Is dancing wrong? guruka singh's perspective...thoughts?

Guest -discussion-

Guest dasguruka

For the soul to stay in the body it has to has 2 things. One is light. Two is raag or music. Now if your soul is immersed in WaheGuru and you end up revealing it using your body then I don't think its bad. I think thats how nritya in Hinduism takes its place. You're being yourself. However, if you use what God has given you towards the wrong things then yes, its considered against Gurmat. Like come on you see all those weird gyrations that happen in hip-hop music and ask yourself where they originate from? Definitely not WaheGuru. lol Umm I think thats why Islam is against raag because they think it produces bad behavior. But thats upto us. If we're choosing the right path then its okay. Thats just how I see it. Bhul Chuk Maaf

Dancing is against Gurmat. Guruka Singh is completely speaking from a manmat view point. He has not even asked Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj, if he is allowed to dance. There is one shabad by Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj that clears this topic up in a split second. Today we are so blessed to have Gurbani at our finger tips. But how many people ask Satguru what they can and can't do. Yes when it comes to recieving what people want, then they run to the Gurdwara and ask the Granthi Singh to do Ardas for them and they even go to the extent of opening many Akhand Paaths, so that their desires are fullfilled. Then they tell there family and friends....we have taken all alcohol and meat and lustful music out of the house like the Granthi Singh has advised. We keep total respect for Maharaj as we need something from Maharaj. Now many people dance. How many of these people sat down and asked Satguru can you tell me if dancing is alright with you? I need this information because my mind, body, and soul is burning to get your darshan. You know what these same people say who were begging just two seconds ago from Maharaj (these people put on the biggest show infront of Maharaj...........really funny to watch their fake but good acting melt downs)................we don't need to be told what we can and can't do........what is wrong with dancing....Sikhi is not black and white.....Sikhi is tanned like me..........who said you are the authority of who can and can't dance................look in Gurbani the word dance comes up so that means we can dance...............I know a Sikh with Pugg who dance all the time........so we can dance........you can't tell us to stop. They forget just two seconds ago when they were in complete pain they were asking for guidance from Maharaj. But once they got what they needed they tell Maharaj, you can take the back seat..........me and miss pooja are going to dance the night away. So yes pain is the medicine and pleasure is the disease. These people like to dance when they are in the most happiest moods.............they forget all about Maharaj, then Maharaj doesn't exist and there is no need to do Ardas or Akhand Paath because Akhand Paaths and Ardas are only made to be done when we need something from Maharaj...........these events are for sad days in our lives. Don't you know how sad of a paath Sri Anand Sahib is.............so so sad paath. And Ardas....first half of Chandi Di Vaar..........it is full of sad feeling....so we do when we are sad and Maharaj bless us with what we want and then we get happy..............

Anyways....i though i start the post off with some sarcasm..........Guruka Singh did it.....why cant i do it. The Shabad i am about to post needs to be understood by listening to a Gurmukh explain the shabad. If you sit there and try to understand the shabad you might get the meaning of it, but most likely you will end up like the Akhand Paath and Ardas people.....I know Sikh with Pugg who dance....so i dance.....he in mirror every morning :biggrin2: Just in case some of you take my sarcasm as an insult.............i apologize in advance. I am very sorry, but the sarcasm serves a purpose....bit of humour to get the message across....hey!!! :biggrin2: It's a Canadian thing.

ਆਸਾ

आसा महला १ ॥

Āsā mėhlā 1.

Aasaa, First Mehl:

ਵਾਜਾ

वाजा मति पखावजु भाउ ॥

vājā maṯ pakẖāvaj bẖā▫o.

Make your intellect your instrument, and love your tambourine;

ਹੋਇ

होइ अनंदु सदा मनि चाउ ॥

Ho▫e anand saḏā man cẖā▫o.

thus bliss and lasting pleasure shall be produced in your mind.

ਏਹਾ

एहा भगति एहो तप ताउ ॥

Ėhā bẖagaṯ eho ṯap ṯā▫o.

This is devotional worship, and this is the practice of penance.

ਇਤੁ ॥੧॥

इतु रंगि नाचहु रखि रखि पाउ ॥१॥

Iṯ rang nācẖahu rakẖ rakẖ pā▫o. ||1||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||1||

ਪੂਰੇ

पूरे ताल जाणै सालाह ॥

Pūre ṯāl jāṇai sālāh.

Know that the perfect beat is the Praise of the Lord;

ਹੋਰੁ

होरु नचणा खुसीआ मन माह ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Hor nacẖṇā kẖusī▫ā man māh. ||1|| rahā▫o.

other dances produce only temporary pleasure in the mind. ||1||Pause||

ਸਤੁ

सतु संतोखु वजहि दुइ ताल ॥

Saṯ sanṯokẖ vajėh ḏu▫e ṯāl.

Play the two cymbals of truth and contentment.

ਪੈਰੀ

पैरी वाजा सदा निहाल ॥

Pairī vājā saḏā nihāl.

Let your ankle bells be the lasting Vision of the Lord.

ਰਾਗੁ

रागु नादु नही दूजा भाउ ॥

Rāg nāḏ nahī ḏūjā bẖā▫o.

Let your harmony and music be the elimination of duality.

ਇਤੁ ॥੨॥

इतु रंगि नाचहु रखि रखि पाउ ॥२॥

Iṯ rang nācẖahu rakẖ rakẖ pā▫o. ||2||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||2||

ਭਉ

भउ फेरी होवै मन चीति ॥

Bẖa▫o ferī hovai man cẖīṯ.

Let the fear of God within your heart and mind be your spinning dance,

ਬਹਦਿਆ

बहदिआ उठदिआ नीता नीति ॥

Bahḏi▫ā uṯẖ▫ḏi▫ā nīṯā nīṯ.

and keep up, whether sitting or standing.

ਲੇਟਣਿ

लेटणि लेटि जाणै तनु सुआहु ॥

Letaṇ let jāṇai ṯan su▫āhu.

To roll around in the dust is to know that the body is only ashes.

ਇਤੁ ॥੩॥

इतु रंगि नाचहु रखि रखि पाउ ॥३॥

Iṯ rang nācẖahu rakẖ rakẖ pā▫o. ||3||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||3||

ਸਿਖ

सिख सभा दीखिआ का भाउ ॥

Sikẖ sabẖā ḏīkẖi▫ā kā bẖā▫o.

Keep the company of the disciples, the students who love the teachings.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ

गुरमुखि सुणणा साचा नाउ ॥

Gurmukẖ suṇ▫ṇā sācẖā nā▫o.

As Gurmukh, listen to the True Name.

ਨਾਨਕ

नानक आखणु वेरा वेर ॥

Nānak ākẖaṇ verā ver.

O Nanak, chant it, over and over again.

<a class="dict" href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਇਤੁ">ਇਤੁ ਰੰਗਿ ਨਾਚਹੁ ਰਖਿ ਰਖਿ ਪੈਰ ॥੪॥੬॥

इतु रंगि नाचहु रखि रखि पैर ॥४॥६॥

Iṯ rang nācẖahu rakẖ rakẖ pair. ||4||6||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||4||6||

ang 350

Raag Aasaa--Ang-350

Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Maharaj katha on the above shabad....enjoy......share and contemplate.