Shastar vidiya vs gatka

What's the difference between these two martial arts?I know one is exhibition combat while one is supposed to be real combat.I want to know what's the differences either it be technique or the name.

PS:I don't want a fight okay.Lets do this calmly.

~~~~~~~~

**Mod Note** Do NOT evade the language filter to post bad words. This is strictly against the rules. Thanks

I don't think it is a case of VS. You get * group who insult Ghatka but how can you insult Ghatka when you have great warriors such as Bhai Fauja Singh who were Ghatka experts.

It's all well and good being an expert but at the end of the day only those who have the bhagati behind them can actually step into the battle field when the time comes.

What i am trying to say is that without Bhagati we can not do anything... Waheguru !!!!!!!!

*Mod Edit* New rule, no discussion about the person whose name I removed. Thank you. :)

I would suggest speaking to actual martial artists, especially those who have knowledge of edged weapons such as knives, daggers, spears, axe, mace , swords etc. Doesn't matter which discipline they come from,Japanese sword schools, Filipino eskrima, silat etc. Then show them gatka techniques and then show them shastar vidiya techniques. Videos of both are on YouTube. They will be able to give you an answer. Or quite simply attend a class of each and make up your own mind.

IF I wanted to go for shastar vidiya classes is there any other place to go to other than that nang?

Are there any in Canada or India?

There are plenty of gatka akharas in Canada but I find them to be pointless BECAUSE it doesn't seem effective in combat.Its just twirling swords in my opinion.

Sorry if I offended any one :)

Shastarvidya uses kinetic energy when fighting whereas gatka is for demonstration to get students interested in martial art. They cannot be compared.

Shastarvidya just like raagvidya has indic roots, shared by eastern dharams. In order to understand energy behind shastarvidya, one can look at parallel- raag vidya in the panth. It's historical fact- bhai sham singh ji raagi when he would sing kirtan in raagas at darbar sahib- deepending on mood of raag, one can see reflection outside like- it would rain, thunder etc. Shastar vidya and raag vidya has kinetic energy behind it which is part of sargun shakti.

All pentra have different energies behind it, all energies are deriving from sargun and its maya. I forgot how many pentra are there, but different pentra have different energies. As one goes from lover pentra to medium to higher- energies from sargun are folding itself back in nirgun, starting from basic form of sargun maya, to medium to high ( In ancient shastarvidya for understanding purpose all these forms of sargun maya are given pictorial form - devi with shastars, shiva with shastars etc etc also reasoning stated above by maha singh) but in essence(tat) these are just energy forms without any name or association. Anyway, highest form of pentra is called- Baba Nanak and It's void as its nirgun parbhram.

Basic energy chart flow just for understanding would be (in battlefield warrior is fighting is using all pentra as flow just like sargun is folding itself back in nirgun).

Lower Pentra with energy (sargun) ---> Medium Pentra with energy (Sargun) --> High pentra with energy (sargun) ---> Ultimate pentra (Baba Nanak) just complete void/nirgun.

I find it quite fascinating.. I can see now how in the past- jaap sahib (sargun nirgun) was used in practise shastar vidya.