Security for Akhand Paaths - needed worldwide-Starting Smethwick

ASinghKhalsa

So what do you do when you go to Gurdwara, first check Guru Ji's saroop and if it is not to your liking you walk away ?

I go to the temple and ask the pardaan or sevadaars if it has a larivaar saroop (if real guru is present). If it is not then I exit the premises. What's the point me being there? How can it be real satsangat when our guru is not present?

ਜੋਜੈਸੀਸੰਗਤਿਮਿਲੈਸੋਤੈਸੋਫਲ੝ਖਾਇ

Jo jaisī sangaṯ milai so ṯaiso fal kẖĝ­ė.

According to the company one keeps, so are the fruits that one eats"

ਉਹਝੂਲੈਉਹਚੀਰੀਝਸਾਕਤਸੰਗ੝ਨਹੇਰਿ ॥੮੮॥

The thorn bush waves in the wind, and pierces the banana plant; see this, and do not associate with the faithless cynics. ॥88॥

Consciousness [MOD CUT] Personal attacks are STRICTLY against the rules. Formal warning issued.He spews his own propaganda and wants to split the panth

People go to the gupth topics and go to sat nam rasayan topic and read his <banned word filter activated> he spews.Reply to this topic

I do not like him no more.I had respect for him before but now I have none.

We need Singhs with shastars in the gurudwara.We need them to be trained for anything.Pay them if needed.Also have a person with a gun licence to keep guns in the gurudwara and teach the sevadars and kirtanis how to use them if the time arises.

Please control your tongue bhai sahib ji.

siaamala(n) madhhur maanukhya(n) ridhaya(n) bhoom vairaneh ||

The mortal is beautiful and speaks sweet words, but in the farm of his heart, he harbors cruel vengeance.

[/left]

During my past 8 years spent among youths, i have seen many changes myself included..those who were lefty- hippy sikhs became staunch right wing nut bars and those who were right wing nut bars became staunch lefties soo much soo much that they fell in ideaology of rss or vice versa fell in hands of ultra elitist tat khalsa fanatics. It's a human nature, if one's keep hearing extreme right or extreme left parchar, chances are many will revolt sooner or later and will go opposite side of the spectrum unless you are really lucky by staying in middle ground which is real sikhi..!!

[/left]

So guys, its just an stage, i m sure he will recover when his hyper ventilation, gurmat/mamat- black and white sikhi trumpet wears off..I do pray when he does recover, he finds an middle ground in sikhi!!

[/left]

[/left]

Let me tell you there are some people who want to follow every hukam of guru sahib attain his total happiness but many try to find short cuts and ways out. Will you get love (sackhand) without following guru sahib totally?

I was once a manmukh went to parties and hanged around with the wrong crowd. Those people loved me because I was LIKE them but when I started keeping my kes and started to follow a gursikhi lifestyle they started to neglect and hate me. Why? because they were jealous.

Next I moved to certain group in sikhi (I don't want to mention any names) who were obsessed with keeping only certain rehats such as sarbloh bibek etc. I was with them for sometime and they liked me a lot because we were similar. But one day I questioned them about not doing keertan in raag and that it is wrong not to as this is hukam by guru sahib. I told them we left manmukh sangat (sharabi kababi people) because they didn't follow rehats and we are doing the same but you know what happened?

They got so angry and joked about raag being not important. I knew these people were only obsessed with one teaching of someone but didn't want to follow all hukams of guru sahib. I wrote this in another post but this is very important so I'll paste it below:

I would also like to add and this is very very important. As well as what I wrote above about sarbloh bibek and amridhari cooking the food only. I have noticed a weakness in others rehit as well, which for serious seekers of gurmat naam should keep focus on.

Raag vidia is a MUST! Keertan sung in non raag is not keertan and should be not listened to. Guru's bani is perfect and keertan sung from gurbani must be perfect. People who do not sing in raag should learn how to and this is a hukam from guru sahib (as gurbani is composed in raag).

Ones who do not sing in raag should be avoided. We must follow ALL of guru sahib's hukam to get his full blessings and get sachkand. Without following all hukams the maximum we can reach is KARAM KHAND.

ONLY gursikhs who do keertan in raag, keep sarbloh bibek ie all hukams can become one with Guru!

NB. Obviously this will apply to serious seekers of naam abiaas so choose your sangat wisely.

Anyway I had no sangat for very long time but unfortunately I fell and tried to find a short cut by following some teaching of saints (don't want to mention any names because they are very prominent in sikhi i.e. they have autobiographies and recordings online).

But guru ji then did kirpa again and made me realise NOT all of these KEPT ALL REHATS OF GURU SAHIB. So how were they saints? We need to follow our TRUE GURU not some sant or dehdari Guru. Running from one sants teaching to another. Remember this - here's a pad ched for your reference.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥

bin sathigur kinai n paaeiou bin sathigur kinai n paaeiaa ||

Without the True Guru, no one has obtained the Lord; without the True Guru, no one has obtained the Lord.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਿਚਿ ਆਪੁ ਰਖਿਓਨੁ ਕਰਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਆਖਿ ਸੁਣਾਇਆ ॥

sathigur vich aap rakhioun kar paragatt aakh sunaaeiaa ||

He has placed Himself within the True Guru; revealing Himself, He declares this openly.

Satguru Mehar KARAN

Daas consciousness

Raag vidia is a MUST! Keertan sung in non raag is not keertan and should be not listened to. Guru's bani is perfect and keertan sung from gurbani must be perfect. People who do not sing in raag should learn how to and this is a hukam from guru sahib (as gurbani is composed in raag).

Ones who do not sing in raag should be avoided. We must follow ALL of guru sahib's hukam to get his full blessings and get sachkand. Without following all hukams the maximum we can reach is KARAM KHAND.

i like this.

