Pakistan and Sikhs ....

Auzer

Auzer

Since I don't know you personally, and vice versa, I can claim to have read 20 books on Islam and Pakistan's history and you'd never know if I was lying or being truthful. So don't bother telling me how well-read you are. Like Sherdil said, why do you keep backing off and twisting words to suit yourself? Don't worry about me being sensitive. What you read was me being tolerant, so if I was sensitive, then.....lol, yeah :) . As for 1965, maybe "Khemkaran" will ring a bell. Wikipedia isn't my only source of knowledge, nor is it 100% trustworthy.

Well leave me. But that quote is fabricated and that is 100% sure. Again , even ask any Sikh brother who has read Maj. Gen Fazal's book. So I think I'm doing a good service by dispelling myths regarding history on cyberspace.

I never backed-off.... I already replied to Sherdil ji ...

And Khemkaran? Oh yes , the Indian strategic town for supplies on front sectors...It was captured by Pakistan Army and was kept under Pakistani control..before the war was over...right? ;) ...So khemkaran should ring bells in your head and tell you that Pakistan Military defeated Indian military ...but the war ended in strategic stalemate...and I already explain what does that mean....

You probably wanted to say battle of Assal Uttar...where when Pakistani forces tried to push deep into Punjab...they were repulsed back... Anyways....

Once again, this is a Sikh forum, so please don't use it as a platform to preach Islam. If you need to ask something about Sikhi, go right ahead. If not, then its upto you what you want to do on here. We can exchange ideas/knowledge/info but remember this board will not be used as a medium to get converts (you don't seem like one of those but just wanted to get that straight).

I never for once preached Islam here. Even you know that I didn't even take the name of Islam.... Panther started it all and I'm just showing "strategic restraint" uptil now ;) .... If it was some 'Christian' guy , I would've responded and cleared Islam..and then I'd have insulted the crap out his religion too...and believe me...I have enough resources to do that...but its alright if Sikhs are copying Christian-missionary lies....Same Christian missionaries that are converting Sikhs in Punjab...ironic..isn't it?

That's the thing Auzer bro. Sikhs believe in one God. Muslims believe in one God.

We Sikhs look up to Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji to cite 4 examples of perfect truthful living spreading worship of 1 God, peace, brotherhood, opposing slavery and pushing gender equality.

You Muslims look up to Prophet Muhammad, Caliph Abu Bakr, Caliph Umar and Caliph Ali as four examples to look up to and we all know these four great Muslims all owned + traded slaves as the Holy Quran permits Slavery within Islam.

To us Sikhs Banda Singh Bahadur and Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa were great warriors for justice and equality in our eyes.

To our Punjabi Muslim brothers Jahangir and Aurangzeb are great names that u revere and proudly name your children after.

To each his own i suppose! Hence why Pakistan and Sikhs are on 2 sides of a border.

Salaam bro

To our Punjabi Muslim brothers Jahangir and Aurangzeb are great names that u revere and proudly name your children after.

Sher Shah Suri is a bigger name than Aurangzeb among Muslim Punjabis....

But yes , Muslims do not hate Aurangzeb as strictly as Sikh Punjabis do....and I can understand why is this...

Peace.

Also Auzer can i ask when your family's history changed from Hinduism to Islam? In what century was it?

And i take it that u are Rajput given your knowledge of war history?

Where were your family from in the Indian side of Punjab?

I want u to also sincerely know that no Sikh is ever proud of any innocent Muslim's death from 1947. Peace

Also Auzer can i ask when your family's history changed from Hinduism to Islam? In what century was it?

And i take it that u are Rajput given your knowledge of war history?

Where were your family from in the Indian side of Punjab?

I want u to also sincerely know that no Sikh is ever proud of any innocent Muslim's death from 1947. Peace

Well we are from "Jalandar" .... There was a village known as "Uggii" in Jalandar , Indian Punjab. My family is from there...

And well...I don't know the history...I only know uptil my great grandfather and they were Muslims...before that..We do have alot of stories but no picture , or any record... lol...

But even if you wanted to find the 'hindu-link' of my ancestory...I guess you'd have to go centuries back into the history.....It (conversion) probably happened probably before the birth of Guru Nanak ji....

And no , I'm not Rajput.... I'm something along the lines of "Arayin" ... I don't know if Indian Punjab has this caste etc? Do you know about Arayin caste? We apparently eat alot of onion hahah....Well , atleast thats what the jokes about Arayin say....

