har Kaa Naam Kott Paap Khovai

हरि का नामु कोटि पाप खोवै

The Name of the Lord erases millions of sins.

ਐਸਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਮਨ ਰੰਗਿ

Aisaa Naam Japahu Man Rang

ऐसा नामु जपहु मन रंगि

Chant such a Name with love, O my mind.

He is saying, if you want forgiveness, attach yourself to His Nam, by doing its Simran with love within your mind.

To get something, do something. Even a baby, to get the feed of milk from the mother, cries in hunger.

Though the Bakshish, the merciful glance from Wahiguru is much much more than our feeble efforts, but even for that, we have to give Him an excuse, so that He may shower us with His Grace, which cleanses our impurities and strenghtens our faith, love and devotion in Him.

Sat Sree Akal.

Guest Gupt Sewa

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh,

Daas would like to ask to all seeking help in the previous posts, who are you seeking forgiveness from? God? Yourself?

If you've done something you regret, Vaheguroo is Dayala (compassionate) and forgiving.

When you do something bad (a Paap), Vaheguroo is not the Biblical vengance type who holds a grudge, be mad at you and punish you. If anything, Vaheguroo has already forgiven you.

The impact of committing a Paap is the impact it has on you.

The actions committed have an impact on your Jeevan, your Karam, in this life and the next.

So, Daas's humble advice would be to Jaap Naam (Vaheguroo), change your Jeevan for the better, do as much Sewa as possible, change your Sangat to Gursikhs and reflect inwards.

Don't beat yourself up, we're all human. We make mistakes. You may never forgive yourself.

However, it's about truly making the effort to avoid repeating the same errors.

Hope this helps.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

this is my first post here first time here on this site looking for help

im goign throgh depression i cant sleep im full of angar

i think im goign through major depression the reason cuz i lost my love

my long relationship ended because of education diffrence her pqarents didnt accept me

because i dont have any degree its been almost year i didnt even get any sleep for the last one year maybe more

all i do is think think my thinking is geting negative day by day i dont like anything i dont enjoy my self i dont even feel like eating i feel like suiceide my self should kill my life i hate to think back on it i got violent i start throwing stuff

i broke my new iphone i just had a accident last week i went through red light i dont know whats happeing

i feel like killing somebody my mind just cant stop thinking the things i did in the past i use to be a bad kid

i grew up in bay area start dating in my high school year and slept with random girls in my early age

from my point of view im karma is geting back to me cuz i done so many bad thing in past

When the nights are long and i can't sleep for all the sadness of a past left unresolved; i cannot p the future squarely and move on it's likely that i am in the grip of anxiety and inertia i lost all my friend circle i have no body to share my feeling

should i do paath i use to do before i quit long time ago dont feel liek doing even though i came from sikh family i dont even like going to gurdwara when i go i dont feel relax before i use to go i se to listen to kirtan katha and i alwaya do sewa not anymore its like guru nanak dev ji dont want me to come to his house cuz my diary is full of sin and takign advanatge of other

how can i confess my sins to guru ji

i feel like going somewherei walk outside at 1 clock at night

somebody say read chaupayi sahib

need help

• 11 months later...
Guest deepu

i am 23,wahegurur ji ka khalsa , waheguru ji ki fateh.i have done 1 great sin. the guilt for that sin is killing me. i have a boyfriend whome i a going to marry in few years. but i had a friend snc childhood. i dint tell him about my boyfriend. he used to send me money and i used to waste thatmoney on my frnds and myself. but when he came to knw about my bf , now he is torturing me for money, i dont have money to repay him.and the guilt inside me is killing me. sometimes i think of ending this lifre too but, when i see my parents i drop that idea. please hlp me what should i do.i said sorry to that guy so many tyms but he says he needs all his money back. please help me

• 1 year later...
Guest Forgiveness
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2012 at 6:46 PM, SunSingh said:

sins are washed off through meditation on Naam and attendance in the satsangat. I guarantee you that peace lies down this road.

WE should believe that we are Sinners but not so great sinners that Vahiguru can not  forgive, There is no sin so big that it could not be forgiven. It is also a sign of ego -to consider one self so big a sinner that God can not forgive.

Jaisey barak Bhai subhai---lukh--kar updesh--jhirkey bahu--bahur pita gal lavey--pichhley augan bakhsh -prabh aagey marag pavey !!

Mai moorakh kee ketak baat hai--kot apradhi tari rey--Guru Nanak jin Sunia----(all forgiven)

JS

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Kaur 2

If you pray to Vaheguru from the heart and you focus on the True Naam, then God will forgive you. Just focus on what is important in life, not the small little things that will get you angry, live positively and just bear in mind how lucky you are to be born in a Sikh family. Learn about the Guru's history and you will find yourself a connection between you and Guru Sahib.

• This topic was locked and unlocked