Kaam For An Amritdhari Sikh

Guest Guest

I have recently been blessed with amrit for a month, but in that month i have master baited twice. I do simran and nitnem everyday, and follow rehat. I do sports and keep my self busy with activities but then on days I am not doing anything and home alone, I get random urges to do it. I do ardaas everyday to stop my kaam, but its not working. I know this topic has been posted many times but what do u say about an amritdhari sikh doing it.?

You can't avoid lust. It's a part of human nature. Stop beating yourself up over it.

It's only bad if you let it take over your life. Some people have to check themselves into sex rehab because they can't focus on work or maintain stable relationships because they are addicted to sex. These people have no time to remember God because their minds are pre-occupied with lustful thoughts.

Eventually, you will want children. There is no way a man can attain an erection without arousal, and there is no way a man can copulate without an erection. Forgive me for being crude, but there is no PG way of putting it.

So learn to control your kaam, but don't go into depression if you can't abstain from it completely.

• 7 months later...
Guest Guest

Gurroo!

Ist Happens to me too!

Forget this yoga things!

Just do an extra Paath like Sukhmani Sahib,or if its too long then try to read basant kee vaar, maybe 5-10 times and try other short things

Do an hour simran before that

Then do ardaas

And in EVERY Ardaas you do, whether it is for morning, evening , night or also for this Add one thing in the ardaas at the end:

"Guru Sahib Jee, Menu Kaam Krodh lobh moh ahankar to door rakho. Especially from Kaam.

I can only reach this with your help"

Hope I could help :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.
    • Good way of putting it, bro. One of the ongoing themes of Gurbani is the fake saint. Whether it's fake babas in Punjab or English-speaking personalities in the West, it's an continuing problem of religion through the centuries (and it's not exclusive to us by any means, this applies to all human societies).

Important Information

Terms of Use