How Sikhs explain this?

Auzer

Ok so I was once told by my Sikh friend that hairs are gift of God..God doesn't give you anything for no reason...right? So why you cut the hairs? etc...Well I was thinking about it...

It's true the human body was naturally created with hair and a foreskin. Those that believe Allah does not make stupid mistakes choose to keep their hair and foreskin as a sign of there submission to Allah. Those like Muhammad who were fashion conscious and had an ego decided to shave there upper lip as it was a fashion trend like the Muslim in the video

but then it suddenly struck me that this argument nullifies vegetarian thought...Well see , we all have studied biology here (atleast I hope ! lol) ... Our human body is made to be omnivorous ! We have canines in our buccal cavity...their sole purpose is to break the meat...our digestive system is "designed" to digest meat..we have different acids SPECIFICALLY for digestion of the meat... So why would God give us all these things , if he had wanted us to eat Vegetarian only? Remember , God never gives us anything for no reason..right?

Best answered by proactive above but should humans be allowed to eat other humans they kill because we have the biological ability to digest other humans which presumably Allah gave us. Anyways i thought Islam did not belive in Evolution or Dinosaurs and claimed that Adam was born around 6,000 years ago according to the ancestry of the Qureshi caste traced back to Adam via Ishmael that Muhammad accepted. Basically Muhammad and Islam believe in the Bible's theory of how humans appeared supposedly 6,000 years ago with Adam & Eve near Israel rather than where all the world's scientists say

Isn't it a contradiction in Sikhism?

Thanks!

proactive clearly explained that no contradiction but in the meantime could u explain the contradictions listed below

**MOD EDIT** Don't copy paste the various contradictions in Islam. If you want to, you can start a new topic and mention specifics. Copy pasting doesn't achieve a debate. Leave this out of the intellectual thread please. Thanks.

I thought this was supposed to be "intellectual discussion" thread? Most of the reactions I see here are knee-<banned word filter activated> childish reactions..Smh ....

Auzer Ji, you are too quick to try and point out contradictions in Sikhi when there are so many unanswered questions in Islam. Explain these first before you start on other religions.

I'm not "trying" to point of contradictions in Sikhi .. Just asked a question and wanted to see how Sikhs see this issue...

Regarding rest of your post...it is just childish gibberish....All of the things you mentioned aren't in Islamic doctrine..Most of the things are just from "Sub-continent" (Like wearing sharwar above ankle) etc .......but whatever.....You don't need to bring Islam in everything...Get over with your inferiority-complex regarding Islam....

Did I ever make any comparison of Sikhism with Islam? There's a reason... You can't compare the two faiths...Just like you can't compare India with China........

By the way Auzer...

Discussing Sikhi with a Muslim who isn't really a jigyasu (seeker), but only out to find faults under the garb of discussions/debates

What a retarded post from you. How can you judge me? I sincerely had this question in mind....hence I asked it..I don't need to find "faults" in other faiths...specially faiths like Sikhism.

It is people suffering from inferiority-complex with respect to Islam who do that...See the Sikh members here who ALWAYS bring Islam in....Whereas , I NEVER even wrote the word "Islam" throughout my posts....I only talked about Islam when SIKH members here posted crap WITHOUT any provocation..I just replied...

We all know who's trying to find faults in who's religion .... ;)

Islam (specifically non-Sufism) doesn't teach Naam Simran (repeated recitation of the Divine Name) which is the base of Sikhi,

LOL. So this is the level of your 'knowledge' regarding Islam? You don't know about Dhikar/Zikar ? Even <Edited>-ISLAM has "Dhikar" in its doctrine..

So better you all come out of your inferiority-complex and stop bringing Islam in everything....

Ok Auzer bro let's brush Islam's contradictions under the carpet

+ how about u teach us in this intellectual section a comparison of women's rights in Sikhi as compared to Islam?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-JaFagZ3xU

Also bro inferiority complex refers to when peeps think they are inferior to sombody or something.

I assure u that all those don't believe in circumcision and Muhammad-ism do not feel there belief systems are in any way inferior to Islam

**MOD NOTE**

PANTHER- If you want to debate Islamic practices, then merely make a thread and ask why does Islam do this or why do they do that. See how not many can reply to what you're saying? That's because you keep repeating yourself.

I'm not saying what you're copy pasting isn't true, but at least be specific and objective. Make a new thread if you want to post it.

Well too much political talk...lets get to point....

Ok so I was once told by my Sikh friend that hairs are gift of God..God doesn't give you anything for no reason...right? So why you cut the hairs? etc...Well I was thinking about it...but then it suddenly struck me that this argument nullifies vegetarian thought...Well see , we all have studied biology here (atleast I hope ! lol) ... Our human body is made to be omnivorous ! We have canines in our buccal cavity...their sole purpose is to break the meat...our digestive system is "designed" to digest meat..we have different acids SPECIFICALLY for digestion of the meat... So why would God give us all these things , if he had wanted us to eat Vegetarian only? Remember , God never gives us anything for no reason..right?

Isn't it a contradiction in Sikhism?

Thanks!

Explain to us how Sikhs use their uncut hair? One blind man said to another man who was blind and deaf, i'm going to hit you if you don't stop hitting me with your cane. The man who was blind and deaf was feeling a tune with hitting his cane against something. The man who was deaf and blind gets up and hits the blind man across the face with is cane. The blind man yells.............help im being attacked!!!! Such is the state of something people............

In a spiritual sense, meat is not allowed because of daya, compassion. As someone previously posted, the human mind has evolved to understand compassion. Thats why we don't go barbarically killing our neighbors. For a Sikh the ultimate goal is to reach Waheguru. So in order to do that we need gunn (qualities).

Gurbani says:

ਵਿਣੁ ਗੁਣ ਕੀਤੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥

Vin Gun Keethae Bhagath N Hoe ||

Without virtue, there is no devotional worship.

from Jap Ji Sahib.

If we are to go and kill and eat animals who feel pain which has been proven, then we cannot posses the Gun needed for Bhagati because the compassion isn't there. I don't want this to turn into a meat debate so I wont elaborate further. But as for your question that God gave us the ability to break down protiens why not use it, well God gave us Maya, God created ego, lust, emotional attachment, greed, and anger. But that doesn't mean use it.

I will use an example of Islam, do not take it that I am attacking or anything just an example which will help understand.

The Koran prohibits Muslims from eating pork. Why? Theres two answers given. Because Allah said so. And that pig is unhealthy for a human body due to the internal structures of the pig. I am not going to explain too much on why because you should know this. Well if we use your logic then shouldn't Muslims be allowed to eat pork because pork can be digested ?

Meat of any sort is very very unhealthy for Human body not just Pork and bacon. Which is why Sikhs do not do anything which can cause harm to our body.

Sikhism prohibiting meat does not contradict the idea that the Creator is perfect, therefore he created the body of the creation perfect. Its not a mistake we have hair in "unwanted" places.