Initial five singhs were given salmon pink bana but as you said color does not matter as such there is quite bit of diversity within nirmale with bana they wear- anywhere from bhagva sadhu color (salmon pink) to red to white to even lime green by one of branches in hoti mardan..not too much attention is put on specific color but rather learning sikh theology, languages, gurbani, history, eastern spiritual school of thoughts but most importantly inner purity as lierally thats what nirmala stands for..!!

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal,

Dear all,

Please listen. Gurdev is singing that Siv and Sanakadik became Udasi seeking Naam Dhan.

ਇਸੁ ਧਨ ਕਾਰਣਿ ਸਿਵ ਸਨਕਾਦਿਕ ਖੋਜਤ ਭਏ ਉਦਾਸੀ ॥

इसु धन कारणि सिव सनकादिक खोजत भए उदासी ॥

Is dhan kaarani siv sankaadik khojat bhae udaasee.

For this wealth Shiva, Sanak and others while seeking became Udaasee.

ਮਨਿ ਮੁਕੰਦੁ ਜਿਹਬਾ ਨਾਰਾਇਨੁ ਪਰੈ ਨ ਜਮ ਕੀ ਫਾਸੀ ॥੨॥

मनि मुकंदु जिहबा नाराइनु परै न जम की फासी ॥२॥

Mani mukand jihbaa naaraain parai na jam kee faasee. ||2||

Through mind is Mukund. On tongue is Naaraain. One does not fall in the noose of Death. ||2||

Strange, Hari Singh Ran dhawa is claiming that Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj started the udasi Panth.

Is Hari Singh jee an experienced udasi?

Balbir Singh

The original first post by only five - it is completely wrong Yes Guru Nanak Dev Ji started the Udasi Samparda so Giani Hari Singh is correct. However one is not to confuse udasi with the samparda udasi. Udas means an emotional bairaag feeling. All the posts here in relation to the topic are wrong. You are confusing the two together, also you have no knowledge of Gurbani. I havent got time to show all your flaws, but heres some

Bhai Daya Singh didnt start the Nirmal Panth it was Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji who told the 5 Singh's to go to Kansi

YOU WROTE

So at the beginning of this shabad a person ask Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj if he is a yogi, sant ji says. Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj responds by saying:

Raag Maaru--Ang-992

jogI jugiq nwmu inrmwielu qw kY mYlu n rwqI ]

jogee jugath naam niramaaeil thaa kai mail n raathee ||

The Yogi who is joined to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is pure; he is not stained by even a particle of dirt.

Then they ask who is a Brahmin from Maharaj a few tuks down and Maharaj responds by saying:

bRhmxu bRhm igAwn iesnwnI hir gux pUjy pwqI ]

brehaman breham giaan eisanaanee har gun poojae paathee ||

He alone is a Brahmin, who takes his cleansing bath in the spiritual wisdom of God, and whose leaf-offerings in worship are the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

WHAT HAS ALL THE ABOVE GOT TO DO WITH YOUR ARGUEMENT. WHY ARE YOU MENTIONING BRAHMINMS THIS IS IRRELEVANT AND ALSO YOU ARE CONFUSING YOGI (GORAKHNATH PANTH) WITH UDASI AND/OR UDASI SAMPARDA

The bottom line is most of the members here in relation to Gurbani Veechar are major major small little babies making your illogical arguements because your not even vidvaans, its like your making a statement about rocket science but you havent even ever seen a rocket or met a scientist. Next time Giani Hari Singh comes go up to him and in nimarta ask to have time to do veechar with him, trust me he will blow you away, its easy stating on a forum your kindagarden knowledge.

BHAI GURDAS BELOW CLEARLY STATES WHO STARTED UDASI SAMPARDA

bwby ByK bxwieAw audwsI kI rIiq clweI]

baabae bhaekh banaaeiaa oudhaasee kee reeth chalaaee||

The same Bhai Gurdas states that Guru Nanak Dev Ji started his own religion i.e. a nirmal panth i.e. a pure panth.

