Alcohol is in our Gurdware!

TuhadaDaas

Those preparing langar such also do paath and naam abhiyaas instead of gossip and general conversations.

This is an issue which bothers me a lot personally. I have seen countless incidents at the Gurdwara Sahib where bibiya instead of doing path and naam abhiyaas stand there gossip. There was one incident when I heard an older bibi talking about disgusting and vulgar things while making prashadeh.

Ghor Kaljug Ah Gaya!

Tuhada Daas jeeo,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru jee ki fateh!

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the sangat. It is is very disappointing that some members are mocking you for bringing this to the attention of the sangat. All I can say is to ignore them. You have bought this to the attention of the sangat and now we can discuss whether this ghee is acceptable or not in a Gurmat manner with pyaar. There is no need for name calling.

Rehit is the lifeline of a Gursikh, from the day we take amrit until the day we leave our human body we strive to obey the hukams of the Panj Piare. Those that take Rehit seriously will more likely have a good Gursikhi jeevan i.e. amritvela, naam abhiyaas, strong nitnem....................................

As for ghee, if this was made from scratch at the Gurdwara there would be no problem. What is happening is that Gurdwaras are trying to finding the easiest and fastest way to prepare food. However if all the food in langar was made from from scratch these problems would be avoided. Nowadays some Gurdwaras obtain such foods such as jalebis from shops which is wrong. How do we know what kind of sucham these shops keep and also meat is also prepared in some indian sweet shops.

We need to get back to basics. Instead of making lots of foods for langar keep it simple and fresh. 1 Daal, 1 Saabji, Yoghurt and kheer all use made using fresh ghee and fresh ingredients. Also another important ingredient for langar is naam and baani, Those preparing langar such also do paath and naam abhiyaas instead of gossip and general conversations.

All deserts - gulan jaam, jalebi, barfi e.t.c. should be made at the langar kitchen and not from outside. Ghee should be made by the sevadaars also to ensure sucham. I am sure Guru Sahib would have encouraged Gursikhs to prepare fresh food and maintain high level of sucham. Remember this is Guru Ka Langar.

Satguru Mehar Karan!

I agree with the bhai sahib above. As well as this langar should be served in sarbloh batai and ONLY amridharis must make the food. Now days the Deg is made by non amridharis and this is pure manmat; serious seekers in gurmat naam abiaas should refrain from eating the deg or even langar at the gurdwara if non amridharis make it.

Satguru Mehar Karan!

Daas

Consciousness

Surely, if amritdharis should be making all the food then the problem is that there aren't enough or that they are not involved in the making of langar?

I completely agree with making food/things yourself and presenting them to the Guru. It means so much more than just buying prepared food. However, I've been guilty of this, if only because I can't cook samosas.

I agree with the bhai sahib above. As well as this langar should be served in sarbloh batai and ONLY amridharis must make the food. Now days the Deg is made by non amridharis and this is pure manmat; serious seekers in gurmat naam abiaas should refrain from eating the deg or even langar at the gurdwara if non amridharis make it.

Satguru Mehar Karan!

Daas

Consciousness

Veer Ji I am not an amritdhari so does that mean when I do langar di seva its wrong? Why?

I would also like to add and this is very very important. As well as what I wrote above about sarbloh bibek and amridhari cooking the food only. I have noticed a weakness in others rehit as well, which for serious seekers of gurmat naam should keep focus on.

Raag vidia is a MUST! Keertan sung in non raag is not keertan and should be not listened to. Guru's bani is perfect and keertan sung from gurbani must be perfect. People who do not sing in raag should learn how to and this is a hukam from guru sahib (as gurbani is composed in raag).

Ones who do not sing in raag should be avoided. We must follow ALL of guru sahib's hukam to get his full blessings and get sachkand. Without following all hukams the maximum we can reach is KARAM KHAND.

ONLY gursikhs who do keertan in raag, keep sarbloh bibek ie all hukams can become one with Guru!

NB. Obviously this will apply to serious seekers of naam abiaas so choose your sangat wisely.

ਜੋਜੈਸੀਸੰਗਤਿਮਿਲੈਸੋਤੈਸੋਫਲ੝ਖਾਇ

Jo jaisī sangaṯ milai so ṯaiso fal kẖĝ­ė.

According to the company one keeps, so are the fruits that one eats"

ਉਹਝੂਲੈਉਹਚੀਰੀਝਸਾਕਤਸੰਗ੝ਨਹੇਰਿ ॥੮੮॥

The thorn bush waves in the wind, and pierces the banana plant; see this, and do not associate with the faithless cynics. ॥88॥

The faithless cynics are ones who do NOT FOLLOW ALL HUKAMS!

Veer Ji I am not an amritdhari so does that mean when I do langar di seva its wrong? Why?

Yes it is wrong because you are not amritdari you have not obtained the true naam - so when making langar how can you do true naam abiaas and make langar properly because you haven't received naam - so how can your naam be passed on to the food to make it holy. Naam can only be obtained from guru roop punj pyarea who have serious naam roopi. Once you have naam drir then you can do langar di seva until then you can clean the dishs or hoover the floors.

It is important because you are being unfair to amridharis who keep full rehit; your weakness will affect their gursikhi jeevan. Please be cautious.

Daas

Consciousness

Yes it is wrong because you are not amritdari you have not obtained the true naam - so when making langar how can you do true naam abiaas and make langar properly because you haven't received naam - so how can your naam be passed on to the food to make it holy. Naam can only be obtained from guru roop punj pyarea who have serious naam roopi. Once you have naam drir then you can do langar di seva until then you can clean the dishs or hoover the floors.

It is important because you are being unfair to amridharis who keep full rehit; your weakness will affect their gursikhi jeevan. Please be cautious.

Daas

Consciousness

I dont quite think that you have the right to tell me that no offense. The Gursikhs that know me would speak otherwise. Someone who is not an amritdhari, their nitnem could be far greater than that of an Amritdhari. This sort of attitude is what drives youth away from Sikhi. I am not weak, I'm trying to achieve at a slow pace. Who are you to tell me that I cannot do Seva at my Guru's ghar? What makes food holy? Its one thing to stop people from making langar who indulge in wrongful activities and its another to stop someone who is working to fix their jeevan. I am not being unfair to any Amritdharis.

I expected a more sophisticated and intellectual response. Not a response bashing on why I am weak and I will cause harm to others gursikhi jeevan.

What you expected was a reply that would satisfy your ego. Sorry but the truth is truth you need to become a better sikh and take amrit. Of course I can improve as well, which I am doing.

From experience It does hurt when people try to help you by telling you what's right. Besides you asked for my opinion and I'm sorry you didn't like the answer.

Gursikhs in the past would NOT eat from others if they did not keep sarbloh bibek; I'm not bashing you! Hopefully you will now take this aggression of yours and put it to good use and improve your gursikhi jeevan.

Daas

Consciousness