Jagat Singh (Jagga Daku)...

just read this on the comments page...

'Jagga Daku's original name was Jagat Singh.. he was probably a high ranking officer during Sikh Raj. Then 1849 after British Conquest of Punjab, most of the Sikh soldiers of Sikh Raj were disbanded. As a result most of these unemployed Sikh soldiers turned dacoits. If you check the records of British Rule almost all the dacoits in Central Punjab from 1850s to 1870s were Sikhs and ex-soldiers of Sikh Raj.'

can anyone verify this?

just read this on the comments page...

'Jagga Daku's original name was Jagat Singh.. he was probably a high ranking officer during Sikh Raj. Then 1849 after British Conquest of Punjab, most of the Sikh soldiers of Sikh Raj were disbanded. As a result most of these unemployed Sikh soldiers turned dacoits. If you check the records of British Rule almost all the dacoits in Central Punjab from 1850s to 1870s were Sikhs and ex-soldiers of Sikh Raj.'

can anyone verify this?

kidda paaji, i highly doubt jagga jatt, was a member of the sikh empires army, coz he was born after 1900, round about 1901-1905, that im sure of, but regardin sikhs becomin dakus, i wudnt b suprised, anythin 2 oppose the british was done by apnay. Dakus like him, and later sucha singh soorma r sumink 2 b proud of. Even if they wern't gursikhs (they trimmed beards n drank sharab), they stil upheld the sikhi ethos, of never doin zabardasti of rapin n lootin innocents, they were wat the west call "a robin hood" type of person, who robbed the dirty rich (choudarys) and gave to the poor.

Isnt it funny how the english have 2 make up fake characters of the past 2 give em an identity 2 b proud of (st george killin a dragon n robin hood), both fake ppl n made up, yet as sikhs n panjabis we got endless heroes 2 sing and learn about n look upto, i for 1 am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad im born in a sikh house and a panjabi house 2!!

panjabi heroes: jagga jatt daku/sucha singh soorma/jeona mohr/abd'ullah bhatti (dullah bhatti)/(jamal n fatah rajputs)/udham singh/bhagat singh etc

sikh heroes: ALL THE SHAHEEDS, the list is tooooo long, u kno who they r guys

english heroes: St George (a turk not even english n a fake character)/robin hood (fake character, who i thort was genuine coz of nottinghams forests)

scottish heroes: william wallace (legend n genuine babar sher of the highlands, nuff respect)!!, rob roy/im sure they have more, but im not educated enuff on their history.

soz for the rant, safe

abit of research i found out that jagat singh was not an ex serviceman of the sikkh raj because he was born 40 years after it....however it raises questions...what did all the disbanded units of the army of the sikh raaj do after the fall of the kingdom?...did they enter service of the various sikh principalities and british or did they turn to crime

abit of research i found out that jagat singh was not an ex serviceman of the sikkh raj because he was born 40 years after it....however it raises questions...what did all the disbanded units of the army of the sikh raaj do after the fall of the kingdom?...did they enter service of the various sikh principalities and british or did they turn to crime

There are reports from the first few administration reports that the British published after the annexation of Punjab in 1849 stating that many of the disbanded members of the Khalsa army had became thugs! That's thugs like the ones in South India who used to strangle their victims. I don't know how much you can believe these reports but they do state that these thugs were not as vicious as the Hindustani variety and most were from the mazhabi caste. The British had to seek the help of Colonel Sleeman's office of Thugee who eradicated Thugs in Central India to take on Thugs in Punjab. Sleeman is the character played by Pearce Brosnan in the film 'The Deceivers'.

@Rebel ...wasnt Chamkilla killed by the real Khalistanis for singing dirty songs ?

I can believe black cats killed verinder as there was no reason to kill him

imo chamkila was either killed by panjab police/black cats n blamed on khalistanis, killed by surinder shinda, coz he was shinda's protege/pupil, n ended bein bigger than him or he was killed by amarjots brothers, coz she was ramgharia/tarkhan n chamila was chamar or naiy tribe, cant remember, n she was already married but walked out on her husband n was pregnant by chamkila too.

also bro regardin veerendra, he was a big star in panjabi cinema, and @ that time of 86'-89', the khalistani kharkoos were on top of panjab police, so he was defo killed by panjab police/black cats 2 defame the kharkoos n therefore bring a daag/stain on their quest. dilshad akhtar as mentioned was also killed by probably kp gill/saini.

also yes such singh soorma was real, cant believe u questioned that bro, his stories r legendary. His real name was sucha singh jawanda, u shud read some of his conquests over enemies, wicked stuff man, or listen 2 kuldeep manak/jazzy b song