Osho on Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Consciousness

Osho was very gifted with the ability to explain such subtle concepts in a way that made sense to the average person. He also attained a very high degree of awareness. However, he didn't understand Guru Nanak or Sikhi. In his description of various prophets, he stated that Guru Nanak believed in sargun bhagti only. The truth is that Guru ji taught a method to take us from sargun to nirgun. This shows that his understanding and level of study of the Sikh dharm was quite limited. Still, his insights are inspiring, but be cautioned.

This is incorrect if you read the book the true name by osho where he does veehar on Japji sahib. He writes about how guru ji talks about the annihilation of the ego - disappearance of a individual self i.e. from sargun to Nirgun.

Also he continuously talks about naam being nirgun in that book. Please read.

Daas Consciousness

http://www.osho.com/library/online-library-nanak-granth-master-12ef2c4c-8b5.aspx

if it still doesn't work try using a different browser.

he says that guru granth sahib ji is just a book, not alive. he just doesn't understand.

basically he is saying a religion is dead once its masters leave, that you need a live master. which shows he is either unaware or unwilling to admit the existence of numerous pooran sants in our dharm. even if someone doesn't get the concept of guru granth sahib ji, someone from hindu background should at least understand the concept of a sant. i think he probably said what he said to make himself appear bigger.

http://www.osho.com/...ef2c4c-8b5.aspx

if it still doesn't work try using a different browser.

he says that guru granth sahib ji is just a book, not alive. he just doesn't understand.

basically he is saying a religion is dead once its masters leave, that you need a live master. which shows he is either unaware or unwilling to admit the existence of numerous pooran sants in our dharm. even if someone doesn't get the concept of guru granth sahib ji, someone from hindu background should at least understand the concept of a sant. i think he probably said what he said to make himself appear bigger.

Osho is not a big fan of religion so he is always cussing it. I don't think he is bigging himself up because if you watch or read more of his material he denies his existence to body, mind etc.

He doesn't like how in religion people read scripture but never understand it - hence why they are so many different interpretations and fights caused over scripture because people believe their take on scripture is correct. He believes that only the true master who wrote the scripture can give the correct interpretation and for this to be done the master/guru needs to be alive. BTW Osho is a BIG believer of saints as he keeps going on and on about them LOL.

Although what osho says there is very blunt and rude as guru ji is sadha ang sangea.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ॥

सतिगुरू बिना होर कची है बाणी ॥

Saṯgurū binā hor kacẖī hai baṇī.

Without the True Guru, other songs are false.

ਬਾਣੀ ਤ ਕਚੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥

बाणी त कची सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥

Baṇī ṯa kacẖī saṯgurū bājẖahu hor kacẖī baṇī.

The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.

ਕਹਦੇ ਕਚੇ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਕਚੇ ਕਚੀ ਆਖਿ ਵਖਾਣੀ ॥

कहदे कचे सुणदे कचे कचीं आखि वखाणी ॥

Kahḏe kacẖe suṇḏe kacẖe kacẖīʼn ākẖ vakẖāṇī.

The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਰਸਨਾ ਕਹਿਆ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਜਾਣੀ ॥

हरि हरि नित करहि रसना कहिआ कछू न जाणी ॥

Har har niṯ karahi rasnā kahi▫ā kacẖẖū na jāṇī.

They may continually chant, 'Har, Har' with their tongues, but they do not know what they are saying.

ਚਿਤੁ ਜਿਨ ਕਾ ਹਿਰਿ ਲਇਆ ਮਾਇਆ ਬੋਲਨਿ ਪਏ ਰਵਾਣੀ ॥

चितु जिन का हिरि लइआ माइआ बोलनि पए रवाणी ॥

Cẖiṯ jin kā hir la▫i▫ā mā▫i▫ā bolan pa▫e ravāṇī.

Their consciousness is lured by Maya; they are just reciting mechanically.

ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥੨੪॥

कहै नानकु सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥२४॥

Kahai Nānak saṯgurū bājẖahu hor kacẖī baṇī. ||24||

Says Nanak, without the True Guru, other songs are false. ||24||

We all read Sri Anand Sahib da Paat, which includes the above pauri. Anyone that tells others to read Osho writing or listen to his videos to gain spiritual wisdom of Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj should listen to this pauri very carefully. Ask a Gyani what and who this above pauri is refering too, then present Osho's writing on who Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj to the Gyani......just don't take my word for it........ask a person who knows a million times more than me. It is well esablished that Osho called Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj as dead among other degrading remarks.

Very visible and what confuses many is this tuk in the 24th pauri of Sri Anand Sahib da Paat:

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਰਸਨਾ ਕਹਿਆ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਜਾਣੀ ॥

They may continually chant, 'Har, Har' with their tongues, but they do not know what they are saying.

