Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reveal

Paranoid About Muslims

Guest Reveal

I'm paranoid about muslims. I don't hate them or anything. I wish I could trust them but I can't. The fact that they are muslim means that they are very likely to believe that as a non muslim, I am lesser and I am to be treated differently. This makes me feel that I cannot trust them. They probably think god hates me and I am doomed to hell. Christians believe this too but with muslims, they seem to be more bitter about it (maybe I am wrong about this part).

I just missed out on going on holiday to a beach with 3 muslim club members of mine due to the fact that I am paranoid about them. I chose to go with some other club members somewhere else (even though I would have rather gone to the beach) because of this paranoia and distrust. One of them (muslims) asked me you are going there (with the others) just because that other guy is going. I had to agree even though its not the case (maybe partly). It's more to do with that they are all muslims who I don't know too well and I think they will treat me different and say things behind my back or whatever.

Am I wrong to feel this way? It's embedded in me and I wish I could not think about it but it always comes up.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Me too. It's not hate (like racism) but just a rather strong sensation of wariness about their faith and its followers. I can't get past the fact that a true Muslim should aim to convert the kaffir to Islam even through deception.

I reckon it's a bit of residual from a previous life. :biggrin2: I can't explain it otherwise because my family never mentioned anything derogatory about any faith when I was growing up, i.e. people say kids pick-up vibes from adults when such issues are being discussed in the home, so there was no such talk in my home. I also never hung around with Panjabi people as a kid so it couldn't have been from peers and friends.

I've grown up around a lot of Paks and feel similar mistrust, but then my actions are based on prolonged, close contact with certain sullay. I don't think I am paranoid or over reacting.

That being said, I don't think every Muslim community are the same as Pakistanis (or at least the conspicuous negative elements amongst them).

Guest lone ranger

there are some sikhs I am paranoid about - everyone has their good and bad people, there are some muslims who I trust dearly and also some christians and jews each person must be judged on their own merits and the guru teaches us to see one in all and how can we do that if we discriminate in our outlook.

muslims have always been present in the sikh faith from Guru Nanaks time to the muslims who fought alongside Guru Gobind Singh Ji. The Guru was not against anyones religion, actually he accuses aurungzeb of going against muslim values and killing innocent children and that allah would never condone such a thing.

there are some great people out there from all faiths, don't become a racist it does not suit a SIkh. if certain individuals choose to act a certain way doesnt mean that you shoudl start acting the same way back to them and blame everyone in the process.

mirpuris r scumbags, end of ! other muslims r ok, bangalis r my fav type of asians 2 hang around with/trust (apart from apnay sikhs). Pakistani panjabis r very nice too, but in canada n america, most of the pakis r sindhis/panjabis/pathans, so u n.americans wont find em as untrustworthy, as dirty mirpuris. these mugs r truely shockin human beings, no 1 likes em!! so i wudnt say i have no trust in muslims, jus mirpuri kanjars

• Like 1

I used to have a lot of muslim friends in school. At first I believed they were amazing people very nice and caring. Always used to help me when I needed them. My best friend was a muslim. Then as time went by she became more and more strict. She would try to argue with me and tell me why Sikhi was wrong. Her and my other friends wouldn't directly do this but I felt like they considered me low. Although they wouldn't act like this around other white friends but when I was there I guess they supposed that I was "close to their culture" so they would openly talk about kaffirs in front of me. I don't say that all muslims are bad there are very very nice trustworthy ones. But this was my personal experience. But hanging out around them made me want to learn more about my religion made me come closer to sikhi so that I could answer their questions and retaliate on their words. So in conclusion, I thank those Muslim sisters because it was due to their criticisms that I become so much closer to my faith and Gurus. :biggrin2:

• Like 1

too many bad experiances with muslims. when i was a kid they spat on my mum cuz mum refused to accept their literature, every day in school we would face taunts on how dirty and unhyginic sikhs are... i really can go on and on. some people say "not all muslims are like that"... but i certainly remember, not 1 muslim ever stood by us in school.

that, in addition to everything else they do, peadophilia, rape etc.. (sikh awareness society knows better then i do)...

just dont like them.

i also know a number of young (in some cases VERY young) females who have been targetted by these abstards. I am particulalry worried for non muslim girls that are in predominantly muslim areas..... as my sisters grew up in such enviornments. vaheguru.

muslims are also generally protected by the media. when ever they do sex related / drug related / anti social crimes, the media always refers to them as asian.... even when they are plastered in blatent islamic signia. this is the case with much of the media inparticular the BBC.

