Sign in to follow this  
JSinghnz

Challenge And Expose The Pretenders

Veerji, just let it slide. Understand he is very young and has a lot to learn.

Before he learns anything else the first thing he needs to learn is respect. Even enemies of a high moral fibre show each other respect, as Sikhs we should aspire to be of the highest moral fibre there is. I have never said anything to anyone on this site but after seeing his behaviour and the way in which he disrupts perfectly good discussions and debates I decided to say something

• Like 1

ChuckSinghNorris and Only five

I understand your point of view. For a name (i.e. Harry) you wouldn't use 'the' in front of it. I agree. However, for a title, (and other descriptive type words) you would you 'the'.

Now the question is, 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji' a title or a name?...and what's wrong it being a title?

From what I understand, a simple translation would be...

Sri translates as Holy

Guru translates as Teacher

Granth translates as Scripture (a punjabi dictionary translates it as Book)

Sahib translates as Lord

Ji is honorific word used as a suffix

All of these words, (arguably not the word Granth) are words used in, or are, titles.

And a title, to me doesn't mean, my Guru is not living or is an object.

To Christians, Jesus is referred to as The Christ, The Son of God, The New Adam..etc, etc....so the use of a title wouldn't denote that a being is not living or is an object.

Anyways, apologies for side-tracking the thread.

Why is using the word 'The' such a problem? The King, The Queen, The President, The Teacher, The Leader, The Guru.

What's wrong with being grammatically correct?

Is the Queen an object? Is the Preseident an object?

gurudashere, imho, in this regard, you are talking nosense.

Thanks for hitting the nail on the head.

Thanks for hitting the nail on the head.

Atleast two other people have posted above to show that the use of the word 'the' is actually grammatically incorrect in its use in this context. You being an illiterate pud however can not see this.

I understand your point of view. For a name (i.e. Harry) you wouldn't use 'the' in front of it. I agree. However, for a title, (and other descriptive type words) you would you 'the'.

Now the question is, 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji' a title or a name?...and what's wrong it being a title?

Sri translates as Holy

Sahib translates as Lord

All of these words, (arguably not the word Granth) are words used in, or are, titles.

To Christians, Jesus is referred to as The Christ, The Son of God, The New Adam..etc, etc....so the use of a title wouldn't denote that a being is not living or is an object.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the name of mahraj just as Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was and as Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji was. They were not and are not referred to as 'the' Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji or 'the' Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Only those who see maharaj as an object would say 'the'

Sri translates as Holy

Sahib translates as Lord

What does Gobind mean in Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji? By your own stupidity (translation) this means that every Sikh name given to a Sikh is a title and every Sikh first name should be The and fill in the blank Singh/kaur. You have no argument here. Just admit when you're wrong.

Try to justify stupidity and the person just digs a bigger hole.

• Like 1

"When they step down they will not be called the queen or the president."

Err...yes, they are still refered to as the Queen or the President, especially in a historical context.

Even if the President steps down, he is still refered to as the President.

"objectifiable positions"?...lol...more nonsense.

You clearly don't have a clue about the correct use of grammar in the English language.

When the president steps down he is called the former president actually! It seems you don't have a clue about the use of grammer in the English language, you write as a freshie would speak, says it all really.

"When the president steps down he is called the former president actually!"

No they're not...haven't you ever watched an episode of 24?

LOL

"When the president steps down he is called the former president actually!"

No they're not...haven't you ever watched an episode of 24?

LOL

As only five veer said above, stop trying to justify your stupidity, all you are doing is making yourself look more stupid.