Kachhera Wet See-Through...showering/ishnaan

Guest Confused_gupt

Guest interestin...

I guess everyone's someone has a link to a village ..so calling villagers backward and illiterate vlearly shows the utter disrespect the author has for people posting to the forum. Rather than being polite and giving your thoughts the reader chose to question the mentality of the post originator...I would suggest if you feel like being a personal basher please avoid posting. Thanks.

Erm hello read what i put before dishing out pointless lectures. What i said was in response to kalyugi saying sumt on the lines of- kick their heads in. No personal bashing there mate, just me outlining my opinion. Problem? Dont read

Men and women are not divided on opposite sides of the sarovar (though women have enclosed areas to bath), from my experience men tend to bath in the open areas and anyone and everyone can walk past. The original poster has asked a valid question.

Agreed

Give over, this thread is a piss-take. The guy was talking about Singh on Singh because I've never seen a Singhni in close quarters to another bathing Singh so that she can see "creases" and "folds". :blink2: Bibia are all the way over on their side (e.g. Darbar Sahib), so unless they've got Superman's zoom vision or a pair of high-powered binoculars I doubt they'll be able to see aforementioned folds and creases from their end.

The Singhnia issue was only mentioned in passing when he said maybe Singhs should have a seperate enclosure for bathing as well. This is an absolute non-issue - it's not even worth thinking about nevermind starting a topic for discussion. I'm baffled as to the thought processes of some people.

What? Singh and Singhnia are in total segregation at Darbar Sahib?! Lol

Haha supervision! Maybe a little less super hero dramas for u veer

Theres two ishnaan ghats at darbar sahib right? Are they both for bibiya?

No but we could do with a little more compassion, patience and understanding.

This topic aside, people from all walks of life, all background and different levels of exposure to Sikhi come to this forum seeking help, advice and information. Just because a question may seem silly, irrelevant or nothing to do with Sikhi it doesn't mean we should go straight in and attack. Someone, somewhere once helped us and answered our questions which is where our knowledge stems from today, have a little Daya and put yourself in the shoes of the other person.

Why cant we al just use discretion and a little bit of common sense, is that too hard or do we need rules to be set for everything?

It's exactly this point that worries me for the future. Islam (or certain strict interpretations of it) have exactly this problem whereby there's a rule and regulation for the most inconsequential of things, mostly modern-day issues for which there were clearly no precedents when the faith was founded thousands of years ago. Rarely is the follower encouraged to solve the issue at their own discretion. Instead there has to be a ruling or a mandate from somewhere which is then backed up by a tenuous link to scripture by modern-day scholars. God forbid this kind of stuff ever finds its way into Sikhi, but if we need guidance from 3rd parties on issues such as these then I expect we'll be joining that club in a few years as well. Yet people are actually encouraging this kind of behaviour!

God gaves us budh. Lets use it.

It's exactly this point that worries me for the future. Islam (or certain strict interpretations of it) have exactly this problem whereby there's a rule and regulation for the most inconsequential of things, mostly modern-day issues for which there were clearly no precedents when the faith was founded thousands of years ago. Rarely is the follower encouraged to solve the issue at their own discretion. Instead there has to be a ruling or a mandate from somewhere which is then backed up by a tenuous link to scripture by modern-day scholars. God forbid this kind of stuff ever finds its way into Sikhi, but if we need guidance from 3rd parties on issues such as these then I expect we'll be joining that club in a few years as well. Yet people are actually encouraging this kind of behaviour!

God gaves us budh. Lets use it.

I never thought I would say this but for once I agree with you!!