• Like 3

too many bad experiances with muslims. when i was a kid they spat on my mum cuz mum refused to accept their literature, every day in school we would face taunts on how dirty and unhyginic sikhs are... i really can go on and on. some people say "not all muslims are like that"... but i certainly remember, not 1 muslim ever stood by us in school.

That's horrible. Especially the part where your mother got spat at.

Again and again, we see plenty of reasons why we need to get more Pakay in our Dharm. We need to build a culture of sending our children(including the monay ones) to Gurdwaray to get Santhiya and observe the Sikh lifestyle. Our children should be encouraged to do Paath daily and go to Gurdwara to do sangat and mingle with other Sikh children.

• Like 2

I'm reminded of Bhai Khanaiya when I think of my own shortcomings regarding issues such as these. Wish I could be as strong as Bhai Sahib. Too much stubborness on my part I guess. :blush2:

i go to a school with a large number of muslims. i have a few muslim friends, a lot of the muslims are racists and bigots. they will pick on other peoples religions and try put you down. if people start on their religion or question it they're at your throat. A few are ok people. Guess its all down to their muslim schools and the hate they preach there. i wouldnt say i'm paranoid, i just tend to be more wachful and careful around a group of them.

• Like 1

Guest Reveal

there are some sikhs I am paranoid about - everyone has their good and bad people, there are some muslims who I trust dearly and also some christians and jews each person must be judged on their own merits and the guru teaches us to see one in all and how can we do that if we discriminate in our outlook.

muslims have always been present in the sikh faith from Guru Nanaks time to the muslims who fought alongside Guru Gobind Singh Ji. The Guru was not against anyones religion, actually he accuses aurungzeb of going against muslim values and killing innocent children and that allah would never condone such a thing.

there are some great people out there from all faiths, don't become a racist it does not suit a SIkh. if certain individuals choose to act a certain way doesnt mean that you shoudl start acting the same way back to them and blame everyone in the process.

But you are missing the point. I am talking about Muslims not being trusted because of their inherent beliefs. Their core beliefs as we see today are that non muslims are kaffirs and that we will be sent to hell forever. Sikhs (and the eastern faiths) don't believe this. This belief by muslims and christians (I do believe muslims are more bitter about it) is going to make them treat a non muslim different, how will it not?

How does me stating this make me a racist. First of all Islam is not a race. Secondly, isn't their ideology (that non muslims are hell worthy) the biggest 'racist' thing in itself?

The muslims you talk about during Guru Jis times, I don't even consider them Muslims. They were more or less became Sikhs even if they didnt change their names or attire.

And again, as I said, I don't want to be feeling like this but I can't help it. Seems like others feel the same way.

But I have read some replys to my original post that are out of order. Don't turn this into a muslim bashing thread for the sake of it.

Guest Reveal

People let's not turn this into a 'how many muslims are bad' thread. This topic differs in a big way to this usual debate. My point is that the very belief that non muslims are worthy of hell fire and are cursed by god is going to make them act differently to you. They may be the nicest people you'll ever meet but my point is, is that if they believe this nonsense, at some level they are going to treat you in a biased way. Maybe even without knowing it. Are they not?

I trust Muslims much more than Nakali Nirankaris, Radha Soamis, Namdharis or any Dehdharis. However, if I ever come across a Muslim who tried to make me a Muslim I would just feel very sorry for them. One because it would tell me that they weren't grateful enough and contented enough just to be a Muslim themselves, and because they would just be wasting their time as I would never leave Sikhi.

I always feel sorry for people when they waste their time!!!

• Like 1