Tea and Coffee

ghatak

Anything addictive is not good for your body, mind and especially jeevan. If you get addicted to chaa and you don't drink it in the morning you'll have a horrible day filled with headaches and mood swings.

Chaa was brought to Punjab by the britishers. If I had it my way I'd push to encourage a stop to catering at langars where they bring a whole buffet to Gurudwara with coke and a bunch of different things.

They should have simple daal, maybe one other sabji, some sweet (maybe kheer) and water or milk. Langar should be simple and slowly should stop bringing cha and instead promote healthy foods at Gurudwara.

There is nothing more healthy than daal, saag, roti or makki di roti. Basically whatever the sangat that is doing the langar sewa, if they can make it themselves without a caterer then it should be fine I guess.

Green tea and that stuff that doesn't have caffeine won't be bad for you I guess. They supposedly do have health benefits like simran345 says, but just have to make sure they don't have caffeine as most don't.

Generally chaa is bad for you because it will become physically addictive and people will be in denial, just like a drug addict would as well. This applies to our families lol.

Just try telling a family member not to drink cha for a day or two and they will either say no and if they somehow agree they will be cranky and likely try to drink up again.

Yeah, i guess depends on how much one drinks too @ Singh559. My grandmother used to drink quite a few cups a day, "khaarkeh desi chaa", but when she didnt drink on one day, used to be so gusse, and start shouting at us lolz.

I dont drink more than 1-2cups a day. I guess it can get addictive if u dont drink it in moderation. But coffee is not good at all, not had coffee in years, gives headaches, like coka cola.....

sangat ji

Can amritdhaari sikh drink tea and coffee? is it ok to drink them?

also i think it is not prohibited in rehatnamas taught by dasam patshah ji

please advise and share thoughts

Drinking tea is manmat; if you are serious about gurmat naam abiaas it should be avoided. I used to have tea but it affects your avasta and gursikhi jeevan.

Daas

Consciousness