Couple of posters are saying here that Osho knows so much, he has so much gyan about spiritual wisdom, others should really read and listen to what he has said. That is the whole point why the op started the thread. In the above tuk what does Har Har mean? Does it mean the person is praising the new iphone 5 that just came out. Obviously not. Is it saying the person is praising the world. Again that is very obvious no. Osho in his writing and his video is praising God as he understands him. The above tuk is refering to such people who understand God in their own way. What takes place when people understand God in their own way? Satguru gives us this answer in the same tuk. Satguru says the person is spiritual lost and is just babbling. This tuk is directly talking about people like Osho. First reason and only reason to demostrate this is that Osho said Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is dead. When Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj and Shabad Guru tells us Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is alive and the eternal Guru. Right here another fact is established. Osho is without Satguru (True Guru), since he went against Gurbani. There is no if, and, buts here. Now in the same pauri we are told this:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ॥

सतिगुरू बिना होर कची है बाणी ॥

Saṯgurū binā hor kacẖī hai baṇī.

Without the True Guru, other songs are false.

When Osho speaks of God he is doing it with his own understanding, if he didn't then he would not disagree with Gurbani. So Osho is giving his own made up sermons, speeches, katha, whatever you want to call it about God. When he speaks it has no Gurbani backing and if what he says matches with Gurbani, it is only because he agrees with himself (with is mind after meditating without the True Guru) (how do you know when the true Guru is with you when meditating, that is a different topic, let's not start that here) and doesn't care what Gurbani says. If he cared about what Gurbani says, then he would have said Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is not dead and is alive just like Gurbani tells us. Due to this Osho is giving others lessons from Kachi Bani (his own made up theories about God) Here is the next tuk to the above tuk and hear, sing, read what Satguru says about such people:

ਬਾਣੀ ਤ ਕਚੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥

बाणी त कची सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥

Baṇī ṯa kacẖī saṯgurū bājẖahu hor kacẖī baṇī.

The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.

What Osho is saying is false and Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj does not agree with him for one second. The next tuk is very important to understand as Satguru is speaking to those who tell others to listen to Osho and take his advice and put it into practice themselves:

<a class="dict" href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਹਦੇ">ਕਹਦੇ ਕਚੇ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਕਚੇ ਕਚੀ ਆਖਿ ਵਖਾਣੀ

कहदे कचे सुणदे कचे कचीं आखि वखाणी ॥

Kahḏe kacẖe suṇḏe kacẖe kacẖīʼn ākẖ vakẖāṇī.

The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.

Satguru says Osho is already false for going against Gurbani. And those who sit and attentively listen to Osho to gain spiritual wisdom are false. But i know many probably have this on there mind by now. But Osho is just telling us to meditate on God and how we can arrive to realizing God...........how could you say this is wrong. To such people, listen to what this next tuk is saying to you. Again take this pauri to a gyani and ask him the arth for this pauri and then a week later take Osho writings and videos to the same Gyani. Ask the Gyani to review the material and then again present the pauri before the Gyani and ask him to do arth for you. See what happens.............you got nothing to lose by doing this. In this next tuk Satguru says the people are repeating God's name, but they don't have any understanding on who, what, where God is..........no spiritual wisdom

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਰਸਨਾ ਕਹਿਆ ਕਛੂ ਜਾਣੀ

Now read the next tuk, where Satguru says why people do such things against Satguru:

ਚਿਤੁ ਜਿਨ ਕਾ ਹਿਰਿ ਲਇਆ ਮਾਇਆ ਬੋਲਨਿ ਪਏ ਰਵਾਣੀ

चितु जिन का हिरि लइआ माइआ बोलनि पए रवाणी ॥

Cẖiṯ jin kā hir la▫i▫ā mā▫i▫ā bolan pa▫e ravāṇī.

Their consciousness is lured by Maya; they are just reciting mechanically.

The mind runs to what the person finds appealing. Its a natural human reaction and we see this all the time happen, when some favourite singer of the punjabi community comes out with a song about God and the singer says things against Gurbani. The punjabi community gets their sticks out and starts bashing anyone who speaks out against anyone who tells them to keep your sharda on Maharaj and not on singers (kachi Bani singers).

Many Sikhs today run to others (people who don't understand Gurbani or don't know about Gurbani) to understand more about God and how his play works. Just talking to a person who is very ignorant of Gurbani today, they said that Gurbani is the full truth and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. This person deserves a Siropa for saying this. They have got the most important teaching Satguru has taught us through Gurbani. When people search for spiritual wisdom from people like Osho, then you are destroying your spirituality as you are listening to false Bani (kachi Bani).

I am not saying don't read Osho's stuff, but when you read it, read with the intent to say this person is only giving me Kachi Bani and i should only read to gain the knowledge on what he says. So when a Sikh tells me this Osho guy is amazing and has a lot of spiritual knowledge, then i can respond to such a comment in an appropriate manner and show how wrong he actually is.

One of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj's 52 Hukams is to always keep your faith in Gurbani and ONLY study other religious texts, in this case study what Osho says. But only keep faith in Gurbani.

People can praise Osho all they want, but the facts regarding this person are very clear...........he is only giving you kachi Bani and nothing more. If you like Kachi Bani then that is your choice in life and Maharaj's Hukam. If you want to be a Sikh, then listen to the above pauri and just study Osho's writing to gain knowledge on what he says and nothing more. Again your choice..........