Shastar vidiya vs gatka

Proactive, oral tradition does maintain that that shastar vidiya (not nang vidiya) was passed on via Baba Budha Ji. I believe Guru Nanak Dev Ji knew one day an army would have to be created to protect the masses because the now peaceful, but once ruthless violent ruler's descendants will eventually turn back into fundamental Islam.

The blessing Baba Budha Ji gave to Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib was the blessing in effect of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji that all is in the bounds of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Sikhi.

Also what Singh1234567 posted is real, I've seen this before. Guru Nanak Dev Ji carried shaster with him on all his Udhasian.

So now we are making out own Sikh history! Well, if these guys think Santa was a great Sikh then everything is in the realm of their Sikh reality. Real Sad:(

Give it a few more years and these guys are going to tell us that Guru Nanak Devji was a Nihung! Or they might be saying it now.

So now we are making out own Sikh history! Well, if these guys think Santa was a great Sikh then everything is in the realm of their Sikh reality. Real Sad:(

Give it a few more years and these guys are going to tell us that Guru Nanak Devji was a Nihung! Or they might be saying it now.

I don't want to sound like those fools in uk but guru Nanak dev ji was a nihang.He had the characteristics of a nihang.Bhai gurdas ji says in his vaars that he was dressed in blue.Now we see shastars of guru ji now it's more proof.Please don't think I'm one of those fools in uk I just am stating the truth.My thoughts are more of a taksali way of thinking just for your info ;)

I don't want to sound like those fools in uk but guru Nanak dev ji was a nihang.He had the characteristics of a nihang.Bhai gurdas ji says in his vaars that he was dressed in blue.Now we see shastars of guru ji now it's more proof.Please don't think I'm one of those fools in uk I just am stating the truth.My thoughts are more of a taksali way of thinking just for your info ;)

Why would something as significant as Guru Nanak knowing Shastar Vidya be excluded from the Janamsakhis and the Vars of Bhai Gurdas? Are we interested in the truth and authentic history or downright lies propogated by Nihangs?

Why would something as significant as Guru Nanak knowing Shastar Vidya be excluded from the Janamsakhis and the Vars of Bhai Gurdas? Are we interested in the truth and authentic history or downright lies propogated by Nihangs?

The existence and history of Bhai Bala ji is not recorded in any janam Sakhi or in Bhai Gurdas Ji's vaars, does that mean he didn't exist??! You can't just rely on western approach to research solely based on recorded/written sources.

Your obvious hatred for nihangs is very evident. Guru Nanak Dev ji maharaj received Shaster Vidya (knowledge/science of weapons) from Akal Purekh Vaheguru just as mahraj received mool mantar from Akal Nirankar. Now some vidya is kept gupt, Mahraj taught this vidya to Baba Buddha ji (the same Baba Buddha Ji who's name the Buddha Dal is named after). Baba Buddha ji kept this vidya gupt untill it was time to teach Guru Hargobind Sahib ji on the instruction of Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj. And as for Guru Nanak Dev ji being a Nihang or not is quite easy to work out of he was or not. Thick people with low intellect and those who have done no khoj only see 'Nihang' as a physical entity. People who have studied arths of Bani also realise that all these words like 'Nihang', 'nirmala', etc are also spiritual states of avastha. Once this is understood one quickly realises whether or not Guru Sahib was a Nihang. Akaal

Whether Bhai Bala really existed or not is open to question. Just read the posts on Bhai Bala janamsakhi on this forum. Sikhi is not some ancient mystery cult with some adherents only allowed some knowledge and other full knowledge. You are playing a dangerous game if you try and go that route. Tomorrow someone will turn you said and quoting some oral source will state something new which was never known before. Are you going to accept this? As for oral tradition, who is the oldest Nihang living today? Only he can confirm whether something was a part of oral tradition when he first heard it, whereas if something is written down we know that that was a belief known at the time of writing. You can claim that I hate Nihangs all you like, but if an Udasi or Singh Sabha follower were to come on her and make statement which could not be verified then I would write the same about their belief.