afraid of sleeping alone in dark

Guest sikh007

I m almost 22 and still I have never slept alone in the room never ever ,I will either sleep with my elder brother or family ,Its so shame for a guy , I tried sleeping alone once and my mind was just feared ,whenever I close my eyes I feel like someone is there ghost ,aatma ,I. Just cant bring peace to my mind , what to do ?

I'll tell you a true personal story.

When I was in third grade (give or take a year) I woke up and looked outside my window (my window and room is towards the street) and I saw flashing lights and heard sirens. I woke up in the morning and asked my mom on the way to class what had happened, but she nor my dad later told me. After some time they finally said what happened. It turned out that my neighbor's daughter had hung herself. My dad was on good terms with the family and the girl was a step daughter and I guess she had been bullied in the high school that I would come to attend as I went to 9th grade. Anyways, just like our neighbors, we were the first owners of the house and moved in right when they were built (some 20 years ago). They talked to my dad a little after this happened, but not too much and next we heard they were moving to another state because they couldn't take to live in the house where she commit suicide.

After they moved in another gore family moved in, very nice and educated couple with one young baby and a golden retriever. They stayed for around two and a half years and were very nice to have as neighbors. After two and a half years, they suddenly moved away and another family came in, this time it was a guy who I kid you not I still think looks exactly like the police officer from heroes (I could be crazy but I think it was him lol or a twin brother). This guy and my dad didn't get along because he didn't take care of the trees or something like that. They stayed for a year or so and then moved to some town house and I still see him driving around today and still think he's the guy from heroes haha. Anyways they moved after a year or so and then another family came in, but they didn't live there, they bought the house and redid it and hoped that the prices would go up again because house prices fell quite a bit and they counted it to jump again, little did they know the plunge wasn't even close to being over. They were Italian or Armenian or something like that, but they moved away again after a year or so. We'd see them occasionally remodeling the place and then they sold it, but this time to a Hmong family moved in. This is a couple years ago from today. Anyways we hadn't really got introduced to them, but one day my dad was out in the yard and the new neighbor lady was in the yard as well and came up to my dad and they talked for a bit discussing general things you do when you meet someone new and a new neighbor.

After they were almost done talking, the lady asked my dad weird question. She said, "Has anyone ever died in this house?". My dad at first instinctively just said no and then said, "Wait, actually some years ago the first owner's daughter had committed suicide".

Upon hearing this, the lady kind of was set back and explained why she had asked. She said her son sees a woman in a white dress at night time and she talks to him. They said at first they didn't believe him, but after hearing that someone actually died in the house and it being a girl, it freaked them out. The lady said they weren't religious but they started to put crosses up and after this my dad never really talked to them. It was the first and only time to my knowledge.

We'd notice at night time they always had relatives over and had their lights on. This went on for almost two years and now a new gore family are there who seem cool.

Okay, now the point of typing this whole story is that my room is right next to the side where their house is lol and nothing has happened to me.

If you're honest and you love our Gurus, you have nothing to worry about. Keep doing path and you don't even have to think about these things. Stick to nitnem and do it out of love bro!

Nirbhau Nirvair

When I was in third grade (give or take a year) I woke up and looked outside my window (my window and room is towards the street) and I saw flashing lights and heard sirens. I woke up in the morning and asked my mom on the way to class what had happened, but she nor my dad later told me. After some time they finally said what happened. It turned out that my neighbor's daughter had hung herself. My dad was on good terms with the family and the girl was a step daughter and I guess she had been bullied in the high school that I would come to attend as I went to 9th grade. Anyways, just like our neighbors, we were the first owners of the house and moved in right when they were built (some 20 years ago). They talked to my dad a little after this happened, but not too much and next we heard they were moving to another state because they couldn't take to live in the house where she commit suicide.

After they moved in another gore family moved in, very nice and educated couple with one young baby and a golden retriever. They stayed for around two and a half years and were very nice to have as neighbors. After two and a half years, they suddenly moved away and another family came in, this time it was a guy who I kid you not I still think looks exactly like the police officer from heroes (I could be crazy but I think it was him lol or a twin brother). This guy and my dad didn't get along because he didn't take care of the trees or something like that. They stayed for a year or so and then moved to some town house and I still see him driving around today and still think he's the guy from heroes haha. Anyways they moved after a year or so and then another family came in, but they didn't live there, they bought the house and redid it and hoped that the prices would go up again because house prices fell quite a bit and they counted it to jump again, little did they know the plunge wasn't even close to being over. They were Italian or Armenian or something like that, but they moved away again after a year or so. We'd see them occasionally remodeling the place and then they sold it, but this time to a Hmong family moved in. This is a couple years ago from today. Anyways we hadn't really got introduced to them, but one day my dad was out in the yard and the new neighbor lady was in the yard as well and came up to my dad and they talked for a bit discussing general things you do when you meet someone new and a new neighbor.

After they were almost done talking, the lady asked my dad weird question. She said, "Has anyone ever died in this house?". My dad at first instinctively just said no and then said, "Wait, actually some years ago the first owner's daughter had committed suicide".

Upon hearing this, the lady kind of was set back and explained why she had asked. She said her son sees a woman in a white dress at night time and she talks to him. They said at first they didn't believe him, but after hearing that someone actually died in the house and it being a girl, it freaked them out. The lady said they weren't religious but they started to put crosses up and after this my dad never really talked to them. It was the first and only time to my knowledge.

We'd notice at night time they always had relatives over and had their lights on. This went on for almost two years and now a new gore family are there who seem cool.

Okay, now the point of typing this whole story is that my room is right next to the side where their house is lol and nothing has happened to me.

If you're honest and you love our Gurus, you have nothing to worry about. Keep doing path and you don't even have to think about these things. Stick to nitnem and do it out of love bro!

Nirbhau Nirvair

Wow gripping story veer! But erm i think the poster veer asked for help lol not to be freaked out even more with new horror stories!! :s LOL

Nirbhau Nirvair

LOVE THIS STORY!!

i hope that the family that moved in were italians.. LOL... i love them!!!

BTW: what are Hmong People?

Such type of stories will definitely help me to overcome fear veerji ...thanks ;) ,my home is attached to gurudwara ,same walls .every morning kirtan is start at 3 am ,and sach kahaan I feel like a sher during that time ,aaan do jede marzi phooth nu dekhi jaaugi , I will try light kirtan volume when I sleep , hope my parents don't get to know about this (due to another personal reason ) and hope after sometime I will sleep alone without any help :) PEACE ,I will try it tonight