halal meat

Guest Jo

Would muslims eat meat that is not halal?

I know Muslims who have done this and also drink alcohol and other stuff they not "supposed" to. But thats their choice.

People running these canteens, takeaways, supermarkets that sell Halal food are just trying to make cash and thats all they concerned with. I think they see it as if they sell non-Halal food muslims wont buy the food. But if they sell Halal food muslims will buy, also so will everyone else cus others dont "care". Which is wrong IMO and even more wrong when the food is not labelled for what it is, but thats another subject.

Please can I have some advise. I understand that Sikh's do not eat halal meat. If a sikh/group of sikhs went to a non religous college and found only halal meat (and 2 vegetarian) choices available for lunch, would they a) be offended at only being offered halal meat and b) would it cause them to not book onto a coutrse again because of it, or would they simply have a veggie choice and not be bothered.

if it is a case of they would be offeneded can you say is this due to the method of killing halal meat or the religous implications of its killing (eg the prayer to allah)

thank you

I think c) take your own food. probs better not buying from there full stop.

But yes, if its the case of being offended IMO it will be because of the prayer to Allah on the tape running in the background while the person/machines cutting the meat.

If its a non religious college, why serve halal meat? Why fulfill the needs of one group yet ignore those of the rest?

The majority of practicing Sikhs practice lacto-vegetarianism. So they will most likely bring packed lunches anyway. But for those Sikhs who do not fully practice their religion and therefore may choose to eat meat, will not eat halal meat as not only is it a religious food as it is prayed upon in the name of Allah by Muslims, but it is also killed in a manner which most consider inhumane or less painful than standard means by stunning and then killing. http://www.newscientist.com/mobile/article/dn17972-animals-feel-the-pain-of-religious-slaughter.html

Any person of any faith other than Islam will be discriminated against by the introduction of halal meat to the college. Strongly advise against it.