Cool bro my family are from Jalandhar too.

I'm really sorry that due to Jinnah's demand for Pakistan your family had to migrate to Pakistan.

Yeah General Zia was also from Jalandhar. Cool that u are actually from his same Arain caste.

As you're Arain did your family by any chance migrate to Faisalabad?

As my brother has an Arain friend whose family went there. People from the Arain caste are very good people i know that.

I read in this book that by the 20th century over 95% of Arains had converted to Islam and only 2% were still Hindu and 3% had become Sikh as its a famous Punjabi farming caste that converted en masse to Islam during the time of Aurangzeb thanks to a famous convert soldier in Aurangzeb's imperial forces.

The reason for the onion jokes is that the Arain caste were apparently the best caste in Punjab at growing vegetables.

That's cool that your family converted so long ago in history and that oral history is still passed down the generations.

These stories are sad

Well we are from "Jalandar" .... There was a village known as "Uggii" in Jalandar , Indian Punjab. My family is from there...

And well...I don't know the history...I only know uptil my great grandfather and they were Muslims...before that..We do have alot of stories but no picture , or any record... lol...

But even if you wanted to find the 'hindu-link' of my ancestory...I guess you'd have to go centuries back into the history.....It (conversion) probably happened probably before the birth of Guru Nanak ji....

And no , I'm not Rajput.... I'm something along the lines of "Arayin" ... I don't know if Indian Punjab has this caste etc? Do you know about Arayin caste? We apparently eat alot of onion hahah....Well , atleast thats what the jokes about Arayin say....

We barely have Arayins amongst us. Some castes in Punjab almost all it's members became Muslims. Arayins are one of those castes. Zia Ul Haq was also an Arayin from Jalandhar if I'm not mistaken. Almost all the Rajputs of Punjab had also become Muslims, while Rajputs of Hoshiarpur became Sikhs and the Rajputs of the Punjab hills(Himachal and Jammu) remained Hindu.

Uhh what? lol... Over-whelming majority of Pakistanis are native people of this land of Indus....How many "Central Asians" would you find in Pakistan? How come Pakistanis become "decendents" of Central-Asian TURK invaders? wow!

Proven wrong? What? lol... And I didn't say Asia..I said Islam was spread in SOUTH-ASIA mainly because of Sufi Saints... No one is denying the sword part....but the over-whelming majority of Muslims are here due to "Sufis" and not "sword" ... So I haven't backtracked on anything....

Nah bro, most Pakistanis are mixed. You very rarely find a pure Jatt, Rajput, Gujjar, or anything like that. Rajputs gave their daughters to Mughals, and Mughals kept a lot of Hindu girls in their harems. Not to mention, Mughals, Persians and Afghans raped a bunch of Hindus as they invaded Punjab. You guys are their offspring. No offense, but this is the truth. For example, the name Khan isn't indigenous to Punjab.

Islam was spread in South Asia by the Mughals. They weren't Sufis and they spread it by forced conversions. Like in the case of the Kashmiri Pandits as I mentioned before.

Cool bro my family are from Jalandhar too.

I'm really sorry that due to Jinnah's demand for Pakistan your family had to migrate to Pakistan.

Yeah General Zia was also from Jalandhar. Cool that u are actually from his same Arain caste.

As you're Arain did your family by any chance migrate to Faisalabad?

As my brother has an Arain friend whose family went there. People from the Arain caste are very good people i know that.

I read in this book that by the 20th century over 95% of Arains had converted to Islam and only 2% were still Hindu and 3% had become Sikh as its a famous Punjabi farming caste that converted en masse to Islam during the time of Aurangzeb thanks to a famous convert soldier in Aurangzeb's imperial forces.

The reason for the onion jokes is that the Arain caste were apparently the best caste in Punjab at growing vegetables.

That's cool that your family converted so long ago in history and that oral history is still passed down the generations.

These stories are sad

Haha my dad is still mad at Jinnah because he had to leave Jalandar due to division... I can't feel the same way because I never had that feeling you know...

And yuppp.... the people of "Uggi" settled near Faislabad and now , we have one "uggi" village in Pakistan too..about 1.5 hours drive from Faislabad main city....All those settlers named their new village as Uggi ..lol...

And Arayin onion jokes have some truth to them...I myself am very fond of onions mixed with lemon juice! It makes your meal more tasty...haha...