How Sikhs explain this?

Auzer

Well too much political talk...lets get to point....

Ok so I was once told by my Sikh friend that hairs are gift of God..God doesn't give you anything for no reason...right? So why you cut the hairs? etc...Well I was thinking about it...but then it suddenly struck me that this argument nullifies vegetarian thought...Well see , we all have studied biology here (atleast I hope ! lol) ... Our human body is made to be omnivorous ! We have canines in our buccal cavity...their sole purpose is to break the meat...our digestive system is "designed" to digest meat..we have different acids SPECIFICALLY for digestion of the meat... So why would God give us all these things , if he had wanted us to eat Vegetarian only? Remember , God never gives us anything for no reason..right?

Isn't it a contradiction in Sikhism?

Thanks!

God's also given us poop too...doesn't make that edible.

Just cos God gives us a variety of things doesn't mean they should all be put to use....cos then we'd probably all be filled with kaam and greed and whatever else.

I know that's just a really simple explanation, but that's how I've always seen life...it's a drama...a stage...nothing is what it seems.

Well not really. The "purpose" of poop is to excrete harmful materials out of your body....and that is what it does....

"Purpose" of cannines , digestive juices , build-up of our digestive system etc is to digest meat ..... Your analogy is wrong here...

Same argument can be made "Well , God also gave us poop...should we not clean it ....should we keep it? Similarly , hairs can also be trimmed/cut ..." ...See your argument falls on its face.

Well not really. The "purpose" of poop is to excrete harmful materials out of your body....and that is what it does....

"Purpose" of cannines , digestive juices , build-up of our digestive system etc is to digest meat ..... Your analogy is wrong here...

Same argument can be made "Well , God also gave us poop...should we not clean it ....should we keep it? Similarly , hairs can also be trimmed/cut ..." ...See your argument falls on its face.

My intention wasn't to present an argument to your specific question lol, I was just saying that nothing is what it seems to be. Just because things exist it doesn't mean they should be used, and just because certain things don't make sense to you it doesn't mean they're wrong.

Waheguru is the only one that knows the ins, outs and secrets of this universe. Who am I to explain the meanings behind the Guru's hukams? I know nothing, I merely say 'satbachan'.

Remember , God never gives us anything for no reason..right?

Auzer,

If you studied biology then you should be aware of Human Vestigiality. That's organs whose original function has been made redundant through evolution and which might have taken on new functions. The tailbone and appendix are the most famous example of this. So humans have evolved from meat eaters to vegetarians and for vegetarians the canine teeth are not needed for their diet and yet their body still retains them. As Sikhism has no issues with human evolution unlike Islam, there is no issue with Sikhs being vegetarians are still retaining their canines. But in Islam, as Allah created humans as they are now, unless you believe the ridiculous hadith that Adam's height was 60 feet tall, the presence of organs being present and yet not required is an issue.

Well too much political talk...lets get to point....

Ok so I was once told by my Sikh friend that hairs are gift of God..God doesn't give you anything for no reason...right? So why you cut the hairs? etc...Well I was thinking about it...but then it suddenly struck me that this argument nullifies vegetarian thought...Well see , we all have studied biology here (atleast I hope ! lol) ... Our human body is made to be omnivorous ! We have canines in our buccal cavity...their sole purpose is to break the meat...our digestive system is "designed" to digest meat..we have different acids SPECIFICALLY for digestion of the meat... So why would God give us all these things , if he had wanted us to eat Vegetarian only? Remember , God never gives us anything for no reason..right?

Isn't it a contradiction in Sikhism?

Thanks!

Auzer Ji, you are too quick to try and point out contradictions in Sikhi when there are so many unanswered questions in Islam. Explain these first before you start on other religions.

Your argument is ridiculous and unjustified . Muslims try their hardest to emualte their prophet and do things "just because he did or because he said so and its sunnat".

Imo this again, is ridiculous as the majority of things you do are baseless, however, as you believe he was the messenger of God somehow copying him will get you to heaven, then thats fine. My point being Muslims do many pointless things none of which have any value or valid reason; trimming your moustache a certain way; wearing trousers halfway at your ankles; raising and lowering certain fingers at specific points during namaaz; stepping into a mosque with a certain foot etc etc! I could also bring up the classic arguement of circumcision, we have canines in our buccal cavity because we're supposed to eat meat hey, the foreskin must also serve a purpose yet you decide to cut it off!!

Waheguru...

By the way Auzer...

Discussing Sikhi with a Muslim who isn't really a jigyasu (seeker), but only out to find faults under the garb of discussions/debates is like comparing apples to oranges with someone who never came across anything but mangoes. You get my point? Islam (specifically non-Sufism) doesn't teach Naam Simran (repeated recitation of the Divine Name) which is the base of Sikhi, so its very unlikely that you would really grasp the message of Sikhi unless you got rid of the shackles your mind is stuck in. You would need to work very hard to break them and analyse/study the teachings of Gurbani with a totally unbiased mindset. Your display picture doesn't seem like thats gonna happen anytime soon.

if you have studied biology, you may know about evoloution. now, we humans evolved from other species, these were animals that were omnivores. so baisically nulls adam and eve, we aren't a special thing. our ancestors ate meat so have these teeth etc. so, as we developed thought and an intellect to think eating animals is wrong etc. and we can survive off fruits eating animals causes pain etc we sympathise with animals hair has alot of benefits vitamin d allows us to stand out.