Offensive video of prophet mohammad, what if it was our guru sahiban?

N30S1NGH

People already know whats happening in the news- riots/violent protest against west for showing offensive video of prophet mohammad sahib.

Lets be pro-active and start an discussion on - what if it was our guru sahiban depicted in such offensive manner in west? how would sangat would react? and how they should react? peacefully? or violent- buring director ifggies/statues etc?? What's sri akaal takth sahib role should be in this kind of situation?

Please discuss?

After some deep thought, I would personally react opposite of what film maker intend or anticipate reaction wanted to be.... director outcome mission should be failed as most of time its intended to invoke an violent reaction to make other party look like fanatics or extremist...!!...It's complex chess game..!!..we have to go with the flow on international stage and media..!!

Peaceful protests with unified educational campaigns.

Sadly, I'm more cynical of what would happen though. Especially with anti-Panthic agencies like that numbskull from Delhi (Akali Dal International) RSS/Congress guy.

After some deep thought, I would personally react opposite of what film maker intend or anticipate reaction wanted to be.... director outcome mission should be failed as most of time its intended to invoke an violent reaction to make other party look like fanatics or extremist...!!...It's complex chess game..!!..we have to go with the flow on international stage and media..!!

No joke, I thought the same thing before reading what you posted.

Great minds think alike! lol

Like N30Singh has said I would try to behave in a manner directly opposite to the reaction THEY want me to give. When moments like these occur you have to be one step ahead of developments - dare I say you have to be a little bit "chalaakh" in order to get your objectives done. Sadly, little old me in England hasn't got a voice to shape policy on Sikh matters such as these. Those who DO have the power will most likely take all the wrong decisions as they always do.

Look muslims themselves (not all) give a bad name to their prophet. This was expected as far back after 9/11. The need now is to leave them to their own instruments to deal with this and not interfere in their matter. Other than that for clearing up public dilemmas Sikh community should announce they stand against any film making fun of or insulting any religious, cultural or national sentiments.

I think the line 'vadda na hoveh kaath na jai' comes to mind. Guru ji is beyond both praise and slander and doesnt need pathetic beings like us to protect its honour, if that is even possible.

Lets face it, people who do this kind of thing are simply trying to provoke. If they get the reaction that they are looking for then they have won and we have lost. Dont give them the satisfaction. Our enemies have long used our affection for the Guru as a weapon with which they can manipulate us and control our behaivour. We should not let them do this and stay in complete control of our emotions.

Unfortunately. taking revenge is something that usually backfires badly and the whole community has to suffer as a result

Sooner or later this will happen to us.

Someone somewhere will make a movie depicting the Gurus, whether in a good or bad light. The question is what we do about it.

Do we react violently in which case confirm negative held views about the Sikh community especially by the press and possibly provoke others to then do other things to provoke more reaction.

Do we do nothing? In which case do not give publicity to the movie, but on the other hand reinforce views held by certain sections that we are weak and maybe they then become bolder and try other things?

Do we protest peacefully and bare pressure on MP’s and through media?

Do we react differently if it is an Indian movie or a western movie?

We need to be proactive, much like the Jewish community, these are all questions we should be asking now and be prepared now not when something like this happens?

Proactive approach - Make documentaries, Video's showing the life/highest-character of Guru's/Guru Ke Sikh/how Guru(s) gave respect to all religions/how Guru(s) came forward for religious tolerance/to stop religious persecution/equal status for woman/child/all man-kind. I think we hae not been able to make more and more documentaries/videos/slides all posted under one roof (or even by different organisations) showing what Sikhism is.

YouTube has an option called "response to video". Make responsive videos condemning the one made and educate the masses about reality. Off late I've realized that its best to use the weapons of your enemies against them, which mostly applies to the media. I am not sure how many of you have been reading user comments under the news articles about the Wisconsin Gurdwara incident. You have enough Hindus highlighting Sikh Jujharoos as terrorists and trying to put forward the notion that "Sikhs are as bad as Muslims". I say we use this negative publicity as well and highlight what the Indian government did to us in 1984. Thats the point I am trying to make, we need to turn the tables and use our enemy's weapons against them. If they use YouTube to degrade Sikhi, we use it to glorify it. If they use Facebook, Twitter, or whatever, use it to respond to them without stooping to their level by using insults/swears but by providing factual evidences. The only way to shut such people up is slap them with the truth. If they continue to moan and whine, then quit arguing because their IQ isn't worth it and they'e already proved themselves to be fools. But until then, keep up the fight with the pen, use knowledge as your deadliest weapon and use their weapons (YouTube, Facebook etc.) against them, not to harm, but to educate or shut them up. This will show the world that violence is not our way (unless we're pushed with our backs against the wall), rather we're sane and wise enough to fight fiction/myth with facts. We don't set fire to embassies, we burn ignorance at its root and the world needs to see that.