True or false: Sakhis

Wicked Warrior

I hear a lot of Sakhis. Now some are well-known, consistent in their telling and have a profound meaning attached.

Others though I've never heard of and am unsure if true. Today I heard a Sakhi (heard two but can't recall the second one) and just wondered if anyone else has heard it:

Guru Gobind Singh Ji wrote something (scriptures, pothi, granth - I don't know) and threw it into the sarovar of where he was. It is said that if anyone goes there and writes "penti" (don't know if this refers to number 35 or something else) , they will receive gyan.

Has anyone heard this? I'm lost as to why Guru Ji would write something valuable and then throw it. It'd be like throwing angs of the Guru.

i remember the second Sakhi:

Guru Nanak Dev Ji, around age 10-12 sat on a crooked wall. An elderly bibi told him off and said it was dangerous to sit on it because it might fall and he might hurt himself. Guru Ji replied that it won't fall and would remain standing throughout the ages (ie the four yugs). Apparently this wall is still standing.

Does anyone know where this wall is?

I think you may be confusing the Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sakhi with two different ones.

At the Sarsa river they had lost a big khajana of priceless books/pothian. At Sri Damdama Sahib there is a place where you can write the Gurmukhi alphabets and you will memorize them. I don't think it is ithihaasic.

There is a mirror that was used by Guru Gobind Singh Ji inside the Takhat Sahib.

I haven't heard the second sakhi about Baba Nanak but I believe the first one is becoming increasingly well known because Giani Thakur Singh does katha of it (I heard it from him during his recent tour).

Penti here refers to the original name of what we know as the Gurmukhi script. 'Penti' as in the Panjabi word for the number 35, but as you probably know letters where subsequently added to this 35 and we now have at least 41 (the extras being the dotted letters which represent Persian/Arabic sounds and the Lalla pair bindi for the retroflex L ਸ਼ ਖ਼ ਫ਼ ਗ਼ ਜ਼ ਲ਼ ).

From what I remember of the katha, I think giani said that if you want to learn the language you go to this place and write the first line of the penti (ੳ ਅ ੲ ਸ ਹ) on a paper and throw it in some some tank, it helps you to remember/learn.

Whether this sakhi has a basis in a historical incident or not I don't know. But it appears to be a pretty harmless emerging tradition at worst, plus I think it will help but Damdami on the 'historical pilgrimage' trail with the mainstream. Damdami is apparently a learning centre with a long provenance, dating back to dasmesh pita apparently.

Apart from donations, I think they have funded themselves through printing gutkay (DDT sunder gutka/pothi), and now with the emergence of digitised gutkay on iphones/laptops their traditional source of funds may decrease, so having more traffic at Damdami (and the ensuing donations) are important - the place does a lot of good work. It's like THE centre for classical/traditional Sikh learning.

Forgive any misapprehensions on my part.

I have also heard of that story of Guru Nanak, Heres some websites which talk more about it, there is a Gurdwara there now called Gurdwara Khand Sahib

http://www.sgpc.net/historical-gurdwaras/nanak.asp

http://www.historicalgurudwaras.com/India/Punjab/Gurdaspur/GurudwaraShriKandhSahib/gallery.php

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Gurdwara_Kandh_Sahib

Second sakhi of GUru Nanak Dev ji and Wall. This one is in Batala City(Dist. Gurdaspur) Punjab where GUru Nanak Dev ji went to get married with Mata Sulkhani ji. That wall is still there. GUrudwara Kand Sahib is the name. the Foundation of gurudwara was done by Sant Brahmgyani Sant Harnam singh ji Kilewale(NeelDhari Samprada(that time, even Sant Jwala singh ji were there...Sangat requested Sant Jwala singh ji to lay the foundation of the gurudwara but Sant ji refused saying Only and Only Sant Harnam singh ji Kilewale Mahapursh can lay the foundation of the Gurudwara

Guru Nanak Dev Ji, around age 10-12 sat on a crooked wall. An elderly bibi told him off and said it was dangerous to sit on it because it might fall and he might hurt himself. Guru Ji replied that it won't fall and would remain standing throughout the ages (ie the four yugs). Apparently this wall is still standing.

Does anyone know where this wall is?

I think this saakhi is about Kand Sahib Gurdwara in Batala in the Chakri Bazar. I went there recently. The wall is still standing.

There was a Gurbani Written which was not part of the SGGSJI. i.e. PENTIS AKHRI. Ongkar Sarab Parkasi...Atam sud me Akre Abinaasi........................Za Ra La VA RA. Mehl Dasve Naal Durga Mantar Rilaye Likhya ONG SRING HRING LRING SUNDRI BALAH NAMAH.

Refer to this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=151604741630915&set=pb.104738736317516.-2207520000.1347799717&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=151604428297613&set=pb.104738736317516.-2207520000.1347799717&type=1&permPage=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=161717723952950&set=pb.104738736317516.-2207520000.1347799768&type=1&theater