Jathedar Baba Hanuman Singh Ji Shaheed

Yes, this is all fictional history about Nihangs. These are the same people who have hard time believing that Santa Singh was the biggest traitor for Sikh religion, and this happened less than 30 years ago (i.e., what Santa Singh did in 1984). Just imagine what their history will be for the events that happened 200 years ago!

At Sant Kartar Singh Ji Bhindranwale's Barsi this year, Giani Thakur Singh Ji said live on stage, whilst being broadcast on sikh channel that Baba Santa Singh is Sachkand vasi.

At Sant Kartar Singh Ji Bhindranwale's Barsi this year, Giani Thakur Singh Ji said live on stage, whilst being broadcast on sikh channel that Baba Santa Singh is Sachkand vasi.

I have the upmost respect for Gianni Takhur Singh, but who really can say who is or is not in Sachkhand? Maybe Baba Santa Singh is, but it's still true that he will always be know as gadar for his role in the 1980's. That being said, since he accepted Tankha for his actions and admitted his mistake, then we shouldn't keep bringing it up again and again.

I have the upmost respect for Gianni Takhur Singh, but who really can say who is or is not in Sachkhand? Maybe Baba Santa Singh is, but it's still true that he will always be know as gadar for his role in the 1980's. That being said, since he accepted Tankha for his actions and admitted his mistake, then we shouldn't keep bringing it up again and again.

I agree we don't need to bring this up again because Santa Singh accepted his mistake in front of Akal Thakht. However, we cannot sweep under the rug that he was the biggest traitor of Sikh panth.

Alot of people within the panth got played politically at that time, Baba Santa Singh was perhaps one of them, his actions were wrong undoubtedly. His overall contribution to the panth is something people do not know about or choose to ignore. Not many people know about his actions during 1947 partition, the amount of old run down gurdware that they took control of and rebuilt. Thier parchaar on Sri Dasam Granth and Sri Sarbloh Granth is second to none. The building of the Shaster factory and the Budha Dal printing press were also carried out under his tenure as Jathedar. As someone above mentioned he accepted his mistake at Sri Akal Takht Sahib and those who had the oppurtunity to meet him before the end say he performed intense levels of bhagti. For someone like Giani Thakur Singh to even say he his Sachkand vasi shows the level of respect Baba Santa Singh had towards the end of his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Mod edit*

Kindly, please read the rules young Singh Ji:

Controversial Topics

Raag Maala: Raag Maala appears on the last Ang of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. There has been much conflict in the Panth over this for the last 150 years. Majority of the members on this forum are at young age. This is the age to learn about Sikhi so that we can follow Guru Ji's path. It is very easy for young members to go off topic and turn the debate into personal attacks which brings down the quality of the forum. Although Bani is very dear to us and we would like to see this matter resolved but many great scholars have written so much about it. Both sides have good intentions and respect Bani very much. Any insulting, jatha bashing or vulgar comments are not allowed and will result in banning the member without any notice or warning. If anyone wants to explore this topic he/she should read the books that have been written in the past and make up his/her mind. No topics about Raag Maala shall be discussed on SikhSangat Forum. Warning will be issued. We request everyone to respect each other's beliefs and learn from each other.

-----

-Writing derogatory comments about different jathas of the Sikh panth. Any particular practice of a jatha can be questioned but must be done so in a respectful and non-offensive manner.

Posting rumors + lighting the match for a controversial debate will not be allowed. Please read the rules in the Feedback section. :)

I agree we don't need to bring this up again because Santa Singh accepted his mistake in front of Akal Thakht. However, we cannot sweep under the rug that he was the biggest traitor of Sikh panth.

biggest traitors of the panth were the dastardly singh sabha traitors who began to lick the heels of the british and now their child the SGPC licks the boot of the Hindustani government aswell...no one has done more damage to sikhi then these malechh...they were never the authority and never will be either...my authority is sri aad guru, sri dasam granth, sri sarbloh granth and puraatan khalsa maryada...

Alot of people within the panth got played politically at that time, Baba Santa Singh was perhaps one of them, his actions were wrong undoubtedly. His overall contribution to the panth is something people do not know about or choose to ignore. Not many people know about his actions during 1947 partition, the amount of old run down gurdware that they took control of and rebuilt. Thier parchaar on Sri Dasam Granth and Sri Sarbloh Granth is second to none. The building of the Shaster factory and the Budha Dal printing press were also carried out under his tenure as Jathedar. As someone above mentioned he accepted his mistake at Sri Akal Takht Sahib and those who had the oppurtunity to meet him before the end say he performed intense levels of bhagti. For someone like Giani Thakur Singh to even say he his Sachkand vasi shows the level of respect Baba Santa Singh had towards the end of his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Mod edit*

Kindly, please read the rules young Singh Ji:

[/size][/font][/color]

Posting rumors + lighting the match for a controversial debate will not be allowed. Please read the rules in the Feedback section. :)

People choose to ignore the contributions of Baba Santa Singh Ji..if it wasnt for him...sri sarbloh granth would still be gupt within the dal...it is babaji who has attempted to bring sri sarbloh bani out...

and before some of you have a nervous breakdown...if you want to point fingers at Baba ji...maybe you need to look at the founder of your own organization before you start pointing fingers at others....

I don't think we should merely call them cowards. Best thing would be just to present the complete truth to the best of our ability and let people decide for their own.

I agree we shouldn't talk about Baba Santa Singh as he did ask for maafi and was given maafi by the Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib. We can openly talk about what happened again, without getting personal about it.

As for the Singh Sabha, I agree with everything said by DalSingh101 from SAS forums:

DalSingh101

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

I would say the Singh Sabha movement was heavily influenced by the Protestant Christian style education that key people involved had (i.e. Bhai Vir Singh).

I think they tried to interpret Sikhi in light of the western, rational and so-called "enlightened" ideas they had come across. But they also tried to be true to the spirit of Sikhi, at least at how they understood gurmat. The trend is to move away from a Hindu cosmology to a more western one.

They also made a decision to generally follow the new British establishment although later they would challenge them (like they did to get control of the Gurdwaras from mahants). No challenge involved a direct threat to British rule. Politics was well within the sphere of what actions Singh Sabias took and their understanding of the democratic process influenced them. However I don't think it would be accurate to simply portray them as a British creation. For example Thakar Singh Sandhawalia, Maharajah Daleep Singh's cousin was a founder and he is the one actually responsible for reconverting Daleep to Sikhism and informing him of his lost heritage. He tried to get the Maharajah to come back to Panjab and claim his rightful inheritence. The truth is quite complex in my opinion. The breakthroughs made by whitey couldn't have been lost on our forefathers and some of them may have understood that we must master such things in order to operate in the new world around them. M. Ranjit SIngh was the first to recognise this in terms of military tactics and hardware. But it cannot be denied that some of them may well have crossed over the line into sycophancy. What happened was that a paradigm shift occured with the introduction of western ideas. Some of the Singh Sabha intellectuals were at the forefront of trying to negotiate this sudden change. The clearest example I can give is how after and during this period miracles in the biographical accounts of the Gurus become more and more muted. I personally feel that a lot of good work was done by the Singh Sabhias. Some editing of puratan manuscripts may have been a bit zealous, but even this I can understand.

The Namdhari suggestion that dasmesh pita lived till 149 giving secret support is one most Sikhs would find ridiculous.