Alcohol is in our Gurdware!

TuhadaDaas

Please be aware that many of our gurdwarae use ghee bought from stores to use in langar and for degh. Some of this sold ghee is not 100% ghee but contains other ingredients. One such ingredient is ethyl butyrate, this contains ethanol, ethanol is actual drinking alcohol (sharaab). This is certainly totally forbidden for Gursikhs, imagine if someone came and put a tiny drop of sharaab in your pot of gheeo, you would not eat it, this is exactly what the company is doing.

Please make your gurdwarae and friends and family aware of this and ensure that you and your Gurdwarae only buy and use that ghee which is 100% and does not contain any added ingredients or chemicals, ideally, make the gheeo at the Gurdwara Sahib.

It is a must that we all inform Gurdwara langar and degh sevadars, committee and put up a sign to tell local sangat not to bring such ghee.

One example of a brand with this added ingredient is East End butter ghee, which lists its ingredients as;

Butterfat 99.8% Minimum, Moisture 0.2% Maximum, flavouring (Ethyl Butyrate 0.01%). (Ingredients taken from: http://www.ocado.com...r-Ghee/53271011)

I think the one by East End called PURE butter ghee is ok, but even then check to see if there are any added ingredients. Same applies to the other brands such as KTC, Pride, etc. I think its best we avoid any ghee with anything added.

ethanol is a 100% natural chemical found in trace amounts in apples grapes bananas etc, surely fermented alcoholic drinks which distort your mind are kurehts ? 0.01% are you serious, theres probably that amount in a single grape

OMG you eat fruit that's anti gurmat. PAPI!!!!! LOL just joking... actually you better go pesh just to be safe. :biggrin2:

Here panthic police is on a mission again, somebody get them jeep with kurahit siren..!!!!!!!!

I tend to agree with foolish, but surely he is just a concerned Sikh.

I think it's a good thing overall if you're critical, but if something like what foolish paaji presents is true, then we should accept that as well. There are some Sikh Gurudwaras who bring food with eggs in them into the langar/Punjabi school, which is the opposite side to the spectrum.

Sorry bro after reading the part of post below..i couldn't help it. Its pretty evident you opened up this thread not to vichar but super impose your views to put signs up already without any discussion.

It is a must that we all inform Gurdwara langar and degh sevadars, committee and put up a sign to tell local sangat not to bring such ghee.

Sorry bro after reading the part of post below..i couldn't help it. Its pretty evident you opened up this thread not to vichar but super impose your views to put signs up already without any discussion.

[/b]

I didn't really bother writing, 'in my view' before every sentence I write. The very fact that I am a nobody who has just come onto a discussion forum, is me in myself acknowledging that I have no authority to anyone. I am sorry about how my post came across and will work on it. I am no one to dare even thinking I can force the sangat to do anything.