Hey consciousness do you go to work?

Yes I do - I am a youth worker and I love my job it allows me to teach youngsters about tat gurmat and bring people into living a gursikhi lifestyle. A lot of youth love the parchaar and want to become sikh! Dhan Dhan Maharaj :respect: will bring all the world back to khalsa

Satguru mehar karan

Daas

Consciousness

I go to the temple and ask the pardaan or sevadaars if it has a larivaar saroop (if real guru is present). If it is not then I exit the premises. What's the point me being there? How can it be real satsangat when our guru is not present?

ਜੋਜੈਸੀਸੰਗਤਿਮਿਲੈਸੋਤੈਸੋਫਲ੝ਖਾਇ

Jo jaisī sangaṯ milai so ṯaiso fal kẖĝ­ė.

According to the company one keeps, so are the fruits that one eats"

ਉਹਝੂਲੈਉਹਚੀਰੀਝਸਾਕਤਸੰਗ੝ਨਹੇਰਿ ॥੮੮॥

The thorn bush waves in the wind, and pierces the banana plant; see this, and do not associate with the faithless cynics. ॥88॥

Please control your tongue bhai sahib ji.

siaamala(n) madhhur maanukhya(n) ridhaya(n) bhoom vairaneh ||

The mortal is beautiful and speaks sweet words, but in the farm of his heart, he harbors cruel vengeance.

[/left]

Let me tell you there are some people who want to follow every hukam of guru sahib attain his total happiness but many try to find short cuts and ways out. Will you get love (sackhand) without following guru sahib totally?

I was once a manmukh went to parties and hanged around with the wrong crowd. Those people loved me because I was LIKE them but when I started keeping my kes and started to follow a gursikhi lifestyle they started to neglect and hate me. Why? because they were jealous.

Next I moved to certain group in sikhi (I don't want to mention any names) who were obsessed with keeping only certain rehats such as sarbloh bibek etc. I was with them for sometime and they liked me a lot because we were similar. But one day I questioned them about not doing keertan in raag and that it is wrong not to as this is hukam by guru sahib. I told them we left manmukh sangat (sharabi kababi people) because they didn't follow rehats and we are doing the same but you know what happened?

They got so angry and joked about raag being not important. I knew these people were only obsessed with one teaching of someone but didn't want to follow all hukams of guru sahib. I wrote this in another post but this is very important so I'll paste it below:

I would also like to add and this is very very important. As well as what I wrote above about sarbloh bibek and amridhari cooking the food only. I have noticed a weakness in others rehit as well, which for serious seekers of gurmat naam should keep focus on.

ONLY gursikhs who do keertan in raag, keep sarbloh bibek ie all hukams can become one with Guru!

NB. Obviously this will apply to serious seekers of naam abiaas so choose your sangat wisely.

Anyway I had no sangat for very long time but unfortunately I fell and tried to find a short cut by following some teaching of saints (don't want to mention any names because they are very prominent in sikhi i.e. they have autobiographies and recordings online).

But guru ji then did kirpa again and made me realise NOT all of these KEPT ALL REHATS OF GURU SAHIB. So how were they saints? We need to follow our TRUE GURU not some sant or dehdari Guru. Running from one sants teaching to another. Remember this - here's a pad ched for your reference.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥

bin sathigur kinai n paaeiou bin sathigur kinai n paaeiaa ||

Without the True Guru, no one has obtained the Lord; without the True Guru, no one has obtained the Lord.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਿਚਿ ਆਪੁ ਰਖਿਓਨੁ ਕਰਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਆਖਿ ਸੁਣਾਇਆ ॥

sathigur vich aap rakhioun kar paragatt aakh sunaaeiaa ||

He has placed Himself within the True Guru; revealing Himself, He declares this openly.

Satguru Mehar KARAN

Daas consciousness

I agree with how Kirtan should be sung in Raags. I don't like it when raagi's sing in musical tunes which could have been from songs or whatever. The name RAAGI in itself has Raag in it. However, they are still singing our Guru Sahib's Bani even though they may not be singing it in the right way. Lets not disrespect Maharaj's Bani by saying that we shouldn't listen to it. Waheguru Ji deh gunn aapneh kana vich jaandeh neh. Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj deh bachan aapa suhndeh ah. Whether we read Gurbani from pothi sahib, lareevar Guru Granth Sahib Ji or Pad Ched Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the bani we read and recite is dhan dhan king of kings Guru Nanak Patshah Ji di bani.

But brother how do you do nitnem then? If you don't agree with pad ched granth?

No seriously do you have a real job?

If I kept on saying this over and over again and kept on calling your job a fake how would you feel?Your job is absolutely 100% a real job but if I kept on saying its fake wouldn't that not be true?Same thing with the pad ched Granth.Your saying that is fake and not real when it is actually real.I believe in larivaar saroop as well but I don't bash other granths because they are written in a different format or different language.

Also don't say that sant and mahpurshs who didn't do some rehats are not true Sants.They might have a higher avastha then us.

I hope we can be friends again veer ji.

Consiousness,

Having read your reply in the OSHO thread and this one it seems you have differing personalities, at one point you can see that guru is everywhere i am not talkin about in plants, in others but literally everywhere omnipresent but in this thread a pad ched saroop means no guru for you? . although i agree larivaar saroop is more desirable i wouldnt show disrespect to pad ched saroop either.

swings and roundabouts really

Don't like this negativity. Gurbanee is Gurbanee. Many people in our Panth are against Dasam Granth Sahib and Sri Sarbloh Granth and now they are going to against more Banee. Respect all Banee equally. Think about the hits you'll get from Dharam Raaj from saying such things about Guru Granth Sahib Jee!!!!!!!