May Bhavani be helpful

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮਾਯਾ ਲਛਮੀ ਜੀ ਸਹਾਇ ॥

May Maya Laxmi be helpful

ਉਸਤਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮਾਯਾ ਲਛਮੀ ਜੀ ਕੀ ॥

The Praise of Sri Maya Laxmi

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਿਵਾਕਯ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦ ॥

From the blessed mouth of the Tenth King

This is the starting of Sri Sarbloh Granth

This has been discussed lots of times...Look upi the video by chardikala jatha where they do a Q&A sessiion on Marijuana and Sikhs... in the video it says in Nihang tradition the recipe for Shaheedi Degh was handed down by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj himself and the recipe should only consist of 5 leaves of cannabis to be added.

Comes down to whay you personally believe, the way I see it you just have a load of revisionist post 1800 ideoligy all of a sudden casting doubts and pointing fingers at Puratan maryada..there is enough evidence in the books written by the british as well as our own historical books such as Panth prakash, suraj parakash etc to clarify puratan maryada such as Jhatkaa, Shaheedi degh etc were common accepted practises amongst the Khalsa Fauj.

This has been discussed lots of times...Look upi the video by chardikala jatha where they do a Q&A sessiion on Marijuana and Sikhs... in the video it says in Nihang tradition the recipe for Shaheedi Degh was handed down by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj himself and the recipe should only consist of 5 leaves of cannabis to be added.

Comes down to whay you personally believe, the way I see it you just have a load of revisionist post 1800 ideoligy all of a sudden casting doubts and pointing fingers at Puratan maryada..there is enough evidence in the books written by the british as well as our own historical books such as Panth prakash, suraj parakash etc to clarify puratan maryada such as Jhatkaa, Shaheedi degh etc were common accepted practises amongst the Khalsa Fauj.

I don't doubt jhatka, but I caste doubt on bhang being consumed for purposes other than medicinal use. It's an intoxicant so it shouldn't be referred to as degh imo.

Yet again, I haven't read Panth Prakash or Suraj Parkash. Something that I want to do.

I don't doubt jhatka, but I caste doubt on bhang being consumed for purposes other than medicinal use. It's an intoxicant so it shouldn't be referred to as degh imo.

Yet again, I haven't read Panth Prakash or Suraj Parkash. Something that I want to do.

define intoxicant?

read puraatan granths...it will open your eyes...make sure you read them with a open mind and dont let these do-gooders tell you its fake and wrong before you even read them...thats the mistake i made

define intoxicant?

read puraatan granths...it will open your eyes...make sure you read them with a open mind and dont let these do-gooders tell you its fake and wrong before you even read them...thats the mistake i made

Yes, he should read puraatan Granths, but may I add to your point that he should also read it with the touchstone of Gurbani. Accept only that which is in accordance to Gurbani and filter out anything that contradicts Gurbani.

Yes, he should read puraatan Granths, but may I add to your point that he should also read it with the touchstone of Gurbani. Accept only that which is in accordance to Gurbani and filter out anything that contradicts Gurbani.

depends what you accept as gurbani, nothing in those granths goes against sri aad guru, sri dasam and sri sarbloh granth...with the practice of jhatka itself being encouraged in sri sarbloh granth may i add....like i said read it with an open mind and dont let anyone including me influence your opinion

depends what you accept as gurbani, nothing in those granths goes against sri aad guru, sri dasam and sri sarbloh granth...with the practice of jhatka itself being encouraged in sri sarbloh granth may i add....like i said read it with an open mind and dont let anyone including me influence your opinion

The Sikhs have canonical writing such as SGGSJ, Sri Dasam Granth, Bhai Gurdas Jee's writings, Bhai Nand Lal Jee's writings. These granths do not contradict each other and are universally regarded as canonical writings by the Sikh Panth. Then we have supporting documents such as Sooraj Prakash, Pracheen Panth parkash, Gur sobha, Janam Sakhis, Bhatt Vahis etc. These historic granths are a good source of history but they certainly are not regarded as being infallible like the canonical scripture of the Sikhs. If these historic granth contradict the canonical scriptures, such as their support for Bhang then it is safe to say in that case those historic granth are in error:

for example in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee it says

kbIr BWg mwCulI surw pwin jo jo pRwnI KWih ]

qIrQ brq nym kIey qy sBY rswqil jWih ]233]

Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

Nothing is beyond Gurbani because Gurbani is infallible. It has come directly from Sachkhand. As for Sarbloh Granth. I am not sure about this Granth since I have not read much of it. Only parts of it. I would like to see where it supports Jhatka Maas or Bhang consumption and under what context it was written in.

Johnny 101 has hit the nail right on the head.

The biggest thing is Gurbani. Regardless of what jatha/"puratan" maryada you follow, no one is higher than Guroo.

sukh nidhhaan naam prabh thumaraa eaehu abinaasee ma(n)thra leeou ||

Your Name, O God, is the treasure of peace; I have received this everlasting Mantra.