So basically if you look at the root cause you will find it to be Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

All the Guru's had too much massive respect for Baba Sri Chand - Guru Hargobind Sahib said to them you can have any of my children to continue the propogation of your samparda. Look at the picture below Sri Chand comes to attend the funeral of Baba Buddha Ji. Baba Sri Chand were an integral part of Sikhism during Guru Kaal.

Guru Gobind singh ji has recorded bravery of Mahant Kirpal Dass an udasi, during battle of bhangani.

When other udasis ran away Mahant Kirpal Das killed pathan hayat khan with his mace only.He was not

trained in art of war.

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ਕੋਪਿਯੰ ਕੁਤਕੋ ਸੰਭਾਰੀ ॥ ਹਠੀ ਖਾਨ ਹਯਾਤ ਕੇ ਸੀਸ ਝਾਰੀ ॥

क्रिपाल कोपियं कुतको स्मभारी ॥ हठी खान हयात के सीस झारी ॥

Kirpal in rage, rushed with his mace and struck it on the head of the tenacious Hayaat Khan.

ਉੱਠੀ ਛਿਛਿ ਇਛੰ ਕਢਾ ਮੇਝ ਜੋਰੰ ॥ ਮਨੋ ਮਾਖਨੰ ਮਟਕੀ ਕਾਨ੍ਹ ਫੋਰੰ ॥੭॥

उठी छिछि इछं कढा मेझ जोरं ॥ मनो माखनं मटकी कान्ह फोरं ॥७॥

With all his might, he caused the marrow flow out of his head, which splashed like the butter spattering out of the pitcher of butter broken by lord Krishan.7.

Bachitra Natak, sri Dasam Granth sahib

Udasis have been a part and parcel of larger sikh panth.

The original first post by only five - it is completely wrong Yes Guru Nanak Dev Ji started the Udasi Samparda so Giani Hari Singh is correct. However one is not to confuse udasi with the samparda udasi. Udas means an emotional bairaag feeling. All the posts here in relation to the topic are wrong. You are confusing the two together, also you have no knowledge of Gurbani. I havent got time to show all your flaws, but heres some

Bhai Daya Singh didnt start the Nirmal Panth it was Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji who told the 5 Singh's to go to Kansi

YOU WROTE

So at the beginning of this shabad a person ask Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj if he is a yogi, sant ji says. Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj responds by saying:

Raag Maaru--Ang-992

jogI jugiq nwmu inrmwielu qw kY mYlu n rwqI ]

jogee jugath naam niramaaeil thaa kai mail n raathee ||

The Yogi who is joined to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is pure; he is not stained by even a particle of dirt.

Then they ask who is a Brahmin from Maharaj a few tuks down and Maharaj responds by saying:

bRhmxu bRhm igAwn iesnwnI hir gux pUjy pwqI ]

brehaman breham giaan eisanaanee har gun poojae paathee ||

He alone is a Brahmin, who takes his cleansing bath in the spiritual wisdom of God, and whose leaf-offerings in worship are the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

WHAT HAS ALL THE ABOVE GOT TO DO WITH YOUR ARGUEMENT. WHY ARE YOU MENTIONING BRAHMINMS THIS IS IRRELEVANT AND ALSO YOU ARE CONFUSING YOGI (GORAKHNATH PANTH) WITH UDASI AND/OR UDASI SAMPARDA

You might not have the time to respond to my so called flaws. But you didn't even have the time to listen to Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Maharaj's katha on the above shabad. If you would have then you would have known that someone was asking Satguru if he was a Yogi and etc and then came down to udasi. Satguru as Sant ji explains in his katha is explaining what it means to be an udasi. Benti, be less emotional and more objective.

BHAI GURDAS BELOW CLEARLY STATES WHO STARTED UDASI SAMPARDA

bwby ByK bxwieAw audwsI kI rIiq clweI]

baabae bhaekh banaaeiaa oudhaasee kee reeth chalaaee||

The same Bhai Gurdas states that Guru Nanak Dev Ji started his own religion i.e. a nirmal panth i.e. a pure panth.

