desire to trim my beard

Guest random guy

Guest Bajwasaab009

Only head hair is called kesh .beard is not mandatory in sikhism . Sikhs of history did keep beard because in those time warrior Sikhs use to wear large dumalls in battlefield . So without beard big turban dont suit.therefore they kept beard

Guest Jacfsing2
On 5/17/2017 at 1:57 PM, Guest Bajwasaab009 said:

Only head hair is called kesh .beard is not mandatory in sikhism . Sikhs of history did keep beard because in those time warrior Sikhs use to wear large dumalls in battlefield . So without beard big turban dont suit.therefore they kept beard

All hairs on the body are Kesh, either you keep it like a legit person or cut it like a legit person. Don't be a Pakhandi.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 2012-9-8 at 0:35 PM, PranaamShaheedaNu said:

Bro, don't trim your dhari! I was going through the same stuff at home, my parents kept telling me I looked messy and untidy etc, that I looked old, but all I remembered was that Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave me their look, their bakshish is Kesh!

What the hell has world come to ?? now parents of sikh boys tell them that they look messy and aged with beard ? like seriously ! so much of self loathing ?

• 1 month later...
Guest Singh

Veere I'll focus on the part you said about feeling clean and your beard looking clean.you take a shower everyday right?Firstly, Beard is also a part of your body shampoo it once a day ,doesn't cost much even .Oil it an tie it doesn't take more than 10 minutes.secondly nowadays many of us sikh youngsters have been comparing ourselves with others and think of a beard as an optional accessory, my point being why so difficult for you to be comfortable in your own skin.i won't go towards the religion side.see even i am just 22 but this beard is something that gives me reminder of my identity.if people ask why beard ? I ask why not . N if it is regarding girls don't like beard trust me man the girls who talk to you for the way you ,i think it's just not worth it.har koi is tarah sochne lag gya to the next generation of ours won't identify a pagg with a beard and that's just downright sad. You know whenever I look in a mirror i see a reflection of my father, ye sirf daadi nhi ye teri viraasat hai aur viraasate bhulayi nhi jaati inhe kaaim rakhte hai. I have been in your place and rabb da shukar hai i didn't do it . Just be yourself

Since this old thread has been revived, I will have to comment.

IF you want to look like trim Singh then you can easily just do thathi on different parts of your beard and moustache to compress them. Then when you want to look like a Singh you just open it and maybe use kanga to sort it.

However, we really don't need to have short beards. PErhaps for specific reasons in your job you might need to. Otherwise, only time Singhs tired their beards up was because the angrez ordered them to for serving in BRitish army and I guess this got carried over to east african sikh descendents and modern indian army as well. Or obviously, if you're a Singh who is doing spy work for Khalsa.

OR there is the extreme when Bhagat Singh had to trim his hairs.

Anyway I remember an amrit dhari I went to school with. HE was handsome and always had tied beard pics on Facebook. He is from an east african background. And then a few years ago he seems to have trimmed his dhari and has pics with these. I also always see him with some hindu girl on FB pics now.

Very strange people. I have pendoo jatt drunk relatives and I wear my dhari with pride around them. I hope it intimidates them as well.

I personally think that men with beards look more like men and are quite handsome. If you use the right products such as oils and what nots you can get your beard to still look neat and clean. Basics of Sikhi once said... Be Brave Dont Shave... I dont have a beard depending on how close you are to my face but i like to follow that particular quote!  :rofl

• 1 year later...
Guest Vikramjit Singh

Sikh kyu apni beard tream karde ne isde piche ik  reason hai ki oh fashion nu follow karn lyi and kudiyan nu impress karan layi karde ne. Ehy sab kuch karke oh apne guru nu pith dikhaunde ne. Mai v pehle beard trim kiti hoyi c par menu rabb di bakshish hoyi te mai beard rakh layi. Mai recently beard oils de upar website v shuru kiti hai https://www.bestnreview.com/  ki kyu sikh beard oil use nahi karda. Kyu oh fixco laga laga ke apni beard nu damage kari jaa reha ha. Mai bas ehy kehna chahunda han ki apni good beard nu samb ke rakho te usnu damage na karo fixco laga ke.