Anand Karaj

Guest guptquestion

Guest guptquestion

VGJKK VGJKF Jeeo,

Help sangat ji!!!! Im a 21 year old amrithdaree girl, and there is a kirtanee singh that I would like to marry. FYI though Im not in love with him and its not kaam because believe me when i say i am not in ANY way physically attracted to this man in any way or form!! it is definitely not lust or love and its not like i couldnt live without him, but when i see this singh and his jeevan and his knowledge (he does gurbanee katha and santhiya after divaans at the local gurdwara) i am in awe and i want to have such a saathi for anand karaj....his face shines and u can tell that this singh has a very good jeevan. anand karaj is about helping each other in the journey towards akal purakh and is about having sangat in my understanding, and i really feel that this singh will be perfect lifetime sangat....

however...my parents want me to marry a singh who is educated and has a good job and not a kirtanee singh or something....i have not mentioned this singh to them in particular but i know they would not approve and they want someone who makes a good earning to run a household...

im from a small town in usa and theres not a lot of jeevan vaale singhs and singhanis, theres lots of singhs who are educated and wear dumalle but have no real jeevan.

sangat jiyo also please do not say i am too young to be getting married, i am very old fashioned and i would like to get married in my early 20s..

how should i approach this issue? is it wrong for me to think of marrying this singh even though i give u full guarantee that it is not kaami or anything. i took a hukamanama after an ardas and it seems guru sahib approves, i just dont know how to talk to my parents!!!

vgjkff vgjkf sangat jeeo

I'm your age so ill try give my take.

Silly question but does the singh question know about this?

Personally I say either get your parents involved by telling them about this singh as without them knowing nothing can really happen. Or forget about the singh (that's if he himself isn't aware that you think his your ideal match).

cos guru ji says u should respect ur parents believes etc, you can just chat with the singh and like exchange gyaan and learn like that more and more each day, cos ur mum and dad want u to get married in a good family ( like every parent does) so just talk to him and get gyaan and it should be all good

• 3 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji

Penji, tell your parents straight up. Or maybe an older sibling? A pua or massi? Who could then inntiate the talk with your parents?...

Obviously your parents want the absolute best for you and so a Singh who is well educated and earns well is a must for them. How else would you guys run your household? Im sure you've given this plenty of thought.

I think it would be best to speak to your mum direct. Get it over and done with before someone muscles in!! :) good luck!