So basically if you look at the root cause you will find it to be Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Did you read the other pauri in the same Vaar? Obviously you didn't as Sant ji says Satguru changed clothes as he put on Muslim garb when Satguru went to Mecca. Hari Singh Randhawa claims that Sri Chand came to Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj and said give me this udasi garb you took off as you gave Gurgaddi to Satguru Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji Maharaj. Now since you have more gyan than me, produce the evidence to this claim. Even call up Hari Singh and ask him or contact any udasi and tell him to produce this evidence. So go through Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaars and produce this for us. Give us gyan so next time we don't make this so called huge mistake. While your at it also do the arth of these two tuks of Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaars. Even get Hari Singh and the udasis to do it. Then we can see how much logic Hari Singh's story makes. A picture is not evidence.......just to let you know in advance.

bwl jqI hY isrIcMdu bwbwxw dyhurw bxwieAw]

baal jathee hai sireecha(n)dh baabaanaa dhaehuraa banaaeiaa||

Sirichand (the elder son of Guru Nanak) is celibate since childhood who has constructed the monument (in memory) of Guru Nanak.

cMdn vwsu n vws bohwieAw ]33]

cha(n)dhan vaas n vaas bohaaeiaa ||33||

They all were like bamboos who though lived near sandalwood (Guru), yet could not become fragrant.(33)

Hindu saints have gyan and can get students into such big black holes that the student starts worshipping the Hindu saint because they percieve the Hindu saint has gyan. Smack the student with Gurbani and the student runs far away from the Hindu saint and grasp hold of an actual Saints feet.

You got it wrong on saying Bhai Daya Singh statred nirmal panth.........Im not gonna argue with you, everyone has there own mat and dharam - you say Baba Sri Chand started Udasi, Giani Hari Singh states it was Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Like wise you say this about Nirmal Akhara. Guru Gobind Singh Ji started these sampardas just like he statrted Nihangs and Damdami Taksal. Its not really an issue at all to me, you seem to have a witch hunt againts Giani Hari Singh stating on a forum he is wrong and duping people. I believe he is presently in the UK, approach him for time and clear your query with him and get his permission to audio record it and put it on here. You betta take some nappies with you aswell.

People influenced by protestant thought ( kn ee je rk reaction born out of hindu paranoia) have build their own bias against udasi and nirmale because of diversity they offer in the panth, they confuse diversity with pluralism as their whole foundation is based on black and white notions i.e- abhramic version of God than sargun and nirgun...there is no doubt good udasi and nirmale (not talking about bad apples) are even seen as threat to their reformed version of sikhi..because they cannot get pass the cham their outer appearance - way they dress etc, it does not serve their purpose as their main aim to have like minded sheeps with them.. herd them in any direction they wish to maintain power and abuse and build up instituation like panthic police just like how su llehs have taliban.. to control the herd of sheeps ...nirmale and udasi can equally accuse other side as "christianvaddi" as most of them have no problem wearing trousers and shirt , believe in going to gurdwara on sunday, believe in christian version of god, reject multiple attributes of vahiguroo and believe in georgian calendar....but they cannot be bothered as they know maharaj parkash or diversity cannot be shoved into an tunnel despite of many attempts..all puratan samparda's stand united with udasi sikh brothers in the panth whether people influenced by protestant mindset like it or not... even institution like - S G P C (which were other side of spectrum in past threaten udasi to take over their dharamsalas) also passed an notion udasi and nirmale are sikhs - http://www.tribunein...21210/main7.htm ..we have giani joginder singh vedanti, gyani gurbachan singh ji current jathedar of sri akaal takth sahib and countless past predeccesors represent sri akaal takth sahib- all consider udasi and nirmale are integral part of Sikhi even singh sabha own- bhai kahn singh nabha consider them sikhs .!!!!