Oh Dear Oh Dear They're At It Again

RebelSingh

those "im a indian before im a sikh" idiots

I'll never understand those "Sikhs" who claim that. I'm Indian before I'm Sikh. This type of thinking is a direct result of the secular education of India. A true Sikh will always be a Sikh first and foremost. Nation always comes second. These types of nationalistic notions are western and later adopted by Bangali revolutionaries during the British Raaj. Later these Bengali freedom fighters began to see their country India has a deity(Devi) to be worshiped, that is where the anthem Vande Mataram comes from a novel written by a Bangali who used India as a devi personification which is worshiped, that is where the concept of Desh Bhagti came into being. Sirdar Kapoor Singh Jee writes about this in this book Saachi Saakhi. Desh Bhagti is a very recent creation and it is not divinely inspired by a Mahatma. It is from a fictional Bangali novel.

Sikhs have always fought for independence but as Sikhs of the Guru, not as Desh Bhagats. If nation comes first then were the millions of Sikhs in Pakistan wrong for not converting to Islam in 1947 and instead choosing to save their religion and move to India? after all, according to the modern interpretation of Desh Bhagti those Sikhs should have chosen their Desh(Pakistan) over their Dharm but thank God Sikhs back then were not Desh Bhagats like the Pappus today have become. For a Sikh, Sikhi will always be 1st. A Sikh lives and dies for Sikhi.