Is posting facts about a religion = an insult?

panther

Is posting facts about a religion an insult?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is posting facts about a religion an insult? Freedom of speech = insult

• Yes any facts posted about Radha Swami or Sirsa Sauda are insults
    • No posting facts about religions or there founders is not insulting

Should Sikhs be aloowed to post any facts about Sathya Sai Baba or Jhoota Sauda or Narkswami?

Or should we just shut up because someone will call that an insult against their religion?

By posting direct quotes from Sathya Sai Baba or Jhoot Sauda or Dera wale how does that insult them?

It exposes them yes but just by posting quotes from them doesn't insult them, surely?

It we exposes bad things done by founders of dera or religiions, is that an insult?

Can mods highlight to sangat a single thing which they consider as an insult?

People can't expose Devi worshippers doing Havans or Laxmi Puja. Those posts get trashed.

People can't expose Jinnah for wanting all of Punjab's Gurdwara's in Pakistan. Those posts get trashed.

People can't expose Dhunda and Ghagga as heretic atheists. Those posts get trashed.

People can't expose Gurinder Dhillon and Radha Swami. Those posts get trashed.

People can promote Mormonism but when a rebutttal from the Book Of Mormon, those posts get trashed.

Tomorrow people say something against Indira Gandhi, i expect those posts will get blocked.

After that it will become a crime to insult Suraj Mani or Tytler or Sajan Kumar.

Then the goons who burnt up SGGS Ji in Sahnewal will become holy cows as criticising them will be deemed an insult.

Then saying anything jhoota sauda, narkdhariwale, bahnariasaala or even Satya Sai Baba or David Koresh will be a crime?

Laying bare the truth is not an insult or is it? Not a single thing was said against any innocent follower.

Most know that followers aren't as bad as the rapists and pedophiles they follow.

But by posting quotes from their own religions then that no way is that an insult.

If the truth offends then there must be something wrong with the truth of the lifetime of the God-Man involved.

I welcome any1 that hates Sikhi to posts any ang of SGGS Ji and then show that as an insult.

Let anyone in this world show any link between the Guru's and slavery, rape, murder, pedophilia, wealth and empire.

Is there a critical difference? The internet is about freedom of expression. Especially when based on facts

Suppose I'm an Atheist...

I come up to you and say "Your Guru Nanak was a lier...God? Bah he doesn't even exist...Your Guru just lied to trap you guys..He was a ****" ... Now this is my "fact" ...but do you take it in that way? I can also say "Well Mr follower..I have no problem with you...but your Gurbani is just piece of ......." ...And suppose I pop up in EVERY thread and start posting tons of such things and links....Would that be acceptable to you?

Secondly , posting facts should be allowed but posting Christian-missionary propaganda and copy-pasting hundreds of link. should not..

Thirdly , there is a time for every talk. Posting your so-called facts where they don't even belong is an insult. Suppose your loved one died...and I go "Dude , this new bollywood film is badass. I really loved it!" ...Now the thing I said is a "fact" in my world...but it doesn't belong where I'm spewing it. Same goes for you... Your so called 'facts' (read anti-Islamic propaganda) don't even belong to the place , thread , discussion etc you post them in..

Don't think people here are children. Members can see if somone is 'posting facts' or intentionally 'bashing/insulting the other faith' etc .....

MODS can explain you better than I did.

Mehtab sion thinking of retiring from mod/admin job veera? lol...trust me i had it for 10 years..you would think it be easy for adult human to follow simple rules but..lol no we are all born and bought as rebellious kid- parent says no, kids say -yes...no means yes, yes means no...lol!!!!!!

posting 'facts' about religions can be insulting. but since when are radhasoami, jhoota sauda, narakdharis etc religions?? their sole aim is to gumraa people, take them away from Sikhi by distorting facts about it. they are government funded organised groups out to demean, insult and undermine Sikhi

• 2 years later...

I have no problem with facts , if they are facts i.e. the truth , substantiated with linked data... but of course wrongdoers should expect a Sikh to point out what is not right , it's part of their job description along with righting wrongs. If your faith cannot stand up in the bright light of truth , then the kammi is in your faith/cult not in the person who observes it. This is not the Emperor's clothes we can see the nang and we will say what we see, not ridicule but just simply state the fact like the little boy.

How do you know if radha soamis, nirankaris etc are wrong, what facts do you have? I have some in my family live and let live, if people are happy to follow it what can you do apart from parchar?

If you know that someone you care about is about to fall down into a huge hole , would you shut up and let them do it just because it makes them temporarily happy due to their shortsightness (prior to falling) or would you be a true friend and warn them that the fall is ahead and how to avoid it ?

lakh chaurasi joon is a living hell that lasts for millions of years before you get another chance at mukhti, would you want them to go through it just cos it may make them upset a small while until they realise ?